ADVERTISEMENT

Hyenas all knew this thread was coming! This Georgia VOTER LAW will be the spark for National Legislation so say good bye.....

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
to Hyenas having any meaningful power in this country. This is a rock fight and all dems have been put on notice. They will be replaced if they do not do something about this.

A misdemeanor crime to provide food or water waiting in voting lines? WTF does that have to do with voting?

Removing drop boxes in urban areas?

No voting after 5pm? When people get off work?

This is Jim Crow in a suit.

This republican party is a mess! There is nothing more unamerican you can do but make laws harming the AMERICAN peoples right to vote for their leaders. Well, maybe except attack our capital....but I digress.

It is systemic!!!

These laws have nothing to do with actually voting for qualified candidates and more to do with voter suppression. Oh, and don't come here to try to dress this up!

It is total and complete BS! We're NOT HAVING IT!

Last edited:
These Jim Crow laws will only bring more people of color to the polls. This law in Georgia and other places will hasten the browning of the American electorate. Say congrats to Stacey Abrams as the next governor of Georgia in 2022.

to Hyenas having any meaningful power in this country. This is a rock fight and all dems have been put on notice. They will be replaced if they do not do something about this.

A misdemeanor crime to provide food or water waiting in voting lines? WTF does that have to do with voting?

This republican party is a mess! There is nothing more unamerican you can do but make laws harming the AMERICAN peoples right to vote for their leaders. Well, maybe except attack our capital....but I digress.

It is systemic!!!

These laws have nothing to do with actually voting for qualified candidates and more to do with voter suppression. Oh, and don't come here to try to dress this up!

Do you think someone should have an ID to vote CD? Do you think Mail-In votes should be verified by some means of identification?

Do you think someone should have an ID to vote CD? Do you think Mail-In votes should be verified by some means of identification?
You didn't see that on my list because that is debatable. I am fine leaving that to states.

The thing that cost you credibility on that issue are all the other restrictions. That is a tell motive wise.

Do you you think people should stand in line 8 plus hours pandemic or not?

Do you think we should be removing drop boxes in urban areas with that in mind?

Do you think polls should close at 5pm with that in mind?

Do you think food and water being prohibited for people in line 8 hours is acceptable?

This is a rock fight! That's the reason. No reasonable person can in good faith can find this acceptable.

Reactions: gdowning70
You didn't see that on my list because that is debatable. I am fine leaving that to states.

The thing that cost you credibility on that issue are all the other restrictions. That is a tell motive wise.

Do you you think people should stand in line 8 plus hours pandemic or not?

Do you think we should be removing drop boxes in urban areas with that in mind?

Do you think polls should close at 5pm with that in mind?

Do you think food and water being prohibited for people in line 8 hours is acceptable?

This is a rock fight! That's the reason. No reasonable person can in good faith can find this acceptable.
Is that a Yes or a No?

Is that a Yes or a No?
I was pretty clear. I said I didn't care did I not? Let the states decide that particular issue in did I not? Clearly I said for me that's debatable.

The problem is you and people like you hiding behind this to justify all the other crap that is NOT debatable. Crickets!

I was pretty clear. I said I didn't care did I not? Let the states decide that particular issue in did I not? Clearly I said for me that's debatable.

The problem is you and people like you hiding behind this to justify all the other crap that is NOT debatable. Crickets!
So it's a No. Thanks.

Dont live in GA, but read a summary of some of the changes. To compare this to Jim Crow trivializes the experiences of anyone who lived thru that. These laws apply evenly to everyone regardless of race, color or creed. Of course its partisan, that's what politics is nowadays. I dont see anything below that will stop any one group of people from voting while making it easier for another. Voting couldnt possibly be easier.

Changes to Georgia elections

• Absentee ballots will be verified based on driver’s license numbers or other documentation instead of voter signatures.
  • Ballot drop boxes will only be allowed inside early voting locations and available strictly during business hours.
  • Weekend voting will be expanded for general elections, with two mandatory Saturdays offered statewide. Counties could also choose to offer early voting on two optional Sundays.
  • Early voting for runoffs will be reduced to a minimum of one week because runoffs will occur four weeks after general elections.
  • The deadline to request an absentee ballot will be set 11 days before election day.
  • Members of the public will be prohibited from distributing food or water to voters waiting in line. Election workers are allowed to set up self-service water stations for voters in line.
  • The State Election Board could remove county election boards and replace them with an interim elections manager.
  • A hotline to report illegal election activities will be set up in the attorney general’s office.
  • Counties will be required to certify election results within six days, instead of the 10 days currently allowed. Election workers will also be required to count ballots without stopping until they’re finished.
You need to study up because you are either painfully naive or willingly ignorant of what demographics these laws affect and we're the drop boxes and polling places are being removed from.

Reactions: El Cubano

It is systemic!!!

Get use to 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 nothing is changing ...

I guess I missed the wording in the bill where it only applies to one demographic. Voting is as easy as breathing. You barely have to be a sentient creature to do it nowadays. Nothing you are crying about will stop a single person from voting if they want to vote. If anything, if or when the Republicans lose the state they cant cry voter fraud again.
Why would they put that in a bill? You are smarter than that dude lol Any idiot can see the demographic it affects

Dont live in GA, but read a summary of some of the changes. To compare this to Jim Crow trivializes the experiences of anyone who lived thru that. These laws apply evenly to everyone regardless of race, color or creed. Of course its partisan, that's what politics is nowadays. I dont see anything below that will stop any one group of people from voting while making it easier for another. Voting couldnt possibly be easier.

• Absentee ballots will be verified based on driver’s license numbers or other documentation instead of voter signatures.
  • Ballot drop boxes will only be allowed inside early voting locations and available strictly during business hours.
  • Weekend voting will be expanded for general elections, with two mandatory Saturdays offered statewide. Counties could also choose to offer early voting on two optional Sundays.
  • Early voting for runoffs will be reduced to a minimum of one week because runoffs will occur four weeks after general elections.
  • The deadline to request an absentee ballot will be set 11 days before election day.
  • Members of the public will be prohibited from distributing food or water to voters waiting in line. Election workers are allowed to set up self-service water stations for voters in line.
  • The State Election Board could remove county election boards and replace them with an interim elections manager.
  • A hotline to report illegal election activities will be set up in the attorney general’s office.
  • Counties will be required to certify election results within six days, instead of the 10 days currently allowed. Election workers will also be required to count ballots without stopping until they’re finished.

This is really controversial stuff, it makes it harder to cheat, no wonder the democrats don’t like it.

Iowa and Florida have initiated similar legislation. Repubs stacking the deck against minorities and people of color. Georgia's new voting law specifically says they are not required to serve water and snacks when folks are standing for hours. They will purposely streamline the staffing at all polls which undoubtedly will cause long lines. Traditionally African Americans vote on a Sunday. Georgia lawmakers want no voting on Sundays.
Georgia Gov Brian Kemp denies its a Jim Crow approach. Voter suppression is alive and well.
After Warnock & Ossoff won their seats not a word from repubs implying cheating, fraud. Its obvious repubs are under the thumb of the Red Headed Carrot Top, AKA Pumpkin Face. They hope Trump wins it in 2024 and they hope 2024 will be unanimously right wing

About 6 to 10 years ago we had a snowstorm in Utah on an election day. There were waits of 6 to 8 hours in the snow in some places. For some reason there was a good turnout and the good people of Utah did not complain and bitch about it and simply figured it was a small price to pay to take part in an election.

The misinformation machine is churning along strong with this new law. You all have latched on to this food and water thing because your sheep herders have told you to. Here is what it says:

The law, SB 202, states that "[n]o person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector ... on any day in which ballots are being cast."

This means campaigns cant set up BBQs at a voting station and hand out food and water and solicit votes.

The law states that poll workers under the law can still bring water to people in line.

It also states that weekend voting will be expanded for general elections, with two mandatory Saturdays offered statewide. Counties could also choose to offer early voting on two optional Sundays.

To compare this to Jim Crow is an insult to anyone who lived thru that era and trivializes their experiences. This law applies evenly to everyone regardless of color, race or creed.
Please stop with this BS. Jim Crow was BS and people like you were saying the same things about that as well. It's very comparable to Jim Crow. Just an updated version. We know who these unnecessary laws are designed to affect. Don't be ridiculous.

I live in GA. I know first hand what is going on. You know what you are told. I see drop boxes and poll stations removed from urban communities. I see votes in those communities being dismissed.

You are mere defending a party narrative. There is a reason people don't elect republicans and it has nothing to do with food and water handouts in line for 8 hours.

Use your head for more than a hat rack. There should be no need in these communities to be even standing in a line 8 hours to need water. This is about republicans losing votes.

If it weren't they wouldn't make it law to overturn election results. Dems will address this in congress I'm sure.

Please stop with this BS. Jim Crow was BS and people like you were saying the same things about that as well. It's very comparable to Jim Crow. Just an updated version. We know who these unnecessary laws are designed to affect. Don't be ridiculous.

I live in GA. I know first hand what is going on. You know what you are told. I see drop boxes and poll stations removed from urban communities. I see votes in those communities being dismissed.

You are mere defending a party narrative. There is a reason people don't elect republicans and it has nothing to do with food and water handouts in line for 8 hours.

Use your head for more than a hat rack. There should be no need in these communities to be even standing in a line 8 hours to need water. This is about republicans losing votes.

If it weren't they wouldn't make it law to overturn election results. Dems will address this in congress I'm sure.

This might be considered minority privilege.... 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

You obviously don't understand the dynamics of fair elections. Most communities of color consistently have long lines to vote, especially in urban areas, but white communities don't. What is the harm in giving a person water who has been standing in line to vote for 5 hours? Is this the Republican party's way of discouraging people of color from voting? Yes!!

Yes. You already needed an ID to vote in Georgia and mail-in ballots already undergo signature verification.

Reactions: krvanness
You obviously don't understand the dynamics of fair elections. Most communities of color consistently have long lines to vote, especially in urban areas, but white communities don't. What is the harm in giving a person water who has been standing in line to vote for 5 hours? Is this the Republican party's way of discouraging people of color from voting? Yes!!
If that's all it takes to discourage them from voting then they probably shouldn't bother to vote. Many have given their lives so we can enjoy free elections in this country and they're going to bitch about waiting in a line? So glad to live in Utah where voters consider it an honor to vote and not a nuisance. Sounds more like you have a problem with those that are in charge of those urban areas that have consistently long lines to vote in. This is what happens when you keep voting in people that promise to give you free stuff instead of people that know what they're doing.

You need to study up because you are either painfully naive or willingly ignorant of what demographics these laws affect and we're the drop boxes and polling places are being removed from.

Jethro finished his shift as a Soda Jerk and is now the country's premier election law scholar. He may be an astronaut or a Cowboy tomorrow.

What is the harm in doing whatever it takes to get ones vote in on time? Oh maybe mail it a few days early or show up with an ID. Like you need to drive, fly, go to a DNC convention, hunt, fish, etc.

Last edited:

It is systemic!!!

Seriously dude we had been early voting for a month prior to the election and including weekends. This just tells me how f’ing dumb you are to make this argument.

I understand plenty. Just want to confirm that to you, the evil mastermind plan to thwart voting is to stop members of campaigns from handing out water? You understand that people are capable of bringing a bottle of water, also poll workers are still able to provide watering stations. This only stops the soliciting of votes at the polling station, which is completely normal and common practice. So now, a member of X campaign cant stand at the polling station handing out food, water or gifts and say "here you go, remember to vote for X".

On top of the that, there are numerous avenues of voting and plenty of chances to vote. Voting is as easy as possibly could be...anyone who is legally able to vote and wants to, can and will vote next election without any problems.
You're right about one thing... the minority voters in Georgia and elsewhere will surely come out in droves and vote those cheating Republicans out of office. Hello Governor Abrams!

If that's all it takes to discourage them from voting then they probably shouldn't bother to vote. Many have given their lives so we can enjoy free elections in this country and they're going to bitch about waiting in a line? So glad to live in Utah where voters consider it an honor to vote and not a nuisance. Sounds more like you have a problem with those that are in charge of those urban areas that have consistently long lines to vote in. This is what happens when you keep voting in people that promise to give you free stuff instead of people that know what they're doing.
Long voting lines is typically due to lack of funding by elected officials. Hello corrupt Republicans.

Long voting lines is typically due to lack of funding by elected officials. Hello corrupt Republicans.
The elected officials in urban areas with the problems are mostly led by Dems. Hello inept Dems. Utah runs pretty smoothly when there's no big snowstorms on election day.

• Haha
Reactions: mahb and 816_Cane
If that's the will of the people in GA, more power to them. Go get em! I know one thing that wont stop them...these new voting laws. So really we are arguing about nothing.
If Abrams wins, you can be certain Republicans will enact more laws to steal an election. That's the only way they win. Their policies suck and like Trump, their corruption will be exposed.

Reactions: gdowning70
I would never compare Utah's voting process to those where people bitch and complain about doing their patriotic duties. Not all of Utah is rural by the way just like all of Georgia is not in Atlanta.
Looks like I hit a sore spot. Nevertheless, as Utah changes as most of America will, you can expect similar restrictive voting measures in your adopted state. Yes, I still consider you my homeboy from Florida.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Looks like I hit a sore spot. Nevertheless, as Utah changes as most of America will, you can expect similar restrictive voting measures in your adopted state. Yes, I still consider you my homeboy from Florida.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol
Utah is one of the best run states in the country, I sure hope they don't change and start spending more than they take in like those Dem run states do that then expect bailouts for their failed policies. FYI, we will be taking the new 5th wheel on a southern road trip by the middle of April. After a stop in Cullman Al to visit relatives, we will be heading to FL for a week or two. Then it's up to NC and Va to see more relatives and stock up on breakfast sausage before winding our way back to Utah. Hope all is well with you and yours cems.

Utah is one of the best run states in the country, I sure hope they don't change and start spending more than they take in like those Dem run states do that then expect bailouts for their failed policies. FYI, we will be taking the new 5th wheel on a southern road trip by the middle of April. After a stop in Cullman Al to visit relatives, we will be heading to FL for a week or two. Then it's up to NC and Va to see more relatives and stock up on breakfast sausage before winding our way back to Utah. Hope all is well with you and yours cems.
Look me up when you come home. You are a true Southerner when you hunt for sausage. There's a place called Carroll's Sausage and Meats in Ashburn, Georgia. They got some of the best smoked sausages and more. Check them out. It's on I75.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Look me up when you come home. You are a true Southerner when you hunt for sausage. There's a place called Carroll's Sausage and Meats in Ashburn, Georgia. They got some of the best smoked sausages and more. Check them out. It's on I75.
Don't think we'll be going further south than Ft Myers on this trip but you never know. My MIL is in a home there and our niece is in Cape Coral. The sausages I'm after are around the Dunn NC area. They are air-dried and semi air-dried links that are the size of brats and the most flavorful I've ever eaten. We will also load up on some of the fresh patty sausage as well but those must be broken down into smaller packages and frozen before heading home. I do know that Ga also has some great tasting meat products so if I get a chance. I'll check out Carroll's too.

Reactions: cems52
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT