ADVERTISEMENT

Info on myocarditis from a site doctor

Of course not because if you are diagnosed with myocarditis, they will not allow you to play!!! Just like they did not let Chris Bosh play again once he was diagnosed with blood clots. Like Malek Young was not allowed to play again after a neck injury. Like any player thst has a concussion is not allowed in the field or even allowed to practice until they pass concussion protocol which is minimum of 10 days.

But you want them to make an exception for players with myocarditis??? Simply because you believe covid is a hoax??
Dont believe it's a hoax, just that there is mountains of evidence that it does not effect healthy college age students. If we were talking about seniors (the 65+ type) I would not make an outlandish bet like that. However with less than 300 total deaths under 25 nation wide smart money says season will go off without a hitch and certainly not a Covid death.

+1000
Gary is on the side of people being informed
From there I am on the side of people being able to make the best decisions while respecting the decisions of others and not imposing their own opinions on people who think differently
Mutual respect
Masks wearing is imposing an opinion on others very little evidence (if any) they work. Lockdowns are imposing an opinion on somebody else, evidence to the contrary that they work (see CA and NY). Lots of opinions have destroyed many lives and torn the social fabric of our country apart.

...and add another 1600 a day from Cancer. Now we're at 5.300 DAILY non-covid deaths.
Come on... stop trying to make this an apples to apples comparison it’s not. The reason for the shutdown was cuz nobody had a clue what this virus entailed.
If you were being honest, you know damn well that is not a true comparison. Everybody knows the dangers when driving a vehicle and can keep an eye out for those possibilities whil on the road although nothing is guaranteed
the Virus is diff as nobody knows where it is at any time and doctors still don’t have a real grip on the virus or understand it

Every time 2 players collide helmet to helmet, they put themselves at risk. Why would players take that risk? Why does anyone take a risk? I ride a motorcycle. Why do I take that risk? Do you ever take a risk?
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. What I meant was, I don't believe that Miami is or would put athletes at risk and they are in the position to know especially because of the medical school. It was a counter argument to the various theories about myocarditis and other risks.

Reactions: krvanness
Come on... stop trying to make this an apples to apples comparison it’s not. The reason for the shutdown was cuz nobody had a clue what this virus entailed.
If you were being honest, you know damn well that is not a true comparison. Everybody knows the dangers when driving a vehicle and can keep an eye out for those possibilities whil on the road although nothing is guaranteed
the Virus is diff as nobody knows where it is at any time and doctors still don’t have a real grip on the virus or understand it
Nothing is ever guaranteed. But we do now the mortality rate is minuscule and we have flattened the curve. Wasn't that supposed to be good enough? Like driving defensively. Isn't that good enough to drive on the road and minimize your risk of a fatal crash?

Reactions: majus12
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. What I meant was, I don't believe that Miami is or would put athletes at risk and they are in the position to know especially because of the medical school. It was a counter argument to the various theories about myocarditis and other risks.
I did, and you are correct. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: foulkes
I think the question should be does having a season increase or decrease the chances of a player contracting Covid. IMO, it probably decreases it. It certainly does not increase it when you look at the whole picture.

If players are kept in somewhat of a bubble (not like the NBA more like MLB). And they are held accountable to secure their own personal bubble then they are less likely to contract Covid. No player wants to be the one to bring Covid into the locker room and cost the team. This is powerful incentive lost if their is no season.

Then their is benefit of early detection and treatment. If players are tested 3 times a week they can receive immediate care and quarantine IF they contract it.

The only increase in potential exposure is while they are on the field. This is minimal exposure, especially when you consider everyone on the field is first following strict protocols and also tested 3 times a week.

The likelihood one of the players on the field has Covid, WHILE following the protocols, WITHIN the 48 house since their last test AND THEN gives it to another player is very low.

Last edited:
I think the question should be does having a season increase or decrease the chances of a player contracting Covid. IMO, it probably decreases it. It certainly does not increase it when you look at the whole picture.

If players are kept in somewhat of a bubble (not like the NBA more like MLB). And they are held accountable to secure their own personal bubble then they are less likely to contract Covid. No player wants to be the one to bring Covid into the locker room and cost the team. This is powerful incentive lost if their is no season.

Then their is benefit of early detection and treatment. If players are tested 3 times a week they can receive immediate care and quarantine IF they contract it.

The only increase in potential exposure is while they are on the field. This is minimal exposure, especially when you consider everyone on the field is first following strict protocols and also tested 3 times a week.

The likelihood one of the players on the field has Covid, WHILE following the protocols, WITHIN the 48 house since their last test AND THEN gives it to another player is very low.

I agree with your statement above. But the issue is not all schools are taking precautions like Miami. Also, not all schools have the resources and protocols our players are going through. That is the problem. But its good that any player can waiver their right to play and retain scholarship. It is all an experiment. Hopefully we can have a full season. But really no one knows.

Isn’t that why they test? No one is forced to play. Also thank god the Big 10 cancelled. Now those kids are immune and can’t get the virus.
Hoping this is sarcasim, otherwise you and the donkeys that liked your post are ignorant lambs!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Gary.
Since you posted, as an authority why not post CDC’s latest statement that of the 150,000 plus deaths, ONLY, repeat ONLY 9,200 died from Covid 19 solely. (90% were in Nursing homes) people with 1 or more pre existing conditions.
NOT healthy people
More people, children included, have died from NUMEROUS other reasons, including influenza.
Please save your lib mindset for the lounge.
Disapointed in you
sorry NOT sorry

Reactions: jyoho and doerunn
Yeah just what I want to see
Football canceled lmao
Dale you are flat wrong
But football has been either canceled or altered everywhere and we are many months away from out of this
Beginning next Thursday when we open the season with 13000 people in the stadium with different thoughts and fears for their health, this will be a season like no other
So we don’t pick sides
We inform and let everyone formulate whatever opinions they want and give you guys a forum to express them with others

I don’t mean offense. Just the way I see it. I don’t see you posting the articles about the Penn State Dr. clarifying their comments. That’s just my point. You have only posted the side that discusses the dangers and fear of playing a season.

of course you don’t want to see the season cancelled. Your job is surrounding college football. Doesn’t mean the information you have posted hasn’t been one sided. That’s all.

Every time 2 players collide helmet to helmet, they put themselves at risk. Why would players take that risk? Why does anyone take a risk? I ride a motorcycle. Why do I take that risk? Do you ever take a risk?

sitting on the lake at my camp reading “League of Denial”, which chronicles the battle between the NFL and concussions as we speak. It’s a major risk. A much bigger, and more lasting risk than the Corona virus.

sitting on the lake at my camp reading “League of Denial”, which chronicles the battle between the NFL and concussions as we speak. It’s a major risk. A much bigger, and more lasting risk than the Corona virus.
There is a HBO Real Sports, among other documentaries, on the '85 Bears. Granted, there have been many changes for the better in concussion protocols, but it's amazing how that team has been ravaged health wise.

Reactions: utatem
That's the problem here!! It's not what side you are on!!!!! We should all be on the same side of a kid dying just to play football or to p,ease your ass. Even if thst chance of death is 1% or .5%.

Did not see anyone here saying Gary or anyone was on some sort of side when UM said Ahmen Richards or Malek Young could no longer play because of risk of paralysis. Were you and others calling for conspiracy theories and questioning doctors on why????

But you are ok with kids who have been diagnosed with Mycardosis from Covid because you believe it is a political ploy?? Pathetic man!!
Donkey post, bring up Ahman Richards like it h as ANYTHING to do with NOW
52 more months

Not talked about outside of medicine but Covid19 seems to bump patients cardiac enzymes (troponin especially). This is even without history of heart disease. By definition this is a marker for myocardial damage and/or inflammation. We see this commonly with Covid patients admitted to the hospital.

Here's the rub... Myocarditis is a common cause of sudden cardiac death in athletes

In general patients with a diagnosis of myocarditis are usually out of competitive (high intensity) sports for 3-6 months

Covid is such a new issue things are up in the air but if that athlete has markers drawn and are + it's going to be hard to defend playing them

This is a medical/legal mess if an athlete has known Covid and then dies in an around sports activities

Here's a link to the recent guidelines from Europe - published a week ago (see section 5.5.5)
https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/advance-article/doi/10.1093/eurheartj/ehaa605/5898937
- American Heart Association has similar guidelines
Awful just awful

Not talked about outside of medicine but Covid19 seems to bump patients cardiac enzymes (troponin especially). This is even without history of heart disease. By definition this is a marker for myocardial damage and/or inflammation. We see this commonly with Covid patients admitted to the hospital.

Here's the rub... Myocarditis is a common cause of sudden cardiac death in athletes

In general patients with a diagnosis of myocarditis are usually out of competitive (high intensity) sports for 3-6 months

Covid is such a new issue things are up in the air but if that athlete has markers drawn and are + it's going to be hard to defend playing them

This is a medical/legal mess if an athlete has known Covid and then dies in an around sports activities

Here's a link to the recent guidelines from Europe - published a week ago (see section 5.5.5)
https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/advance-article/doi/10.1093/eurheartj/ehaa605/5898937
- American Heart Association has similar guidelines
Had this 8 years ago. Came back from overseas, felt like someone beat me with a bat, got antibiotics and was back to work. 2 days later felt like if was having a heart attack, blood proteins said it also, went up 3 tests in a row. Had a heart cath no damage. I was 48 and in really good shape. Had to take a rigorous pt test, to go back to work, and was cleared to work and pt in 1 week.... dr said i appeared to be having a heart attack but was not acting like it.

What the fck is wrong with you? I'm a conservative/libertarian and not anti-trump. I wasn't making a poltical statement. Thats as many Americans as died in WWII.
You mistook my post foulkes, I was pfffft the projection of 400k deaths by end of year.
We are around 155k now.
I have the same political perspective conservative/libertarian

Last edited:
There has not been enough time to examine long term myocardial issues.That is a fact. Sounds like you are the one who is being political.
We have 19 different strains of covid to study and have studied to know what it does and may do. I always like the phrase appears to cause.

Sorry Gary.
Since you posted, as an authority why not post CDC’s latest statement that of the 150,000 plus deaths, ONLY, repeat ONLY 9,200 died from Covid 19 solely. (90% were in Nursing homes) people with 1 or more pre existing conditions.
NOT healthy people
More people, children included, have died from NUMEROUS other reasons, including influenza.
Please save your lib mindset for the lounge.
Disapointed in you
sorry NOT sorry
Thought the average number of pre existing conditions was 2.7. Also cdc has the odds, of a 16-24 yr old, from dying from covid and with covid at 0.0000044. More likely to die from falling down the stairs or getting struck by lighting.

You mistook my post foulkes, I was pfffft the projection of 400k deaths by end of year.
We are around 155k now.
I have the same political perspective conservative/libertarian
Sorry. I consider you a friend.

Thought the average number of pre existing conditions was 2.7. Also cdc has the odds, of a 16-24 yr old, from dying from covid and with covid at 0.0000044. More likely to die from falling down the stairs or getting struck by lighting.
It's amazing how people either don't understand, or choose to ignore, how infinitesimal 0.0000044 really is.

Bunch of weirdos on here. This is a serious issue. Gary is giving you ingrates information that illustrates the obstacles that college football programs will have to deal with in order to play football this year.

Your political ideology doesn't negate the very real long term side effects of this virus. We all want football, but being willfully obtuse to the dangers of playing in this environment is not going to make the situation go away.
But your ok with the risk of concussions, torn mcl/acl, etc and the long term effects from these injuries. Worth the risk for your enjoyment but not covid that is less likely.

Speak for your self. You know the difference between the restaurants that are taking safe messures and the one’s that aren’t. Going on an airplane and going to the beach. The dems are literally trying to close everything because they think if people are miserable enough they’ll blame trump and vote biden.

You really love putting yourself out there and being wrong. So we've had ~200k deaths from March through August (6 months) and from September through December (4 months) we're going to have another ~200k deaths? When cases (stupid statistic), hospitalizations, and deaths are all trending significantly downwards?

Right now US is averaging ~800 deaths per day. That would have to immediately double tomorrow and stay that way for the next 4 months to be right. Thank goodness you're a writer because you suck at math and critical thinking.

Dang @gferman not looking good for your science based expert prediction you touted that "sums up" the situation. At the time you posted this article the US had about ~200k death. Now ~1 month later the US is at 214k deaths. To hit 410k deaths by the end of the year the US would now need to average 2,419 deaths every single day until the end of the year. Right now we are averaging 700 deaths per day and it continues to decline week over week.

Yikes, chalk that one up as another ridiculous fear-mongering prediction.

Dang @gferman not looking good for your science based expert prediction you touted that "sums up" the situation. At the time you posted this article the US had about ~200k death. Now ~1 month later the US is at 214k deaths. To hit 410k deaths by the end of the year the US would now need to average 2,419 deaths every single day until the end of the year. Right now we are averaging 700 deaths per day and it continues to decline week over week.

Yikes, chalk that one up as another ridiculous fear-mongering prediction.
Gary needs to stick with sports...

Reactions: 816_Cane

Well it's now been 2+ months since Gary nicely summed up coronavirus expectations. At the time the US was at ~200k deaths (early September). As of today, that number stands at 243k deaths. With only ~45 days to go in the year we would have to average 3,700 deaths every single day to hit that number. In the entire year the most deaths ever reported in a single day were 2,700 and the average right now is under 1k per day.

It was an idiotic prediction then and it was even more idiotic to believe that could possibly happen.

Last edited:
Well

Well it's now been 2+ months since Gary nicely summed up coronavirus expectations. At the time the US was at ~200k deaths (early September). As of today, that number stands at 243k deaths. With only ~45 days to go in the year we would have to average 3,700 deaths every single day to hit that number. In the entire year the most deaths ever reported in a single day were 2,700 and the average right now is under 1k per day.

It was an idiotic prediction then and it was even more idiotic to believe that could possibly happen.
Gary runs a great site, love his coverage of the post game pressers, love Canesport Live, and is a very good Sports Journalist. When he puts his MSM hat on, he just steps in it constantly and becomes one of the sheep. That was a stupid and irresponsible prediction.

Reactions: 816_Cane
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD.</p>&mdash; Elon Musk (@elonmusk) <a href="">November 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT