ADVERTISEMENT

How about a little bipartisan discussion??? (A rant!!)

dorsey2005

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
I live in Charlotte and am on the road a ton making sales calls. Is it me or can people not drive anymore?? I mean when did the left lane become the slow lane? Apparently I didn't get the memo.

So, yesterday I ran out for lunch and was getting into the left turn lane when a guy goes past me and yells "Get off your phone!!". Not only was my phone on the seat, but I wasn't even talking on Bluetooth. WTF??

Then on my way home there is an area where the right lane ends and you need to merge into the left lane to continue straight. A guy flies up in the right lane and I can tell he is going to cut me off. There was little room to do this as there was a car in front of me. So, the car in front of him turns right, which meant he needed to stop. Ultimately he passed me, in the right hand lane, and gave me a thumbs up (literally) to emphasis he got past me. Amazingly he was upset I didn't want to be cut off?? WTF x 2!!

Can we all agree that driving, really knowing the rules of the road, seems to be a lost art?

I live in Charlotte and am on the road a ton making sales calls. Is it me or can people not drive anymore?? I mean when did the left lane become the slow lane? Apparently I didn't get the memo.

So, yesterday I ran out for lunch and was getting into the left turn lane when a guy goes past me and yells "Get off your phone!!". Not only was my phone on the seat, but I wasn't even talking on Bluetooth. WTF??

Then on my way home there is an area where the right lane ends and you need to merge into the left lane to continue straight. A guy flies up in the right lane and I can tell he is going to cut me off. There was little room to do this as there was a car in front of me. So, the car in front of him turns right, which meant he needed to stop. Ultimately he passed me, in the right hand lane, and gave me a thumbs up (literally) to emphasis he got past me. Amazingly he was upset I didn't want to be cut off?? WTF x 2!!

Can we all agree that driving, really knowing the rules of the road, seems to be a lost art?
libs...

Pretty funny. Lol. Needless to say my dream is to have my own driver.

Come on, nobody with a hot looking Vette wants a driver. Just drove from NJ back to South Florida for winter. You are absolutely correct about left lane but it goes deeper. There are some that just don’t move but worse yet some will speed up and slow down to control the lane and not let you by. Don’t know how many times had to move to lanes to right then swing back quickly to pass them.

Come on, nobody with a hot looking Vette wants a driver. Just drove from NJ back to South Florida for winter. You are absolutely correct about left lane but it goes deeper. There are some that just don’t move but worse yet some will speed up and slow down to control the lane and not let you by. Don’t know how many times had to move to lanes to right then swing back quickly to pass them.

I know just what you mean. I said earlier I'd like to have my own driver. But really I'd like to have a first generation hummer with a battering ram (literally a battering ram that looks like a damn ram!) On the front of it so i could move the offenders out of my way at will. I would also need some assurances from law enforcement that there would be no consequences for my actions. Lol.

BTW, I have had that Vette for 5 years and only put a little over 3000 miles on it. Just don't have the time to enjoy it.

Reactions: ZEKEMUG

Even driving up to Orlando for the season opener on the turnpike people in the left lane were ignoring my car's high beams which is universal language for "get the fvck out of my way." We're talking turnpike!!!.......which is supposed to be the most sacred of all highways when it comes to acknowledging the high beams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT