ADVERTISEMENT

I’m offended

Finally, something we can all agree on .. f#%k you Dubai

Never thought about going to Dubai but it seems I may have had a change of heart on

I have been there 3 times and loved it (though never saw sights like these). It looks like Vegas on steroids: many tall skyscrapers for work and for condos; exhuberant, glitzy architecture; over the top hotels, restaurants and shopping malls that make US versions look poverty stricken; one of the best airports in the world with connections covering the globe; stunning cars that shame even Miami and LA.

Will happily return there via the superb Emirates Airlines.

I have been there 3 times and loved it (though never saw sights like these). It looks like Vegas on steroids: many tall skyscrapers for work and for condos; exhuberant, glitzy architecture; over the top hotels, restaurants and shopping malls that make US versions look poverty stricken; one of the best airports in the world with connections covering the globe; stunning cars that shame even Miami and LA.

How long is flight from Miami to Dubai ?

How long is flight from Miami to Dubai ?

Kim,

I live in NorCal and all my flights to Dubai have been from San Francisco. That nonstop flight is 15 hours.

I did a little research and found that there are no current nonstop flights from Miami to Dubai. I don’t know (but do suspect) that this is a result of Covid-related cutbacks in flights worldwide. There are connecting, one stop flights from Miami to Dubai.

Fun place. Dubai attracts tourist from throughout the Middle East due to its great shopping, resorts, restaurants and less restrictive policies (eg alcohol is served in hotels). Tourists from everywhere else are also there either as a destination tourist spot or as part of a layover for flights to Asia, Africa, Europe, etc. Super diverse international crowd. Also, 85% of the residents of Dubai are expats attracted by jobs and zero income tax.

Reactions: kimzkr

Wife’s going over in Oct, her boss designed several of those tallest skyscrapers as well as the World Expo there. I was invited but told her to make it a girls trip instead. Had I’d seen the pictures above I might have chosen differently

Wife’s going over in Oct, her boss designed several of those tallest skyscrapers as well as the World Expo there. I was invited but told her to make it a girls trip instead. Had I’d seen the pictures above I might have chosen differently

Just hope the wife or her boss didn’t see pictures and that’s why their going.

Is that not an Arab country, they are among the phoniest and demented people on the planet. I really like the pic how ever

Last edited:
Reactions: zackbear
Kim,

I live in NorCal and all my flights to Dubai have been from San Francisco. That nonstop flight is 15 hours.

I did a little research and found that there are no current nonstop flights from Miami to Dubai. I don’t know (but do suspect) that this is a result of Covid-related cutbacks in flights worldwide. There are connecting, one stop flights from Miami to Dubai.

Fun place. Dubai attracts tourist from throughout the Middle East due to its great shopping, resorts, restaurants and less restrictive policies (eg alcohol is served in hotels). Tourists from everywhere else are also there either as a destination tourist spot or as part of a layover for flights to Asia, Africa, Europe, etc. Super diverse international crowd. Also, 85% of the residents of Dubai are expats attracted by jobs and zero income tax.

Thank god ur in N. Cal... stay there please...!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BreakingCane
Thank god ur in N. Cal... stay there please...!!!
Thanks El. I will. Proud Boys like yourself are unwelcome in this and many other parts of the country. Better for you to stay in your isolated, marginalized Right Wing bubble.

Thanks El. I will. Proud Boys like yourself are unwelcome in this and many other parts of the country. Better for you to stay in your isolated, marginalized Right Wing bubble.
Throw out a personal attack while doing the same thing as you claim to be against. Do as I say, not as I do. A racist calling others racist!

Throw out a personal attack while doing the same thing as you claim to be against. Do as I say, not as I do. A racist calling others racist!
You are delusional, Breaking. Where is there any reference to racism by El or me in the back and forth between us? We go at it all the time. Try to keep up.

Damn, sometimes this board sucks. From a great start of a thread - great asses, dissolves into a personal pissing contest. I saw thread activity and was hoping to see more offensive butts.

Cashville, if you are still reading your thread, please find more situations that offend you that involve hot naked women and create similar threads.

Then it should be easy for you to prove the racism you allege. Please include direct quotes by me that support your racism charges.

Thanks.
You implied all last week that minorities could not get or did not have IDs

Damn, sometimes this board sucks. From a great start of a thread - great asses, dissolves into a personal pissing contest. I saw thread activity and was hoping to see more offensive butts.

Cashville, if you are still reading your thread, please find more situations that offend you that involve hot naked women and create similar threads.
Same peeps, block em, threads are much better.

You implied all last week that minorities could not get or did not have IDs
Inaccurate. I stated the historic demographic fact that some groups are less likely to vote on a consistent basis:

* poorer people
* younger people
* less well educated people
* racial minorities (eg Blacks and Hispanics)

I then stated that if new voting regulations erect additional barriers or more inconvenient access to voting, those regulations would exacerbate the voting differential between the people mentioned above and other voters, ie

* wealthier people
* older people
* white people
* more well educated people

You somehow interpreted this as “racist.”

Inaccurate. I stated the historic demographic fact that some groups are less likely to vote on a consistent basis:

* poorer people
* younger people
* less well educated people
* racial minorities (eg Blacks and Hispanics)

I then stated that if new voting regulations erect additional barriers or more inconvenient access to voting, those regulations would exacerbate the voting differential between the people mentioned above and other voters, ie

* wealthier people
* older people
* white people
* more well educated people

You somehow interpreted this as “racist.”
Stop your racist nonsense. Look, you don’t understand the GA Voter Law, not knowing the drop box rules and other aspects, which I had to spell out for you, so you need to remove yourself from the discussion here. It’s clearly way over your head.

Stop your racist nonsense. Look, you don’t understand the GA Voter Law, not knowing the drop box rules and other aspects, which I had to spell out for you, so you need to remove yourself from the discussion here. It’s clearly way over your head.
You keep referring to my “racism” but present no quotes or other evidence in support of your allegations. Nothing. Pitiful effort, Breaking.

Perfectly good thread gone to shit. Can’t there just be just a few things that make us say **** it, this is awesome. Jeeze. Some body that knows how to post pics needs to rescue this thread fast because it could die and there’s still potential of this being a good thread.

Reactions: central17
You keep referring to my “racism” but present no quotes or other evidence in support of your allegations. Nothing. Pitiful effort, Breaking.
Sorry, I am no longer speaking to racists.

tenor.gif

Florida baby, the sunshine state and no sanctuary cities by law..!!!
Stand ur ground state always open for business..
So go back into ur safe space or under yr bed...

• Haha
Reactions: BreakingCane
Lisa peju came in today. Hands down one of my favorite vineyards dollar for dollar out of napa today. It’s kinda like a baby jarvis. They do great with chard, cab sauv, cab franc and merlot just like jarvis all big tannic and good acid with balanced fruit. She said they do like 40 different wines that they only open up to club members. I haven’t had any. You? Probably their best stuff.

Lisa peju came in today. Hands down one of my favorite vineyards dollar for dollar out of napa today. It’s kinda like a baby jarvis. They do great with chard, cab sauv, cab franc and merlot just like jarvis all big tannic and good acid with balanced fruit. She said they do like 40 different wines that they only open up to club members. I haven’t had any. You? Probably their best stuff.
POST MORE

No, I haven’t had Peju wines even though I drive by their estate 3 times per week. Sounds fun.

I could use your advice, however, on a mini Chardonnay “crisis” in my house. Turns out our own Chardonnay was very popular this year.....sold it all. My mistake was not to retain a reserve for my wife and I to consume while we wait for our next release in August/September. Every bottle of our Chardonnay from 2008 to the present is gone!

So, we are searching for a 4 month filler Chard to replace our own product. Last week, we took the recommendation of our best local wine store and bought 4 Chardonnays with these characteristics:

*crisp but not flinty, with greater depth than a Chablis or non oaked Napa/Sonoma Chard
*modest butter and oak but much less than a Rombauer
*a wine enjoyable to sip throughout the evening rather than just a cocktail
*a good pairing with roast chicken, lobster or pasta with a lighter, non red sauce
*$40 range

Last week, we tried 2 of the wines. Excellent but too much like a Chablis...not to be sipped over several hours. This week, we are trying 2 more: Walter Hansel (Russian River Valley) and Forman (Napa Valley). Never had either.

Any thoughts or recommendations on other wines to consider.

Thanks very much.

No, I haven’t had Peju wines even though I drive by their estate 3 times per week. Sounds fun.

I could use your advice, however, on a mini Chardonnay “crisis” in my house. Turns out our own Chardonnay was very popular this year.....sold it all. My mistake was not to retain a reserve for my wife and I to consume while we wait for our next release in August/September. Every bottle of our Chardonnay from 2008 to the present is gone!

So, we are searching for a 4 month filler Chard to replace our own product. Last week, we took the recommendation of our best local wine store and bought 4 Chardonnays with these characteristics:

*crisp but not flinty, with greater depth than a Chablis or non oaked Napa/Sonoma Chard
*modest butter and oak but much less than a Rombauer
*a wine enjoyable to sip throughout the evening rather than just a cocktail
*a good pairing with roast chicken, lobster or pasta with a lighter, non red sauce
*$40 range

Last week, we tried 2 of the wines. Excellent but too much like a Chablis...not to be sipped over several hours. This week, we are trying 2 more: Walter Hansel (Russian River Valley) and Forman (Napa Valley). Never had either.

Any thoughts or recommendations on other wines to consider.

Thanks very much.
Hansel estate pinot noir is the bomb digidy and forman is obviously a cab staple. You’re probably in good hands with both chards, lmk. I’ll be intrested to hear what you have to say. When in doubt go any where in pouligny Montrachet burgundy. Doesn’t even have to be prem or grand, anything from this region is good and a very safe bet. Problem with cal chards are you really do have to spend a decent amount to get something that’s exciting.

Lol, btw, it is comedic to me that you produce a very good chard and you don’t have chard in your house. Lol, how is that possible?! You’re chard is as good as anyones. You saw my post!

Last edited:
Hansel estate pinot noir is the bomb digidy and forman is obviously a cab staple. You’re probably in good hands with both chards, lmk. I’ll be intrested to hear what you have to say. When in doubt go any where in pouligny Montrachet burgundy. Doesn’t even have to be prem or grand, anything from this region is good and a very safe bet. Problem with cal chards are you really do have to spend a decent amount to get something that’s exciting.

Lol, btw, it is comedic to me that you produce a very good chard and you don’t have chard in your house. Lol, how is that possible?! You’re chard is as good as anyones. You saw my post!

Thanks. We have no Chard in the house cuz I miscalculated our sales. We sold it all without keeping some behind to drink. We have been drinking our own Chard almost exclusively for 12 years. To my wife’s chagrin, we oversold and underconsumed Chard this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT