ADVERTISEMENT

Have any of you been race bated?

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I can honestly say it happend to me and my business tonight and trully believe that certain segments of the minority population are reckless and irrisponsible with their voices and are every bit as guilty as the segments of white population that are truly commiting racial atrosity's. ordinarily I wouldn't care because my character speaks for itself but when you care as much about your fellow human beings as I do and have seen fist hand the atrosity's that I have not get the attention that it deserves because so many times it's over shadowed by some many people that just want attention and think they can get and I can honestly say do by throwing the word discrimantion around like candy, it pisses me off.

I own a restaraunt that is fortunit enough to go on wAit every fri and sat night even in the slow season. I have four cooks and room for no more. We are not a big place and these guys are studs but are human beings and can only handle so much. We seat about 100-150 people in about 40 minutes tonight and we make everything from scratch. We only have 4 open tables but i know what's about to hit the kitchen so I tell the two hostesss high school girls mind you to stop seating for 20 min so the kitchen has time to get everything out not only on time but setting the wow factor every plate. Bam there's 100+ plates in the window all coming up at the same time. Cooks kicking butt but If I leAve the window for two seconds everything is going to hell. Keep in mind it's the slow season so I don't schedule someone just for expo but we're slammed even more than normal. Hostess comes up to me and tells me someone wants to speak to me so I say just let them know I'm inindAted and will get to them as soon as I can or take a message. 5 min later she comes up again and says the same people are complaining about discrimination and I say ok let me get this big party's food out and I'll be right there. 5 min passes and a server comes up and say's my hostess are being attacked. I was close enough to being caught up I grab my over achiever busser and say watch the window while I go take care of this. I run over to the hostess stand and see this buligerent couple screaming and throwing their finger in my hostesses faces as they're trying to keep their cool, hats off to my hostesses. I say what is going on here!? The couple one hispanic one black continuing to go off, i say don't talk to my hostesses like that talk to me I'm the manager! They continue yelling and tell me that they have been waiting for 15 minutes looking at an empty table and feel discriminated and that this guy tells me that he use to work for the federal government and is going to file a report. I say you want to to talk to me I'm here are you going to let me explain what's going on? The lady says, what!? I explain the situation and that I told the hostesses to go on wait and exain why, mind you no one is being sat ahead of them and they say that it's not their problem and he's a formal employee of the federal government and he's filing a report. At this point It's just a vandetta with them and I have a whole restaurant to run with a million things going on at a million miles an hour. They say they're leaving as they continue their tyrant and I just say sorry I couldn't help you and get back to coordinating everything.

Like I said this is not the norm with me but I do see this sort of thing happen all over the country all the time and especially on this board and want these reckless race baters to know that not only are they not doing them selves any favors but they're doing humanity in this country a great disservice for the most careless and selfishness of personel agendas. These people should be ashamed of them selves and if they really care about the cause which they seldomly do they should really consider reasearching and productively active where real life actual discriminating atrosity's are taking place and do us all a favor.

Don't work in your industry but common sense says you should have sat them if there was an empty table and they were next in line. That way they could order cocktails and relax and mull over the menu for awhile. You may have been acting 100 % in good faith but customer is always right and if table is empty I say use it. Even if meal is delayed. Also: use spell check.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by 6882:
I can honestly say it happend to me and my business tonight and trully believe that certain segments of the minority population are reckless and irrisponsible with their voices and are every bit as guilty as the segments of white population that are truly commiting racial atrosity's. ordinarily I wouldn't care because my character speaks for itself but when you care as much about your fellow human beings as I do and have seen fist hand the atrosity's that I have not get the attention that it deserves because so many times it's over shadowed by some many people that just want attention and think they can get and I can honestly say do by throwing the word discrimantion around like candy, it pisses me off.

I own a restaraunt that is fortunit enough to go on wAit every fri and sat night even in the slow season. I have four cooks and room for no more. We are not a big place and these guys are studs but are human beings and can only handle so much. We seat about 100-150 people in about 40 minutes tonight and we make everything from scratch. We only have 4 open tables but i know what's about to hit the kitchen so I tell the two hostesss high school girls mind you to stop seating for 20 min so the kitchen has time to get everything out not only on time but setting the wow factor every plate. Bam there's 100+ plates in the window all coming up at the same time. Cooks kicking butt but If I leAve the window for two seconds everything is going to hell. Keep in mind it's the slow season so I don't schedule someone just for expo but we're slammed even more than normal. Hostess comes up to me and tells me someone wants to speak to me so I say just let them know I'm inindAted and will get to them as soon as I can or take a message. 5 min later she comes up again and says the same people are complaining about discrimination and I say ok let me get this big party's food out and I'll be right there. 5 min passes and a server comes up and say's my hostess are being attacked. I was close enough to being caught up I grab my over achiever busser and say watch the window while I go take care of this. I run over to the hostess stand and see this buligerent couple screaming and throwing their finger in my hostesses faces as they're trying to keep their cool, hats off to my hostesses. I say what is going on here!? The couple one hispanic one black continuing to go off, i say don't talk to my hostesses like that talk to me I'm the manager! They continue yelling and tell me that they have been waiting for 15 minutes looking at an empty table and feel discriminated and that this guy tells me that he use to work for the federal government and is going to file a report. I say you want to to talk to me I'm here are you going to let me explain what's going on? The lady says, what!? I explain the situation and that I told the hostesses to go on wait and exain why, mind you no one is being sat ahead of them and they say that it's not their problem and he's a formal employee of the federal government and he's filing a report. At this point It's just a vandetta with them and I have a whole restaurant to run with a million things going on at a million miles an hour. They say they're leaving as they continue their tyrant and I just say sorry I couldn't help you and get back to coordinating everything.

Like I said this is not the norm with me but I do see this sort of thing happen all over the country all the time and especially on this board and want these reckless race baters to know that not only are they not doing them selves any favors but they're doing humanity in this country a great disservice for the most careless and selfishness of personel agendas. These people should be ashamed of them selves and if they really care about the cause which they seldomly do they should really consider reasearching and productively active where real life actual discriminating atrosity's are taking place and do us all a favor.
This is so true and people tend to stay away from the topic for fear of being labeled a racist for pointing out this type of thing.. At least the guy let you know up front that he was not only an asshole but he was also a snitch.

I worked in the industry for a long time. You explain the wait, you offer to seat them, you bring them a drink order and you give them an estimate on how long its going to be.

These people sound as if they acted inappropriately, big time, but its likely a result of treatment they have recieved, I've been on the receiving end of it, hell I have seen servers refuse service b/c they want the people to leave, bring water never get around to taking the order hoping the table would bounce.

FYI its race baiting...and I'm not certain that wasn't the original intent of this thread.

Originally posted by canesreturn:
Don't work in your industry but common sense says you should have sat them if there was an empty table and they were next in line. That way they could order cocktails and relax and mull over the menu for awhile. You may have been acting 100 % in good faith but customer is always right and if table is empty I say use it. Even if meal is delayed. Also: use spell check.

Seriously??

You don't work in the industry but your going to tell a successful businessman how to run his business.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Stumbled across this. I see canes rerun is a total asshole in every single aspect of life.

Sounds to me as though the OP is doing a great job. Keep it up.

Would like to know the restaurant to patronize it if possible.

Some people are just never happy. The customer is always right except when they are wrong. They should have been asked to leave. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT