ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched the first Holyfield/Tyson again

SuperCane
Jan 6, 2003
I had forgotten just how soundly Evander beat Tyson……Buster destroyed him too.
Tyson was overrated. Had he fought in the golden era of that division he would have gotten destroyed.
Norton, Foreman, Holmes, Ali, Shavers, Cooney and even Spinks in his prime - all better.
Forgot about Lewis who Tyson was scared to fight.

Reactions: canam1965
I had forgotten just how soundly Evander beat Tyson……Buster destroyed him too.
Tyson was overrated. Had he fought in the golden era of that division he would have gotten destroyed.
Norton, Foreman, Holmes, Ali, Shavers, Cooney and even Spinks in his prime - all better.
Forgot about Lewis who Tyson was scared to fight.
Tyson had just done 3 years in prison in his prime & fought cupcakes with barely any rounds (all short figghts_ Bruce Seldon, Mathis, Mcneely, where as Evander was fighting WARS in the 90s. Tyson didnt fight from 91 until late 95 I think. U can't lose that much prime and have NO Rounds & fight Evander

Reactions: 6882 and 4210
Tyson had just done 3 years in prison in his prime & fought cupcakes with barely any rounds (all short figghts_ Bruce Seldon, Mathis, Mcneely, where as Evander was fighting WARS in the 90s. Tyson didnt fight from 91 until late 95 I think. U can't lose that much prime and have NO Rounds & fight Evander

Good point but he fought him again and was getting beat again

Reactions: 6882
Good point but he fought him again and was getting beat again
Yeah with no other fights after that. He had 6 rounds total experience from 1991-96 - 6 rounds after Jail. . It was all about $$ but Tyson was nowhere near ready for that. Should have had another 3-4 fights.

Holyfield fought Buster, Bowe 2 times I think, George Foreman, and many others ALL while tyson was in jail

Reactions: 6882 and 4210
Yeah with no other fights after that. He had 6 rounds total experience from 1991-96 - 6 rounds after Jail. . It was all about $$ but Tyson was nowhere near ready for that. Should have had another 3-4 fights.

Holyfield fought Buster, Bowe 2 times I think, George Foreman, and many others ALL while tyson was in jail
Left out lewis. Guy was boring as hell but beat everyone.

Reactions: Dom70
Holyfield was as good as they get and he could take a punch like Ali. Tyson didn’t know what to do because Holyfield just kept coming at him .
I think Holyfield was underrated as a champion , personally I consider him a all time great only fighter to win the heavyweight title 4 times

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT