ADVERTISEMENT

Kaaya wouldn't take Golden Tate's Bet on the ND Game

289fia

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2006
DeLand, FL
Wow .. saw elsewhere that Golden Tate (ND Grad) wanted to place a friendly wager on the game with Brad Kaaya (both on the Lions roster) .. and Kaaya declined saying "I want to see more out of my boys before I commit". Tate then sent a text to The Rock .. and he accepted responding "and don't take the beating personally .. it is all business and the Canes are going to play hard". Pretty weak for a "former Cane" on Kaaya's part.

Wow .. saw elsewhere that Golden Tate (ND Grad) wanted to place a friendly wager on the game with Brad Kaaya (both on the Lions roster) .. and Kaaya declined saying "I want to see more out of my boys before I commit". Tate then sent a text to The Rock .. and he accepted responding "and don't take the beating personally .. it is all business and the Canes are going to play hard". Pretty weak for a "former Cane" on Kaaya's part.
For gods sake don't let @CANESKINGOFCFB and his band of fluffers like @Pjcrews see this. @canerob were in trouble again, the eye liner and hair mousse is going to fly on this one

Reactions: 289fia
And former Lion. Cut bigly.

And former Lion. Cut bigly.

Kaaya IS on the Lions practice squad. Practice squad players get paid $6,300 per week for every week they practice, and he received a signing bonus of $153,000 from the Lions. So he has a good paying job as long as he can hang on the practice squad.

Kaaya IS on the Lions practice squad. Practice squad players get paid $6,300 per week for every week they practice, and he received a signing bonus of $153,000 from the Lions. So he has a good paying job as long as he can hang on the practice squad.
Wrong. He was cut by Lions months ago. Picked up by Panthers then cut again. And cut again by the Lions October 23. Google is your friend.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/brad-kaaya-again-waived-by-the-detroit-lions/

Last edited:
Need to check your facts. Yes he WAS cut by the Lions from the active roster on Oct. 23rd. Then .. on Oct 24th he was signed to THE PRACTICE SQUAD. It is his 4th NFL contract in his brief career.
My understanding is he was NEVER on any active 53 man roster after season started. Cut is cut.

My understanding is he was NEVER on any active 53 man roster after season started. Cut is cut.

He was claimed off waivers from Carolina with a contract as part of the 53 man roster. He was then cut on Oct 23rd to make room for another player they picked up. Immediately following that on Oct 24th he was signed to the practice squad. They just don't "claim guys off waiver" without them being counted. He WAS on the 53 man roster when he was claimed off waiver from the Panthers. Shortly after they needed that roster spot for a guy who would actually see playing time (as opposed to the 3rd string QB) and he was cut from the roster .. and signed to the practice squad. The paper work and roster / practice squad player spots are carefully monitored by the NFL.

Tate’s a kneeler as I recall, part of why I haven’t watche NFL in year and a half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT