ADVERTISEMENT

I want to thank each of you for supporting the State of Illinois fiscal irresponsibility for the past 40 years.

kevinf57

SuperCane
Gold Member
May 13, 2005
Should the Biden $1.9 Trillion relief package pass, Illinois will finally find someone to bailout their legislatures 40+ years of pension irresponsibility. My local PE instructor can rest secure knowing his $180k pension is secure. That the 20k public employees receiving more than $100k in annual pensions are now on the backs of a unknowing US population and not just IL residents. That us private employee peons can work, as will our children well into our seventies to insure IL teachers retire comfortably in their mid fifties.

Many thanks to all and remember; we are all in this together.

No doubt. Sort of like that tax cut windfall Trump gave to millionaires back in 2017. Our debt went to new heights after that tax giveaway.

Reactions: zackbear
Your dementia doesn’t allow you to realize a tax cut and bailout are two different things. Oh my. You radical leftists are all the same
Bailouts happen all the time. It's only a problem when Dems ask for them. Take for example, Texas. Their failed energy policies resulted in lost lives and higher electric bills due to their incompetence and corruption. But yet, their right wing governor was more than happy to take tax payer money and assistance. WTF!!

Bailouts happen all the time. It's only a problem when Dems ask for them. Take for example, Texas. Their failed energy policies resulted in lost lives and higher electric bills due to their incompetence and corruption. But yet, their right wing governor was more than happy to take tax payer money and assistance. WTF!!
I own that ass

S0S.gif

Reactions: vivijane

Bailouts do happen, sometimes way too frequently, but our economic system has been the envy of the world for 300+ years because we allow for failure as well as unlimited success based upon merit not handouts.

I live in Illinois and teacher pensions are killing this state,. I don't think your tax dollars (I assume you don't live in IL) should pay for the inept governance of my state. I would be quite pissed off if I had to pay for your state's pension mess with my Fed Tax dollars.

I don't believe I should pay higher taxes, and as a result have less available to save for my own retirement, forcing me to retire later in life so that a teacher can retire in luxury at 55.

Here is what we pay in Il taxes for comparison.
4.75% State income tax
11% Sales tax
$20k / year in real estate tax for a home that is worth no more than it was 25 years ago when I bought it, and I have no sewer or water- well & septic. Of that $20k only $400 goes to my local village for police & fire, the rest supports a variety of state & local pensions. When I purchased the home I paid $7K in RE taxes.

Bailouts do happen, sometimes way too frequently, but our economic system has been the envy of the world for 300+ years because we allow for failure as well as unlimited success based upon merit not handouts.

I live in Illinois and teacher pensions are killing this state,. I don't think your tax dollars (I assume you don't live in IL) should pay for the inept governance of my state. I would be quite pissed off if I had to pay for your state's pension mess with my Fed Tax dollars.

I don't believe I should pay higher taxes, and as a result have less available to save for my own retirement, forcing me to retire later in life so that a teacher can retire in luxury at 55.

4.75% State income tax
11% Sales tax
$20k / year in real estate tax for a home that is worth no more than it was 25 years ago when I bought it, and I have no sewer or water- well & septic. Of that $20k only $400 goes to my local village for police & fire, the rest supports a variety of state & local pensions. When I purchased the home I paid $7K in RE taxes.

Wow!! You need to move to Florida. Come down and be closer to our Canes. I go to all home games and travel to some. I love this place. Although real estate taxes are high overall this ain't a bad place to live.

Reactions: zackbear
You people are just dumb...our government yes dems and repubs are ****ed up...they don't give a **** about us...they care about themselves...wake up...you guys fighting each other and you keep taking the big schlong up the ass
Your do nothing to make our government better but you suggest we're taking a big schlong up the ass. It sounds like you're the one getting fukked with your inaction.

No doubt. Sort of like that tax cut windfall Trump gave to millionaires back in 2017. Our debt went to new heights after that tax giveaway.

Great, I'm thankful, Cems is not dead , just his ability to reason. Great to have you attempting to function. Love you my brother.

Reactions: CaneBandit
Your do nothing to make our government better but you suggest we're taking a big schlong up the ass. It sounds like you're the one getting fukked with your inaction.
What the **** do you do to help...they have lied to us..gas prices up again..they have told us bullshit since the 80s wake up you clown...you do nothing but spew horseshit

Cemen - why should we pay in the form of a bailout due to their financial mismanagement? Let them get their own self out of trouble. You Libtards just like to give it away. No business sense at all. What is your next reckless spending scheme?

No it didn’t. Actually economic activity soared and record money came into the treasury but you keep being dumb .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the tax cuts genius as revenue was the highest ever. Now try spending by Congress for it is there that you will find your answer Grasshopper

Reactions: grbcane and utatem

4.75% State income tax
11% Sales tax
Move man

Are u fuccking kudding me they ask for them all the time... wtf... give, give, give...
And all u lazy fuccks have ur hand outs...

Reactions: Allied2651
Should the Biden $1.9 Trillion relief package pass, Illinois will finally find someone to bailout their legislatures 40+ years of pension irresponsibility. My local PE instructor can rest secure knowing his $180k pension is secure. That the 20k public employees receiving more than $100k in annual pensions are now on the backs of a unknowing US population and not just IL residents. That us private employee peons can work, as will our children well into our seventies to insure IL teachers retire comfortably in their mid fifties.

Many thanks to all and remember; we are all in this together.

Blue states are the only ones always broke and what the other states to bail them out...

Texas was declared a Federal Disaster Area due to the freak winter storm

Texas was declared a Federal Disaster Area due to the freak winter storm you moron.
That disaster was man made by corrupt Republicans. They were told ten years ago, to winterize their power plants. They did nothing and now that whiny governor has his hand out for another federal bailout. He should refuse the assistance since Texas has refused to be part of a national electric grid to avoid these sorts of disasters. This is another disaster made by right wing extremists.

Are u fuccking kudding me they ask for them all the time... wtf... give, give, give...
And all u lazy fuccks have ur hand outs...
You right wing nutjobs refused to fund northeastern states after Hurricane Sandy. Is it because you only want red states to get fed help? Why?

No it didn’t you bongo. Actually economic activity soared and record money came into the treasury but you keep being dumb .

And you keep ignoring the facts, sir. Our deficit ballooned out of control under that POS ex-president. These are Trump's final contributions to a miserable presidency.

2017 Employed = 145.6 million
2020 Employed = 142.6 million

2017 Deficit = $584 billion
2020 Deficit = $3.3 Trillion

2017 Debt = $19.9 trillion
2020 Debt = $27.7 trillion

Cemen - why should we pay in the form of a bailout due to their financial mismanagement? Let them get their own self out of trouble. You Libtards just like to give it away. No business sense at all. What is your next reckless spending scheme?
So you agree we shouldn't bail out Texas?

What the **** do you do to help...they have lied to us..gas prices up again..they have told us bullshit since the 80s wake up you clown...you do nothing but spew horseshit

Calm the fukk down before you have a heart attack. Gas prices fluctuate all the time. It didn't help with Texas not fully prepared for a little snow which impacted oil production. Stop blaming others when the answer to your problem is in your mirror. Stop voting for racist POS candidates like Trump.

That disaster was man made by corrupt Republicans. They were told ten years ago, to winterize their power plants. They did nothing and now that whiny governor has his hand out for another federal bailout. He should refuse the assistance since Texas has refused to be part of a national electric grid to avoid these sorts of disasters. This is another disaster made by right wing extremists.
So for 10 winters it was fine then the freak hit? Ok Cems

I would love you more if you would get your head out of your azz.

Great point you make there. As I was attempting the removal suggested I came across Ole Joe's mind. Doesn't seem to be functioning, should I just leave it here?

Great point you make there. As I was attempting the removal suggested I came across Ole Joe's mind. Doesn't seem to be functioning, should I just leave it here?
Irwinn, when you come to the Lounge come with your "A" game otherwise GTFOH.

So you agree we shouldn't bail out Texas?
I wouldn't bail anyone out. When Obama bailed out GM, I didn't like it. At the time Ford was doing well. Ford was successfully operating their business. GM was going bankrupt. That same analogy should be used for states that run their state with fiscal responsibility regardless of party. I, as a taxpayer do not want to pay for mismanagement. Also, while GM , Chrysler or Bank Of America, are thought of being too big to be allowed to fail, there will always be up and coming successfully run companies to take their place. I don't want to pay for it.

Reactions: utatem and HJCane
I wouldn't bail anyone out. When Obama bailed out GM, I didn't like it. At the time Ford was doing well. Ford was successfully operating their business. GM was going bankrupt. That same analogy should be used for states that run their state with fiscal responsibility regardless of party. I, as a taxpayer do not want to pay for mismanagement. Also, while GM , Chrysler or Bank Of America, are thought of being too big to be allowed to fail, there will always be up and coming successfully run companies to take their place. I don't want to pay for it.

I happen to agree that bailouts are a terrible idea. Bankruptcy is a very viable tool, and is necessary for consistently eliminating weak or poorly run businesses. That being said, GM, Bank Amer. etc. all paid back what was borrowed and taxpayers actually made a very good return on that. Illinois and these other states aren't paying crap back. Zero!

Irwinn, when you come to the Lounge come with your "A" game otherwise GTFOH.

Have no A game, I'm like the rest of you schmucks. Well maybe I'm somewhat worse. Kind of like Joe.

Ten years ago windmills weren’t a large part of base loaded generation. These plants you speak of were running and hot or what is known as spinning reserve.

Ten years ago windmills weren’t a large part of base loaded generation. These plants you speak of were running and hot or what is known as spinning reserve.
Not sure your point but those plants should have been winterized to avoid these outages. I blame the politicians in Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT