ADVERTISEMENT

Making a Murderer

I think the exboy friend has something to do with it, he looked real suspect on the stand
I watched the shows with my wife and she had the same thought.

I also thought that the older Dassey kid and that Tadych guy (who were both out hunting at the time of the murder) were two folks who should have been scrutinised. This sounds bad but they just seemed like ne'r do wells.

Two more comments:
1) the whole town has horrific haircuts, and
2) I can't believe the level of intelligence, or lack thereof, shown. Scary.

Reactions: biggee04
I have done outside reading as well. The story that 'law enforcement' told you on TV was a complete fabrication. The whole story was a complete fabrication. All of the evidence seems planted.

If there is other evidence that you are aware of send a link. Is it a secret?

Are you involved in law enforcement in any way? Family connections or anything else?

Where is the blood? How come only Avery's DNA was on the key?

I tend to

Yes, my brother is a DA. He's read through the transcripts of the case and reviewed a lot of the evidence. Most of which was not shown in the documentary.

Most likely, he killed her somewhere else then, brought her back to his place to burn her body. That accounts for the lack of blood.

As for the key, do you think this is CSI or something? It's practically a miracle when any DNA evidence can be found at all. It is no surprise at all that they only found his DNA on the key.

Yes, my brother is a DA. He's read through the transcripts of the case and reviewed a lot of the evidence. Most of which was not shown in the documentary.

Most likely, he killed her somewhere else then, brought her back to his place to burn her body. That accounts for the lack of blood.

As for the key, do you think this is CSI or something? It's practically a miracle when any DNA evidence can be found at all. It is no surprise at all that they only found his DNA on the key.

Skibby, do you think Brendan Dassey should be in prison today?

Skibby, do you think Brendan Dassey should be in prison today?

Do I think he was involved? Yes.

Should he have been tried as a mentally handicapped person? Probably.

Should he be in a mental institution or some other form of alternate detention center? Yes.

Should he be in an adult prison? No.

The standard of reasonable doubt is difficult--it does not mean "no doubt", if it did, no one would ever be convicted. It means would a reasonable person viewing the evidence conclude that the accused is ALMOST certainly guilty. You will always have a doubt--RFK was killed on TV in front of dozens of people, and you still have doubt out there about Sirhan's guilt. And the only other thing that is an actual fact about this case--a proven fact--is that the documentary was totally slanted to favor the defense. Period. Did the cops plant evidence? That would be an opinion. As would the rest of the discussion here, but it is not an opinion that the documentary was slanted. And one last thing--no way do cops and prosecutors get along, they don't generally socialize. Cops and attorneys do not get along, period.

Do I think he was involved? Yes.

Should he have been tried as a mentally handicapped person? Probably.

Should he be in a mental institution or some other form of alternate detention center? Yes.

Should he be in an adult prison? No.

So, if you think he should be in prison you are saying he lied in his statement. Because you said they clearly didn't do it at the trailer which is what he said in his statement.

It's nonsense. Doesn't make any sense. That poor kid was coerced to say those things, and it resulted in at least 1 perso and probably two sitting in prison.

Have any of you listened to the Podcast Serial?

It is about a young Pakistani-American kid that has been in jail for about 16 years for the murder of his former girlfriend.

It is very interesting.

DA's do not care if they get the right person. The just want convictions. They do not care if they convict the person who committed the crime or not.

If any DNA was found on the key it should have been her DNA, not Avery's.

Cops have planted evidences thousands of times.Many thousands.

DA's also stick up for each other.

As for the lack of Blood. The police said Avery slit her throat in the house with the Dassey kid, who HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THIS CRIME.

You are so far off.

So, if you think he should be in prison you are saying he lied in his statement. Because you said they clearly didn't do it at the trailer which is what he said in his statement.

It's nonsense. Doesn't make any sense. That poor kid was coerced to say those things, and it resulted in at least 1 perso and probably two sitting in prison.

The kid made multiple statements. Most of which was not included in the documentary. They were able to corroborate lots of pieces from his various statements.

DA's do not care if they get the right person. The just want convictions. They do not care if they convict the person who committed the crime or not.

If any DNA was found on the key it should have been her DNA, not Avery's.

Cops have planted evidences thousands of times.Many thousands.

DA's also stick up for each other.

As for the lack of Blood. The police said Avery slit her throat in the house with the Dassey kid, who HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THIS CRIME.

You are so far off.

You couldn't be more wrong. More often than not, it's the DA's that are ensuring defendants get a fair trial.

In this particular case, the DA was a scum bag who made many errors that should have resulted in Avery getting a new trial. But, none of that has any bearing on his guilt. He is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The kid made multiple statements. Most of which was not included in the documentary. They were able to corroborate lots of pieces from his various statements.

Skibby, no offense, but I don't believe for a second you have some information from your brother who's a DA in Ga. Maybe your brother is a DA in GA, but what DA is spending his time reading 10 year old case transcripts and relaying the information to his brother? I think you are getting you information from the exact same sources I am ( the documentary and the Internet) and trying to act like you know more than you do.

If I am wrong, please tell me the statements he made that lead to his and his uncles conviction? Because he was convicted based on his confession that was bullshit. Not some statement you CLAIM he made.

Here's what I really struggled with. The kid was allowed to be interviewed by the detectives without his attorney present. For that, the judge dismissed Len for breach of his duty to his client. How do you then use the testimony from that interview to convict the kid? On those grounds alone he should be granted a new trial. The poor kid never had a chance.

Reactions: clevelandcane
Skibby, no offense, but I don't believe for a second you have some information from your brother who's a DA in Ga. Maybe your brother is a DA in GA, but what DA is spending his time reading 10 year old case transcripts and relaying the information to his brother? I think you are getting you information from the exact same sources I am ( the documentary and the Internet) and trying to act like you know more than you do.

If I am wrong, please tell me the statements he made that lead to his and his uncles conviction? Because he was convicted based on his confession that was bullshit. Not some statement you CLAIM he made.

My brother is a curious guy. He loves reading about this type of stuff on his free time.

The most frustrating dude was Dassey's original, court appointed lawyer. I believe his name was Kucharsky. That dude was just begging to be punched.

He was actually working against his client. What kind of idiot lawyer allows his 65 IQ, 16 year old, to be interviewed ALONE by the cops. Heck, his own investigator was trying to coerce a statement from Dassey.

To me, that sounds like a dude who should be disbarred.

Just stop. Whomever told you there's a bunch of damming evidence we didn't see is full of shit. I've spent hours looking at everything. There's a bunch of lies Ken Kratz is going around pushing.

The theory of the crime presented to the jury was that she was shot and dismembered in the garage. You and your DA brother can kindly STFU with other scenarios.

Example of lies: Here's an interview with Ken Kratz and he tells numerous lies. Lets focus on his claims about Dassey clarifying that cutting her throat was just a scratch in the 3 1/2 hour interview :
http://www.cbs58.com/story/30892429/kratz-said-he-wasnt-asked-to-participate-in-avery-documentary

Powerful stuff.......if it were remotely accurate. Here's Ken Kratz describing the Dassey confession to the media days after it was taken:

Starts around the 2:18 mark

"Cuts Teresa Halbach's throat, but she still doesn't die"

He's own words after viewing the entire 3 1/2 confession. See if Kratz had seen MaM he would realize they show police getting Dassey to change his story in a later interrogation ok'd by his lawyer.

They had already searched and found no physical evidence to back it up. Why? Because the kid was guessing until they finally just told him.

Kratz is now going around pointing to Avery's non-blood DNA being on a hood latch as proof Dassey was there. Unfortunately for Mr. Kratz we can view the entire 3 1/2 hour confession. Here's the exchange about the hood latch:
(F&W are the cops, B is Brendan Dassey)
F: OK, what else did he do, he did somethin' else, you need to tell us what he did, after that car is parked there. It's extremely important. (pause) Before you guys leave that car.
B: The he left the gun in the car.
F: That's not what I'm thinkin' about. He did something to that car. He took the plates and he, I believe he did something else in that car. (pause).
B: I don't know.
F: OK. Did he, did he, did he go and look at the engine, did he raise the hood at all or anything like that? To do something to the car?
B: Yeah.
F: What was that? (pause)
W: What did he do, Brendan?
W: It's OK, what did he do?
F: What did he do under the hood, if that's what he did? (pause)
B: I don't know what he did, but I know he went under.
F: He did raise the hood? (Brendan nods "yes") You remember that?
B: Yeah.

A 17 year old was sent to prison for most of his life for no other reason than to plant more evidence. Nothing but his laughable confession ties him to the crime.

The most frustrating dude was Dassey's original, court appointed lawyer. I believe his name was Kucharsky. That dude was just begging to be punched.

He was actually working against his client. What kind of idiot lawyer allows his 65 IQ, 16 year old, to be interviewed ALONE by the cops. Heck, his own investigator was trying to coerce a statement from Dassey.

To me, that sounds like a dude who should be disbarred.

They were working with the DA to bolster the Avery case. The kid was just a pawn. Sad.

Reactions: clevelandcane
LOL...you guys are ridiculous. The fact you actually believe the cops, took Avery's sweat and planted it on the key then, planted the key. Then, planted his sweat under the hood of her car. Then, stole his blood from a vial and either removed the DHT or got the FBI to lie about their tests. Then, planted the blood in her car. Then, planted her car on his junk yard. Then, planted her bones in his burn pit. Then, planted a bloody bullet fragment in his garage. Is absolutely insane. Are you listening to yourselves?

Reactions: Hurricane AL
LOL...you guys are ridiculous. The fact you actually believe the cops, took Avery's sweat and planted it on the key then, planted the key. Then, planted his sweat under the hood of her car. Then, stole his blood from a vial and either removed the DHT or got the FBI to lie about their tests. Then, planted the blood in her car. Then, planted her car on his junk yard. Then, planted her bones in his burn pit. Then, planted a bloody bullet fragment in his garage. Is absolutely insane. Are you listening to yourselves?
Have to agree.

What are people's thoughts on the verdicts?

The law says that you must convict on a basis of "beyond reasonable doubt".

I think there is an exceptional amount of reasonable doubt, and I personally don't think he committed the crime either. I'm curious to see what others think.
Listen to the rebuttal, its a lot more evidence that was not included, now I don't know if it's fact but after listening to that evidence my opinion has changed

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT