ADVERTISEMENT

If this article is true - Trump is no better than Biden

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...linked-dog-rescue-charity-spent-2m-properties

This may or may not be true, I would have expected more legs for the story if it was truthful. The Huffington Post is biased in their conclusions, but usually pretty accurate in their reporting.
But if this is true then Trump and family are no better than the Bidens. How would Lara be any better than Hunter -using the family name for her own betterment?
There is no room in the Conservative movement for fake charities meant to enrich the Board of Directors. Leave that for Liberal funded frauds like the Lincoln Project.

Last edited:
I would take everything in that article with a grain of salt.

Hope you are right. I will say that the entire Mar-a-Lago situation has left a very bad taste for a lot of reasons among the neighbors on A1A and Palm Beach County in general.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...linked-dog-rescue-charity-spent-2m-properties

This may or may not be true, I would have expected more legs for the story if it was truthful. The Huffington Post is biased in their conclusions, but usually pretty accurate in their reporting.
But if this is true then Trump and family are no better than the Bidens. How would Lara be any better than Hunter -using the family name for her own betterment?
There is no room in the Conservative movement for fake charities meant to enrich the Board of Directors. Leave that for Liberal funded frauds like the Lincoln Project.

Headline grabbing BS. $1.8M spent there over 6 years? That's 300k / year for a single event attended by several 100 women, and raises over $1M each year. High end wine - fashion - and ladies shoes doesn't come cheap.

Anyone that's ever organized a high end fundraiser for a charity would recognize that's very much in-line, and a very good return for the charity. BTW the charity gets high marks for financial transparency.

Headline grabbing BS. $1.8M spent there over 6 years? That's 300k / year for a single event attended by several 100 women, and raises over $1M each year. High end wine - fashion - and ladies shoes doesn't come cheap.

Anyone that's ever organized a high end fundraiser for a charity would recognize that's very much in-line, and a very good return for the charity. BTW the charity gets high marks for financial transparency.

Very useful response. I have been involved in the hosting of many charitable events. The 6 years puts the numbers into perspective. Although a clear donation of the grounds and food/staff etc. might not have been the worst idea? Dog rescue supporters can be very single focused. But I would prefer dog lovers as a republican constituency. They typically don't look for federal handouts and will put their own money where the cause is - unlike wealthy DC theatre goers.
I get very nervous when I see our side potentially doing qestionable thiings. Being less bad is not good enough. Trump's attempt to treat Mar-a-Lago as both his home and business are pushing the boundaries of tax law. As a private citizen, that is fine. But if he wants to be the guiding force and possible Republican nominee, he should really streamline his message and activities. . Yes, the country was in so much better shape with Trump in charge. But optics do matter. Sometimes you can't fight every fight if you want to win the most important one.

Reactions: utatem
Huffington Post ? Get serious.

Common guys (Conservatives) let's be consistent. We can't just unilaterally dismiss the Huffington Post, Yes they have a left tilt but they are currently far more credible than the NYT, WAPO, NBC and CNN. But to not even read and consider their articles makes us look as disinterested in the truth as the 🤡 🤡🤡 show of Raoul, GoKub and Jethro(aka CD) who attempt to dismiss proven facts because they were reported on Fox, London Daily Mail, etc. I want to know the truth and am willing to listen to all sources. I can then make my own decisions.

That's a conservative fraud by conservatives against conservatives. I don't read HuffPost but they claim to be journalist.

What is 100% factual is from the state of New York. https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/201...ed-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

The Trump's have been ripping off thier donors and the American people for years. No room to talk about the Bidens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT