ADVERTISEMENT

My Dad is White and My Mom is Black

I was pretty excited we got one of the best DL in the country in the 7th round like we got a steel. Then I saw the video and knew exactly what was going to happen and why every other team past on him over other guys not as talented. Can any of you name a single player we took in the first 6 rounds? Nope, but you not only all know about this guy but you're all talking about him. Why, because not only is he gay but he just caused the biggest seen in the nfl draft and he just got to st louis! Face it, this guy is a distraction that teams didn't want. As it is already we've had murders, drug dealers, robbers, etc on our team and now we have the question around every corner what's the gay guy going to do and right when you want to say just let the freaking guy do his job he does something he knew would cause a scene. As good as this guy may be he is not worth the drama. Park the drama which I'm not so sure he's capable of and produce and no one has an issue.

I am straight and I am proud!

BTW .....Sam is gay and proud.....but I dont want to see it on ESPN. If I wanted all that I would watch MTV, Lifetime or some other channel.

His being gay is between him, his family and God. Not my business. So please quit trying to make it my business. Or atleast tell me that they are going to smooch so I can turn the channel.

ESPN is really the problem. They want to push the envelop and get ratings. I am f-ing donw with ESPN unless the Canes are playing.

Originally posted by honeyiv:
Originally posted by Beatles_1:

Originally posted by sabrose:
Michael Sam is an idiot. Acting like a flaming fool cost him big time in the draft. So he flaunts his gayness on national TV and no one has a right to be offended. If I was an NFL player free agent I wouldnt want to be part of the circus this guy is going to create. On false word from a player and the lawsuits or suspensions start coming. Don Jones just got suspended from the Dolphins for tweeting comments of how awful Sam was . Our society is crumbling . I am concerned about major societal pushback towards the gays .People are losing their jobs if they criticize gay marriage. Soldiers are being drummed out of the military for exercising their religious beliefs that teach homos are sinful.
Explain how him "acting like a flaming fool" cost him at the draft when he was a projected late round to undrafted player prior to his announcement and that is exactly how he ended up.
Beatles. You wrong. This kid is a good football player. And if he had only kept his dick in his pants instead of spouting off, he'd be a top 50 pick.
He is a good football player, but you are wrong. Literally no one projected him to be a Top 50 pick at any point. He is undersized for DL, and too slow for OLB and he was drafted accordingly.

Michael Sam is an idiot. Acting like a flaming fool cost him big time in the draft. So he flaunts his gayness on national TV and no one has a right to be offended. If I was an NFL player free agent I wouldnt want to be part of the circus this guy is going to create. On false word from a player and the lawsuits or suspensions start coming. Don Jones just got suspended from the Dolphins for tweeting comments of how awful Sam was . Our society is crumbling . I am concerned about major societal pushback towards the gays .People are losing their jobs if they criticize gay marriage. Soldiers are being drummed out of the military for exercising their religious beliefs that teach homos are sinful.
Explain how him "acting like a flaming fool" cost him at the draft when he was a projected late round to undrafted player prior to his announcement and that is exactly how he ended up.
Beatles. You wrong. This kid is a good football player. And if he had only kept his dick in his pants instead of spouting off, he'd be a top 50 pick.
He is a good football player, but you are wrong. Literally no one projected him to be a Top 50 pick at any point. He is undersized for DL, and too slow for OLB and he was drafted accordingly.
Well then we can disagree.

He is a good football player who will be in the NFL for 10+ years.

I just didn't approve of the antics.

Well then we can disagree.

He is a good football player who will be in the NFL for 10+ years.

I just didn't approve of the antics.
I think he can be a productive NFL player as well.

Sam and his partner have a legal right to kiss in public in an attempt to advance gay rights, the question is whether in doing so they alienated supporters or fence sitters like me. Some of us do not object to a gay male who appears straight but cringe at a flamboyant effeminate male. It seems to me that in attempting to make a breakthrough in the most conservative professional sport gradualism and common sense should have prevailed over the in your face approach, even if the kiss was merely celebratory. After all, he has not yet made a roster.

Originally posted by cdwright40:

Originally posted by cdwright40:

Respect to you OP...but when I saw this thread title I thought of that dude Cliven Bundy starting a sentence "let me tell you something about the negro". I knew this wasn't going to go well....lol.

I have no problem with this dude. I am happy for him but I understand why people wouldn't want him making out on TV with his boyfriend too. I really don't like seeing two straight people putting on a spectacle. I don't really care to see him make a point. WE ALL GET IT. The dude is Gay. Good for him....but all of us aren't Gay. I don' t have a problem with him being Gay at all. I grew up in a very tolerant area of the country.

All I ask is not to be the spectacle on my sports shows. Don't make yourself the main topic when really it is a non issue for me.

It turned from looking to see who my favorite team was drafting to check out the dudes making out. Ummm, not why we tune in. BTW I would say the same thing if it were a man and women doing it. NOt why I tuned in.
Excellent. Very well written.

But I still hate you CD.
It's okay. A lot of people hate me yet amazingly I have managed not to give a shit...lol
JOKING!
It's all good! Can never tell with some of the sarcasm you guys post with. I don't have any hate for anyone here.

Correct. He isn't really big enough or have the frame for a DE and is too slow for an OLB. He isn't that strong as he was last or next to last in the weight lifting at the combine and his vertical leap was weak too. He is an Eric Kumerow type who put up about 75% of his stats in three games against bad teams. Worth a shot from the fifth round down but no way was he a top 50 pick before or after coming out.

Originally posted by ElijahGreen25:
Being gay is a choice.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
So then why don't ppl choose to be normal?
I think it has taken man many a year to establish surviving societies; some as we see, still can't seem to get themselves on to the next step; the histories of all of these societies have seen many mountains and valleys; most of those valleys were caused by behavior; people have chosen to behave in many negative ways throughout history; I mean why do people commit crimes; if you are meaning that "why do people choose not to be normal", as being "why do they behave in ways that cause harm to themselves and others", that is who we are

people are "abnormal" every day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT