ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone seen this new political ad blasting Shalala for ruining UM Football

tcane58

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2015
First of all, as a conservative, I thought the add was crappy because it ties in Shalala with Nevin Shapiro as the reason UM football went down. Thats the furthest from the truth. Shalala ruined UM football because she wanted to de-emphasize UM football by not only being cheap, but by demanding that she hand picks our head coaches. She had no idea what UM football meant to this city....but she certainly had no problem throwing up the "U" on commercials when trying to raise money for the medical program. Her whole campaign to raise money for the medical side was based on a symbol which was made famous by our heroes on the gridiron. When our new president took over he didnt show one ounce of narcissism when he said he will have nothing to do with the search and leave it in Blake's hands.

Also, both conservatives and liberals should be pulling for Donna to have a seat in Washington because that will get her far away from UM's campus. Folks, we're only in remission right now so sending Donna to Washington will rid us of the disease keeping us from any potential relapse. Vote Donna!!!! This conservative will be voting for her.

Last edited:
Ok we either Praise her as a lot of us did for finally putting a stop to Mark Emmerts NCAA Witch Hunt... Or Hang her in Effergy for this Ad... Take your pick...

Ok we either Praise her as a lot of us did for finally putting a stop to Mark Emmerts NCAA Witch Hunt... Or Hang her in Effergy for this Ad... Take your pick...

As a U grad and conservative minded individual, President Shalala did not do our Athletics program much service, but our academic standing rose exponentially under her leadership. I had the opportunity to converse with her many times after games and she was passionate about the U. As for voting her into Congress, I would pass.

First, you assume that any other president wouldnt have done the same. Second, the destruction of UM football came way before the Shapiro allegations went public. If you dont live in Miami, or if you live in Miami but dont pay attention to the local news, the media down here quoted many sources in the administration, including some on the board, that stated that Shalala purposely went out of her way to be cheap with the program and de-emphasize the program because she thought the program's reputation gave a black eye to the university. She was so filled with narcissism that if anyone had an opposing viewpoint they were done. She only cared about making a legacy for herself by trying to make the med side one of the best in the country and somehow thought that football and fundraising for academics were mutually exclusive. She is also the only president that I know of through out the country that meddled with the program to where she made our athletic directors resemble paper weights because they had no say.

First, you assume that any other president wouldnt have done the same. Second, the destruction of UM football came way before the Shapiro allegations went public. If you dont live in Miami, or if you live in Miami but dont pay attention to the local news, the media down here quoted many sources in the administration, including some on the board, that stated that Shalala purposely went out of her way to be cheap with the program and de-emphasize the program because she thought the program's reputation gave a black eye to the university. She was so filled with narcissism that if anyone had an opposing viewpoint they were done. She only cared about making a legacy for herself by trying to make the med side one of the best in the country and somehow thought that football and fundraising for academics were mutually exclusive. She is also the only president that I know of through out the country that meddled with the program to where she made our athletic directors resemble paper weights because they had no say.
She is the worst.

Reactions: BreakingCane
First of all, as a conservative, I though the add was crappy because it ties in Shalala with Nevin Shapiro as the reason UM football went down. Thats the furthest from the truth. Shalala ruined UM football because she wanted to de-emphasize UM football by not only being cheap, but by demanding that she hand picks our head coaches. She had no idea what UM football meant to this city....but she certainly had no problem throwing up the "U" on commercials when trying to raise money for the medical program. Her whole campaign to raise money for the medical side was based on a symbol which was made famous by our heroes on the gridiron. When our new president took over he didnt show one ounce of narcissism when he said he will have nothing to do with the search and leave it in Blake's hands.

Also, both conservatives and liberals should be pulling for Donna to have a seat in Washington because that will get her far away from UM's campus. Folks, we're only in remission right now so sending Donna to Washington will rid us of the disease keeping us from any potential relapse. Vote Donna!!!! This conservative will be voting for her.

You're voting for her because you're a closet liberal.

yes, a lot of us hate her because of what she did to the football program.

just can't Deny the good she did for academics. yes, other ppl "could've" done what she did, but lets face it, she was the ONE that did it.

That being said, am glad she's done cause football is so much better now that she is gone.

Rather have a championship winning football program turning out 7 first round draft choices each year and so should she. We are ranked in the 40’s when she took over in the 70’s. Guess what if she focused on football we’d still be in the forties. If we rolled from the early 2000’s in football admissions would be turning down some really good applicants. UM is nothing without football. Wouldn’t be anywhere near the academic institution it currently is without the wins, championships and the brand.

Reactions: jarrett33
First of all, as a conservative, I though the add was crappy because it ties in Shalala with Nevin Shapiro as the reason UM football went down. Thats the furthest from the truth. Shalala ruined UM football because she wanted to de-emphasize UM football by not only being cheap, but by demanding that she hand picks our head coaches. She had no idea what UM football meant to this city....but she certainly had no problem throwing up the "U" on commercials when trying to raise money for the medical program. Her whole campaign to raise money for the medical side was based on a symbol which was made famous by our heroes on the gridiron. When our new president took over he didnt show one ounce of narcissism when he said he will have nothing to do with the search and leave it in Blake's hands.

Shapiro gave her the check at a bowling alley and it was captured with a photo. Surprised they didn’t show that cause she had a greedy smile looking down on that check.

Reactions: BreakingCane
You're voting for her because you're a closet liberal.
If that's what it takes to get her out of Miami I'll let you design a shirt for me that says "I am a closet liberal." For me its all about the Canes. The phrase "its a Canes thing you wouldnt understand" fits perfectly with my agenda to force Shalala to Washington. Are you telling me that you dont understand what a Canes thing is? Shame, shame, shame.

yes, a lot of us hate her because of what she did to the football program.

just can't Deny the good she did for academics. yes, other ppl "could've" done what she did, but lets face it, she was the ONE that did it.

That being said, am glad she's done cause football is so much better now that she is gone.
Good and bad for academics. While focusing on undergraduate studies and the med school, she let many other graduate programs take a nose dive in the US News rankings. She had tunnel vision.

To vote for her or not? I don’t know. I did hear she was smoking hot back in the day. I think she was a runway model.

The worst part is that she pretended to support the program. There was no reason we couldn't improve academically and medically while still having a dominant football team. In fact, a dominant football team is proven to increase applications which allows more selective admissions.

Coker wasn't her fault. However, Shannon and the lack of financial support for him was her fault. We could have made a much better hire or at least given him more resources. She did neither and it led to a decade of depression. No excuse for Miami to ever be worse than 9-3 regular season with a decent bowl game. That became the peak season under her leadership.

Shapiro gave her the check at a bowling alley and it was captured with a photo. Surprised they didn’t show that cause she had a greedy smile looking down on that check.
Isn't that also the infamous camel toe picture? If they had included that in the ad, repub wins by 20.

Isn't that also the infamous camel toe picture? If they had included that in the ad, repub wins by 20.

Could be. Not sure, but I looked up that photo of her holding that check and that woulda been the shyt had the challenger posted it with that ad he ran.

Could be. Not sure, but I looked up that photo of her holding that check and that woulda been the shyt had the challenger posted it with that ad he ran.
Email the photo to the candidates website, its a classic

The country is a lot more important then football...keep her troll ass away from both!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT