ADVERTISEMENT

Life after COVID

clevelandcane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
My wife and I were talking. There isn't a whole bunch we miss that we can't do now. I am in NO WAY saying COVID doesn't suck. It's horrible. We both had it and it took weeks to recover from. I hope this is a once in a lifetime experience that is almost over.

So what do you miss? What did you realize you could do without?

For me...

I miss going to hockey games, dinner, plays... that's about it. I love working from home, and am blessed to be able to do so. I don't miss much else. In fact, lots of times being in public is a pain in the ass as lots of folks out there... are oddballs.

COVID has taught me that I like being at home. I like hanging with my wife and don't need many other folks. My ideal world is to to work from home 5/5 days, go to some hockey games, and maybe a dinner and a play once per quarter. That's about it.

What say you?

My wife and I were talking. There isn't a whole bunch we miss that we can't do now. I am in NO WAY saying COVID doesn't suck. It's horrible. We both had it and it took weeks to recover from. I hope this is a once in a lifetime experience that is almost over.

For me...

I miss going to hockey games, dinner, plays... that's about it. I love working from home, and am blessed to be able to do so. I don't miss much else. In fact, lots of times being in public is a pain in the ass as lots of folks out there... are oddballs.

COVID has taught me that I like being at home. I like hanging with my wife and don't need many other folks. My ideal world is to to work from home 5/5 days, go to some hockey games, and maybe a dinner and a play once per quarter. That's about it.

What say you?

Only thing to learn about Covid is how easy it was for us to lose ur constitutional rights when our own government disregards the holy grail of this country.

How they took us for granted and held us to a different standard from them.. Putting some in jail for fightings for their rights.
Where most of these cases came from the left and their hunger for more Gov. control...

For me...

What say you?

Nah, I miss a lot! Getting together with friends for dinner, cards etc. It has taught me we can get together at each other’s home for a casual dinner rather than an expensive night out. Mostly I miss travel, specifically travel abroad. Hopefully we are good to go for the trip cancelled last year; So of France.

I do like working from home a few days per week. Covid’s also taught me / confirmed I have zero interest in retiring.

Only thing to learn about Covid is how easy it was for us to lose ur constitutional rights when our own government disregards the holy grail of this country.

How they took us for granted and held us to a different standard from them.. Putting some in jail for fightings for their rights.
Where most of these cases came from the left and their hunger for more Gov. control...
Not the point. Don't agree. Wrong thread.

Reactions: Cat.5 Cane
Nah, I miss a lot! Getting together with friends for dinner, cards etc. It has taught me we can get together at each other’s home for a casual dinner rather than an expensive night out. Mostly I miss travel, specifically travel abroad. Hopefully we are good to go for the trip cancelled last year; So of France.

I do like working from home a few days per week. Covid’s also taught me / confirmed I have zero interest in retiring.
Ha ha. You are the opposite of me. 😁

Don’t miss anything. Have been going out, hanging with friends, traveling around the country, and seeing family since last summer.

La Cubana is in a world of his own. No need to bother to make sense of him.

He’s a typical numb nuts part of the blind cult.

Call it what u may, proud to be a Trump loyalist supporter of the party Trump and his policies ..

For me...

What say you?
I have friends who have realized like you that they saved so much money during Covid carving out unnecessary outings. Don't know what they will do with these savings if they are just going to hang out at home?

For me I miss my concerts and music festivals.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Been there it's gorgeous. Hit St. Paul de Vence the Maeght Foundation if you want to see the largest private collection of modern art in the world in a beautiful quaint small town. About 1.5 hour drive due North from Nice.

Reactions: kevinf57
Been there it's gorgeous. Hit St. Paul de Vence the Maeght Foundation if you want to see the largest private collection of modern art in the world in a beautiful quaint small town. About 1.5 hour drive due North from Nice.
Also Matisse Museum and Picasso Museum in Antibes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT