ADVERTISEMENT

Gun caliber/type preferance thread

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I know we’ve discussed guns ad nauseam on here but this thread is different. I’m going to take the same approach I took with my best guitarist thread from a couple months ago. Categories..... mine are as follows.

carry- colt detective 38

Target shooting- colt python (357) with 6” barrel

These colts are not old man out dated guns. They’re perfectly balanced, not too heavy but so dense that they still retain the recoil so that you don’t have to reset you’re self for the follow up shots. They literally kick into your hands as oppose to out of your hands and they’re extremely accurate. .38 aren’t expensive and even though 357 is, you’ll still spend less money on ammo because you’re only shooting maybe a couple dozen rounds at most as oppose to fifty rounds with a lower cal.

12 gauge browning- just a perfect gun for trap shooting or bird hunting and they look great displayed in the case and can be passed down for generations.

20 gauge pistol grip mosberg-i bought this for my wife and later came to grips with why this isn’t just the best gun for home defense for her but for anyone. Unless you live in a mansion, you’re not going to miss with this and it still has a lot of stopping power. You don’t even have to practice with it. It’s easy to maneuver, inexpensive, easy to maintain, ammo is cheap, etc.

S&w m&p 223 556 nato ar- perfect for if you’re worried about looters in an anarchy situation where the cops are told to stand down or are overwhelmed and out manned and looters are doing their thing at free will. Also what I call the luxury mans rifle. You can shoot this thing all day long with out any muscle aches or bruises. If you have property or a friend with property (even better) it’s a must. You can have a lot of fun with this thing. Bad ass. They even make exploding targets for if you have the space to where no one will hear it. Again, have to have property or a friend with property to Really take advantage of this.

colt antiques- these things are like gold and only go up in value and you can pass on to your kids and look great in a shadow box and tell a story.

I’ve come to the point in my life where I want less of the things that I like and just want a few things that I love.

my p226 40 cal h&k i love but I don’t have a lot of time to shoot and realistically the only gun that I need to train with is my colt 38 detective. Like I said you don’t need to train with a shotgun for close qrt conflict. When I want more fun at the range I opt for my colt python. I have a kimber 1911 45 and i just don’t get the love fest with it. It’s not as good for home defense as a shot gun, it’s not as good as a carry as the 38 and it’s not as fun to shoot or as accurate as the 357. I have the 380 body guard which essentially a 9mm and the laser site is worthless, the way it fits in your hand is aquard for anyone with man hands, it’s not accurate past 10 feet so it’s basically a belly buster which the colt detective is just as effective with and just as easy to conceal and the same amount of rounds (6) minus one in the chamber. I have the 44 s@w because I’m a big dirty harry fan but it’s way heavy, not balanced very well and hard to consistently aim unlike the 357. I have a glock 19(9mm) which is a cool gun for the price because it’s light weight, holds a lot of ammo, is well balanced, easy to maintain, is relatively accurite but just has a what ever feel in the back if you’re mind. It’s cool but it’s not that cool when you’re shooting it in comparison to guns like the sig or hk that I already talked about.
I had a norinko pre ban ak 56 (same thing pretty much as the 47 in every way just not russian). It was cool in that it would eat up any cheap pos ammo and you never really have to clean it and there’s a flame that shoots out of it. It’s not at all accurate though. The wood furniture around the barrel gets so hot you have to put it down after 30 shots and it kills your shoulder. I have a 50 cal dessert eagle and this one is the epitome of a novelty. It’s the most unpracticle gun on the planet. People talk about the $3 rounds but you shoot it six times and you’re done with it for the year. Very high maintenance gun too. This is just where I’m at right now. Thoughts?

Last edited:
.22 short revolver.
I have a .22 ruger and it’s perfect for rat/ Snake shots(Really cool they look like little Tylenol capsules and are basicly little shot gun shells or what ever and they’re not loud and don’t go far so you can kill the cotton mouth in your yard with out the neighbors freaking out), Ammo is dirt cheap. My ruger is a freaking pain in the ass to take a part and put back together though. It’s a cheap enough gun I don’t even bother trying to clean it any more. It’s just not the gun that excites you at the range and it’s really not all that great for defense.

not saying anyone wants to get hit with one though. In the plaza i work in a guy came out of a bar next to us and started shooting his .22 and missed the guy he was after and killed some poor guy near by instead. The guy he was after grabbed his 9mm right out of his car right out side my restaurant and shot and killed the shooter. Our cameras basically closed the case. No telling who else the guy with the .22 would have shot and killed. One guy owned their gun legally and the other didn’t. Like the NRA says, it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFSteve
10mm is my favorite round and you beta AF if you say .40 lol like literally.

The Glock 20 and 29 are great with it I. A striker fired. I live my 1911 Kimber tho, at the range it can be a bit much with the added weight but it’s my welcoming gift for uninvited visters until at least I get to my closet and my AR-12 🖕

I like my 9mm Glock. For carry I have a Colt Ultra lite 380. I have a Ruger 357 and a Mark IV Colt 45 Nickel plated. I have a number of others...

Glock 9mm nice feel not too heavy on recoil good accuracy. A little too big for conceal

Colt 6145 AR 15...still in wrapper purchased just before 2016 election

Benelli Montefeltro Silver 12guage semi-auto..great bird & trap gun, tracks well and weight is perfect

new addition last week; Benelli Lupo 30.06..haven’t shot yet need a scope so researching those now

Reactions: Allied2651

Thanks for your info. Just a question about your background in firearms:

* is this something you inherited from your family?

* or, is this something you found on your own?

I ask cuz I have no interest in guns even though my dad brought home his service 38 revolver every night as a policemen. He wasn’t a hunter or outdoorsmen. He was a cop in a tough urban environment.

I’m curious to learn whether gun culture is inherited or self generated.

Thanks for your perspective.

I ask cuz I have no interest in guns even though my dad brought home his service 38 revolver every night as a policemen. He wasn’t a hunter or outdoorsmen. He was a cop in a tough urban environment.

It’s both.
Many got interested because of father’s, family members, hunting, and military

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone
Glock 9mm nice feel not too heavy on recoil good accuracy. A little too big for conceal

Colt 6145 AR 15...still in wrapper purchased just before 2016 election

Benelli Montefeltro Silver 12guage semi-auto..great bird & trap gun, tracks well and weight is perfect

new addition last week; Benelli Lupo 30.06..haven’t shot yet need a scope so researching those now
Benelli - very nice. Looking at a Remington 870 DM. Might not do it and go for the higher priced Benelli.
I have a never been shot ,in the box, Colt Sauer 30-06. Have a 3x9 Leupold. The Colt Sauer is a collectors piece.

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone

My father was a 30 year cop and master range instructor in SW FL for over a decade. I grew up around guns and knew how to safely handle them at a very young age. My son has also but has zero interest in them. We don’t force it on him but he definitely know what to do when a gun is found and has a respect for them. By the way my wife is a cop too. We have a ton of firearms between the two of us.

Thanks Cash. My dad was career cop in Oakland, CA. Tough town. In the 60s, Oakland was the home of the Black Panthers, the Hell’s Angels and multiple Vietnam War protests.

He had his gun but did not train his 3 sons in anything gun related.

Reactions: Allied2651

so...my mom and dad were not into guns at all. Literally forbid them in the house. As a child of the 80’s-early 90’s I grew up playing army guys/cow boys and indians/cops, wwf wrestling buddies, a fake bowie knife from crocodile dundee or a cheesy whip from the movie Indiana jones, Ninja turtle numb chucks, terminator 2 costumes etc you get the point, pretending to be bruce willis from die hard or mel gibson from leathal weapon. Pretty much all my toys revolved around violence weather it be gi joe or even lego cops/knights, pirates, etc. point being I always wanted a gun. Like our buddy honey here I didn’t want the responsibility of owning a gun when I moved off to college because I knew the frame of mind that I was regularly in and the people I was around and ppl constantly going in and out of my apt and just didn’t want to worry about it. Well that and guns are expensive and I didn’t have the money. Fast forward.

i got my first house and my neighbor’s house was broken into while the robber was still there and the guy that lived there just had to watch him leave at free will because the robber in his head could have been armed and he clearly was not. Same house broken into two weeks later. Fast forward.

I was doing charity work for a non for profit in a kinda crime ridden area near my house and in mid day two guys walked right in front of my truck on the way to the rescue mission forcing me to SLAM on my breaks, tires screeching and all. I look at these two guys and am saying wtf are you doing. They look back at me saying what appeared to be, “do you have a problem with this” as one guy shows me the gun in his pants. I put my hands up and just kind of shrug it off saying do your thing. They both do there deal, walk away and I go about my way. Fast forward again.

I’m kinda seeing this girl in miami a cheerleader for miami when i’d go to the games (we went to high school together but i still lived/live in orlando), i’m staying at the hyatt regency in coral gables and she says i just moved to this house right near you. I take one wrong turn and I’m in the back side of coral gables that i didnt know exist. Needles to say that clearly wasn’t where she lived and i was lucky to get out of there alive. Kids hovering around my truck in their bikes trying to see through my tinted windows. People trying to tell me to put my window down and stop me. It was pitch black at this time and you’d think it was the middle of the afternoon with all the people that were out and they were all staring at me and were acting like they were skeptical of my presence.

Fast forward again. I own a restaurant, shooting in front of my place which is a nice place in a nice area.

ok, now it’s time to head to that gun show I’ve been hearing about so often. I’m done considering buying a gun at this point. How many more times do I have to feel lucky and unprepared before I’m not so lucky, ya know? I know nothing about guns at this point but glock 9’s seem to be pretty popular and I get sticker shock at much more expensive guns are than i already thought they were. I buy the glock for like $600 and take my carry class that day. Cortez, I have to tell you and I’m not trying to sound snobby but this gun show made the sanford flee market look like the ritz carlton. My clothes smelled so bad from all the BO (place was packed) I literally had to take my clothes off in the garage and just throw them directly in the wash when i got home. My truck still smelled bad just from me driving in those clothes i had to air it out for a day. Any ways a few months go by and my concealed comes in the mail and i have my gun. Gander opens up an in door shooting range right near my house that is beautiful. I take my glock there and the range master kinda keeps an eye on me, gives me tips and shows me some basics. That’s when I was hooked. I go back once a week (i was sorta single at the time) all the time in the world. I get better at it all the while my business’s start doing better so i have a little more money and want to upgrade. I get the colt python which is a collector gun (really splurged) it was everything i thought it would be and more. From there it started. Worst thing about guns are if they’re good they’re good investment. They just don’t go down in value much even after you use them and in a lot of cases go up in value. Sounds great but then the problem is you have an excuse to buy them. In the process my dad finds out that this is a new hobby and gives me his old shot guns that he use to hunt with, his dads s&w police edition 38 revolver with the pencil barrel and his grand fathers belly buster and his grand uncles 1877 colt lightening that he really didn’t know anything about.

Fast forward yet again. Now im married with kids and work a lot, ganders shooting range closed and now I’m just looking to simplify.

it’s a fun hobby and a great trade to know and it’s always in the back if your head that your guns will go to your kids but for the most part i just don’t shoot much anymore. I am however looking at a property in volusia county about 45 min from my house that my sisters and i can go in together with just for recreational shooting, four wheeling, fishing etc. we’ll see but that’s my story. Sorry it was long but you asked. Hope you appreciate my answer too because I had to go back and correct my spelling about 10 times lol.

btw, drank some 2013 deluctus french wedding tonight. My god is this stuff good. In a blind tasting I really would have guest it was a left bank bordeaux.

Last edited:
10mm is my favorite round and you beta AF if you say .40 lol like literally.

The Glock 20 and 29 are great with it I. A striker fired. I live my 1911 Kimber tho, at the range it can be a bit much with the added weight but it’s my welcoming gift for uninvited visters until at least I get to my closet and my AR-12 🖕
Why in Gods name would you say that a sig p226 40 cal is beta? Then you go on to say that you’re glock 20 is your gun of choice. That 10 is literally more recoil than your kimber 1911 but with less accuracy. It’s freaking hand cannon. No one has ever been hit anywhere with a 40 cal hollow point and gone on to do what ever. Really sounds like you’re trying to overcompensate for something with the comparison. If you’re going to go that rout and just cocka the 40 cal and brag about your glock 10 why not just cut to the chase and get your self a s&w .500 with a short barrel, then you’ll really be an alpha right? I owned an 82 isreali made dessert eagle 50 cal nickeled, had fun with it and sold it. I shot that .500 s&w and call me a wimp but it wasn’t fun. Shot rounds of my buddies gun and I don’t need to do it again. My hand hurt for two weeks but i guess im just a beta because i love the sig p226 40 cal that most of the feds use or use to use, not sure what they’re using today. Probably h&k .40.

Reactions: thedonaldWYO
My father was a 30 year cop and master range instructor in SW FL for over a decade. I grew up around guns and knew how to safely handle them at a very young age. My son has also but has zero interest in them. We don’t force it on him but he definitely know what to do when a gun is found and has a respect for them. By the way my wife is a cop too. We have a ton of firearms between the two of us.
Good stuff. I have two boys one 1 and 1 four and i keep my shit locked up at all times and it’s just weird now that I’m a dad when I see my kids, well the one that’s 4 pick up a toy gun. I guess when i was younger it was just accepted to play with toy guns and our parents didn’t have a care in the world about it. Haven’t quite figured out or made up my mind yet on how to raise my kids around guns. I really want to buy this property near by. Feel like it’s something that’ll help raise them in a lot of ways. Land is like the perfect training ground for boys to be boys and eventually learn how to do things on their own.

Last edited:
Thanks Cash for all your family does. No doubt the hardest job in America today.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
I have a Red Rider Daisy BB gun 😜😂😂. Really my favorite gun and my very first. My dad gave it to me we’re raised up in a family that loved and respected the great outdoors hunting and fishing.

Why in Gods name would you say that a sig p226 40 cal is beta? Then you go on to say that you’re glock 20 is your gun of choice. That 10 is literally more recoil than your kimber 1911 but with less accuracy. It’s freaking hand cannon. No one has ever been hit anywhere with a 40 cal hollow point and gone on to do what ever. Really sounds like you’re trying to overcompensate for something with the comparison. If you’re going to go that rout and just cocka the 40 cal and brag about your glock 10 why not just cut to the chase and get your self a s&w .500 with a short barrel, then you’ll really be an alpha right? I owned an 82 isreali made dessert eagle 50 cal nickeled, had fun with it and sold it. I shot that .500 s&w and call me a wimp but it wasn’t fun. Shot rounds of my buddies gun and I don’t need to do it again. My hand hurt for two weeks but i guess im just a beta because i love the sig p226 40 cal that most of the feds use or use to use, not sure what they’re using today. Probably h&k .40.
Please google why the .40 exists. You’ll have my answer. RIP the feds with those underpowered 9mm that led to the 10mm.
We can discuss the differences later but by definition, .40 existence is owed to beta.

50cal mounted on my roof just incase a peaceful protest decides they want to go shopping in my neighborhood 🤠 😉

He may pick up interest in Nov

Reactions: mahb
Good stuff. I have two boys one 1 and 1 four and i keep my shit locked up at all times and it’s just weird now that I’m a dad when I see my kids, well the one that’s 4 pick up a toy gun. I guess when i was younger it was just accepted to play with toy guns and our parents didn’t have a care in the world about it. Haven’t quite figured out or made up my mind yet on how to raise my kids around guns. I really want to buy this property near by. Feel like it’s something that’ll help raise them in a lot of ways. Land is like the perfect training ground for boys to be boys and eventually learn how to do things on their own.
I let my boys play a lot with toy guns at an early age, but of course they wanted to shoot my real guns. So I made a deal with them, they could shoot real guns but could never again point a toy gun at anyone. I wanted them to take gun safety seriously. One day my youngest son who likes to antagonize his sister, pointed his finger at her and brought his thumb down like he was shooting her. I wanted to teach him how serious I was so I didn’t let him shoot the next time we went to the range and I made him write an essay on gun safety and turn it into me. He was 6.

In my opinion, letting kids get experience with guns in a safe environment takes away their dangerous curiosity. Of course lock them up but if the guns are a mystery to them they’ll have that curiosity.
The property is a great idea. My kids are married now but I have 10 acres on a lake and a shooting range. Healthy environment for my grandkids to experience. Tractors, fishing, shooting. Things kids need, especially boys.
Read The Coddling of the American Mind for some scary info about how the generation of kids in college now were raised.

Here’s what I heard
Feds switched to Glock 9mm a few years ago. Because the ammo had gotten so much better they didn’t need to carry .40. The female feds in particular had a hard time with it. As I remember, the Glock G45 was spec’d for the feds too. It’s also the gun I recommend for anyone as a first gun.

so...my mom and dad were not into guns at all. Literally forbid them in the house. As a child of the 80’s-early 90’s I grew up playing army guys/cow boys and indians/cops, wwf wrestling buddies, a fake bowie knife from crocodile dundee or a cheesy whip from the movie Indiana jones, Ninja turtle numb chucks, terminator 2 costumes etc you get the point, pretending to be bruce willis from die hard or mel gibson from leathal weapon. Pretty much all my toys revolved around violence weather it be gi joe or even lego cops/knights, pirates, etc. point being I always wanted a gun. Like our buddy honey here I didn’t want the responsibility of owning a gun when I moved off to college because I knew the frame of mind that I was regularly in and the people I was around and ppl constantly going in and out of my apt and just didn’t want to worry about it. Well that and guns are expensive and I didn’t have the money. Fast forward.

i got my first house and my neighbor’s house was broken into while the robber was still there and the guy that lived there just had to watch him leave at free will because the robber in his head could have been armed and he clearly was not. Same house broken into two weeks later. Fast forward.

I was doing charity work for a non for profit in a kinda crime ridden area near my house and in mid day two guys walked right in front of my truck on the way to the rescue mission forcing me to SLAM on my breaks, tires screeching and all. I look at these two guys and am saying wtf are you doing. They look back at me saying what appeared to be, “do you have a problem with this” as one guy shows me the gun in his pants. I put my hands up and just kind of shrug it off saying do your thing. They both do there deal, walk away and I go about my way. Fast forward again.

I’m kinda seeing this girl in miami a cheerleader for miami when i’d go to the games (we went to high school together but i still lived/live in orlando), i’m staying at the hyatt regency in coral gables and she says i just moved to this house right near you. I take one wrong turn and I’m in the back side of coral gables that i didnt know exist. Needles to say that clearly wasn’t where she lived and i was lucky to get out of there alive. Kids hovering around my truck in their bikes trying to see through my tinted windows. People trying to tell me to put my window down and stop me. It was pitch black at this time and you’d think it was the middle of the afternoon with all the people that were out and they were all staring at me and were acting like they were skeptical of my presence.

Fast forward again. I own a restaurant, shooting in front of my place which is a nice place in a nice area.

ok, now it’s time to head to that gun show I’ve been hearing about so often. I’m done considering buying a gun at this point. How many more times do I have to feel lucky and unprepared before I’m not so lucky, ya know? I know nothing about guns at this point but glock 9’s seem to be pretty popular and I get sticker shock at much more expensive guns are than i already thought they were. I buy the glock for like $600 and take my carry class that day. Cortez, I have to tell you and I’m not trying to sound snobby but this gun show made the sanford flee market look like the ritz carlton. My clothes smelled so bad from all the BO (place was packed) I literally had to take my clothes off in the garage and just throw them directly in the wash when i got home. My truck still smelled bad just from me driving in those clothes i had to air it out for a day. Any ways a few months go by and my concealed comes in the mail and i have my gun. Gander opens up an in door shooting range right near my house that is beautiful. I take my glock there and the range master kinda keeps an eye on me, gives me tips and shows me some basics. That’s when I was hooked. I go back once a week (i was sorta single at the time) all the time in the world. I get better at it all the while my business’s start doing better so i have a little more money and want to upgrade. I get the colt python which is a collector gun (really splurged) it was everything i thought it would be and more. From there it started. Worst thing about guns are if they’re good they’re good investment. They just don’t go down in value much even after you use them and in a lot of cases go up in value. Sounds great but then the problem is you have an excuse to buy them. In the process my dad finds out that this is a new hobby and gives me his old shot guns that he use to hunt with, his dads s&w police edition 38 revolver with the pencil barrel and his grand fathers belly buster and his grand uncles 1877 colt lightening that he really didn’t know anything about.

Fast forward yet again. Now im married with kids and work a lot, ganders shooting range closed and now I’m just looking to simplify.

it’s a fun hobby and a great trade to know and it’s always in the back if your head that your guns will go to your kids but for the most part i just don’t shoot much anymore. I am however looking at a property in volusia county about 45 min from my house that my sisters and i can go in together with just for recreational shooting, four wheeling, fishing etc. we’ll see but that’s my story. Sorry it was long but you asked. Hope you appreciate my answer too because I had to go back and correct my spelling about 10 times lol.

btw, drank some 2013 deluctus french wedding tonight. My god is this stuff good. In a blind tasting I really would have guest it was a left bank bordeaux.
Nice reading bro. Lol
Sounds like you’re in Lake Mary. When the virtual training simulator opened there I used it a lot. Pretty intense. I lived in Longwood for 30 years. Just built a home in Groveland. Paradise out here in the country. Come out and shoot sometime. Bring your kids. I have steel targets. You’ll never want to shoot paper inside again because there’s nothing like the sound of that ping. Seriously. You’re invited. Come on a game day too

Reactions: 801canesmxer
I have a .22 ruger and it’s perfect for rat/ Snake shots(Really cool they look like little Tylenol capsules and are basicly little shot gun shells or what ever and they’re not loud and don’t go far so you can kill the cotton mouth in your yard with out the neighbors freaking out), Ammo is dirt cheap. My ruger is a freaking pain in the ass to take a part and put back together though. It’s a cheap enough gun I don’t even bother trying to clean it any more. It’s just not the gun that excites you at the range and it’s really not all that great for defense.

not saying anyone wants to get hit with one though. In the plaza i work in a guy came out of a bar next to us and started shooting his .22 and missed the guy he was after and killed some poor guy near by instead. The guy he was after grabbed his 9mm right out of his car right out side my restaurant and shot and killed the shooter. Our cameras basically closed the case. No telling who else the guy with the .22 would have shot and killed. One guy owned their gun legally and the other didn’t. Like the NRA says, it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun.
I remember that story

Nice reading bro. Lol
Sounds like you’re in Lake Mary. When the virtual training simulator opened there I used it a lot. Pretty intense. I lived in Longwood for 30 years. Just built a home in Groveland. Paradise out here in the country. Come out and shoot sometime. Bring your kids. I have steel targets. You’ll never want to shoot paper inside again because there’s nothing like the sound of that ping. Seriously. You’re invited. Come on a game day too
Yes Lake Mary and I too lived in longwood for 25 years, grew up there in Springs Landings on Markem woods road. Where is Groveland in comparison to Lake Mary? I’ll definitely take you up on the offer thank you. sounds great and could help with getting the wife on board for the property I’m looking at.

Please google why the .40 exists. You’ll have my answer. RIP the feds with those underpowered 9mm that led to the 10mm.
We can discuss the differences later but by definition, .40 existence is owed to beta.
More power than a 9 and less power than a 10. There were problems with the glock but that doesn’t have anything to do with the later sig. glock is a poor mans sig or h&k. Different ball game. The grip alone on a sig p226 40 is too big for most women and a big reason I like it. It’s easier for me to wrap my hands around a bigger grip on the sig because i have big hands and as much as you cocka it, it’s extremely accurate and the follow up shot if needed doesn’t leave you completely reasserting your self for that next shot. Next time you shoot your glock 10 which isn’t very accurate in comparison, count how long it takes you to get in your stance, line up, aim, pull the trigger than start over again and then count real time with a moving target. You can also shoot accurate at the range all day with a sig 40 with no issues. Ammo is easier to find and not too expensive. Name one person that was ever shot with a 40 hollow point that kept going onto hurt somebody. Won’t happen. You’re just over compensating. Like I said, why even screw around with a 10 and not just go with my 357 or 50cal or the 1911 that you like so much? Why not go with the s&w500?

My carry pistol is an HK 40 but I have Glocks in all calibers. The 10mm is a bear to shoot but great if the 40 doesn't do it. i just bought a 38 SPL SW but all the stores out here are out of ammo for it

Yes Lake Mary and I too lived in longwood for 25 years, grew up there in Springs Landings on Markem woods road. Where is Groveland in comparison to Lake Mary? I’ll definitely take you up on the offer thank you. sounds great and could help with getting the wife on board for the property I’m looking at.
Check your private messages 6882

Cortez, be careful. You live in CA, you could probably be arrested just for viewing this thread!

Reactions: cortez55403
Most gun trainers/experts say 9mm is the best personal defense round because it has less kick than the 40 and 45 (easier to shoot accurately] and you can have more rounds in a magazine. I am thinking about getting a 9mm like a CZ p10 or a Beretta apx-the beretta holds 17 rounds and is pretty inexpensive.
But what I really want is an M2 50 caliber machine gun on my roof .

How do i do that? The new format has me kind of turned around. Still trying to figure everything out.
Look at the top of the page. There's an icon for messages. It should have a red number in it. That's the number of messages waiting for you. Since you didn't read my message, it disappeared. I'll send you another one now.

I was never a gun person even though I inherited a few guns that I’ve never used or even loaded. Now, seeing this trend towards police departments standing down, even in middle class neighborhoods, and letting the rioters run amok with violence, combined with political efforts to scale back day-to-day law enforcement, I’ve made plans to make some investments in self-defense. I’ll probably look to hire a security consultant to help with a comprehensive security plan, including architecture, lethal, and non-lethal weapons.

I don’t feel like my security is in immediate danger, but if I wait until it is, it might be too late to legally purchase what I need.

I was never a gun person even though I inherited a few guns that I’ve never used or even loaded. Now, seeing this trend towards police departments standing down, even in middle class neighborhoods, and letting the rioters run amok with violence, combined with political efforts to scale back day-to-day law enforcement, I’ve made plans to make some investments in self-defense. I’ll probably look to hire a security consultant to help with a comprehensive security plan, including architecture, lethal, and non-lethal weapons.

I don’t
feel like my security is in immediate danger, but if I wait until it is, it might be too late to legally purchase what I need.
Neil - In my opinion you are taking a good common sense approach to a rising problem. I don't know where you are located, but there are good security schools run by professionals that can teach you the proper use of firearms and situations when to use the proper use of force. Good luck...

Reactions: Neil 212
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT