ADVERTISEMENT

It's getting real in Dallas...

jdx2112

SuperCane
Dec 30, 2019
https://www.dallasnews.com/high-sch...020-coronavirus-covid-19-football-volleyball/

In a Thursday interview with MSNBC, Dallas ISD Superintendent Michael Hinojosa caused a stir on Twitter when a quote attributed to him said he was “pretty sure” there would be no high school football in Texas in 2020.

When contacted by The News, Hinojosa said Dallas ISD is grappling with issues related to reopening campuses in Texas’ second-largest school district, but said the UIL will have sports discretion.

“I just said I didn’t see how there is any way we could have football this fall for high school sports..."

Texas HS football is similar to the SEC in terms of the lengths their supporters will go for football. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: bearguys
Texas HS football is similar to the SEC in terms of the lengths their supporters will go for football. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Yeah im not surprised though. Our old superintendent took his vacancy in Atlanta. We couldnt wait to see that lunatic leave. One commonality here is they’re both democrats. Imagine that!

Yeah im not surprised though. Our old superintendent took his vacancy in Atlanta. We couldnt wait to see that lunatic leave. One commonality here is they’re both democrats. Imagine that!
Oh no doubt. Outside of the liberal hubs in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio I have a hard time seeing the rest of that state getting on board. We’ll see.

Oh no doubt. Outside of the liberal hubs in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio I have a hard time seeing the rest of that state getting on board. We’ll see.
I doubt the rural areas would do anything. But those cities, plus el paso, count for a bout 7 million people in Texas. And I wouldn't underestimate the changing demographics of Plano and Richardson.

Reactions: zackbear
I doubt the rural areas would do anything. But those cities, plus el paso, count for a bout 7 million people in Texas. And I wouldn't underestimate the changing demographics of Plano and Richardson.
I used to live in 2 miles south of Richardson in Dallas (just left for St Pete a year ago) and I promise this area is as rock solid Republican as you will find. May be slightly more Hispanic but they are as conservative as it gets. As for football, there are school districts in DFW that have gone bankrupt building HS football stadiums, this sport is religion there, no way they don't play football this year. Couple that with this spike coming and going with a feaction of the fatalities that would have been expected two months ago and it all points to coin flying through the air at the 50 yard line to kick off the 2020 football season.

Reactions: bearguys
I used to live in 2 miles south of Richardson in Dallas (just left for St Pete a year ago) and I promise this area is as rock solid Republican as you will find. May be slightly more Hispanic but they are as conservative as it gets. As for football, there are school districts in DFW that have gone bankrupt building HS football stadiums, this sport is religion there, no way they don't play football this year. Couple that with this spike coming and going with a feaction of the fatalities that would have been expected two months ago and it all points to coin flying through the air at the 50 yard line to kick off the 2020 football season.
I played football in Woodward OK and we played Pampa TX in a scrimmage. We had a great team didnt lose a game that year and they thumped us 20-0. Guys had full beards in 9th grade.

I played football in Woodward OK and we played Pampa TX in a scrimmage. We had a great team didnt lose a game that year and they thumped us 20-0. Guys had full beards in 9th grade.
Steroids baby, like they day don't mess with Texas, especially when it comes to football.

You are probably right but then Pete Sessions losing was a surprise too.

AGREED...

You have towns there where the HIGHEST PAID person is the HS HEAD FOOTBALL COACH...

STADIUMS constructed in the middle of 1A ONE-HORSE towns....

TEXAS HS SCHOOL FOOTBALL...
The BEST HS FACILITIES & COACHING in the COUNTRY...

It is RELIGION...

THEY WILL PLAY...:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT