ADVERTISEMENT

My prospective as a 2 time Trump voter. A little bit of my truth

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Maybe I felt the need to write this for myself sort of a deep clean if you will.
I remember driving from Chicago to South Bend, Indiana with my then 26 year old son to watch Miami play Notre Dame. At that time the polls had Hillary winning a landslide. As we drove thru the heart of Gary, Indiana I looked at my son and said Trump is going to win. He told me I was nuts and asked me why. I said "look around you these are all boarded up manufacturing factories." As far as the eye could see were abandoned factories. Sad really and I was right, he won with those very voters. Throughout his Presidency Trump did speak truth to many issues that have plagued and harmed our country for decades. Many of which swept under the rug by Congress and Presidents for decades. China ripping us off, NAFTA costing us manufacturing and jobs shipped overseas, Border Security and a broken immigration system, allies taking advantage of the US taxpayer, red tape throughout government that bogged down efficiencies, a corporate tax rate not competitive with other countries acting as an incentive to incorporate outside the USA, bad deals with Iran, countries not paying their fair share of UN dues or Nato promises, US military protecting other countries for essentially free. Many of these (there are more of course) can not be argued as they are all very true and no one can tell me otherwise.
Then throughout his 4 years the DC network did everything possible to go after him. I won't get into those details because they are not the point of my post. We all know what transpired for 4+ years. I am sure Trump was frustrated and angry the entire time.
The post is about Trump and how he responded to this. His economy was booming and all sectors were doing well by nearly every matrix.
But Trump continued to make enemies, continued to make it all about him, continued to embellish and exaggerate, continued to play right into the hands of his opponents. He couldn't help himself. He would skirt the edges of acceptable Presidential behavior thinking he was smarter then everyone else.
As with all first time Presidents there is a growing curve to learn how to be the President. I don't feel Trump ever grew into a President. I never liked the Twitter business it's not Presidential. I suppose it could be but not for a guy like him. Some of his attacks like those on McCain were repulsive. It's one thing to go after a Senator n policy but not on his POW time in Vietnam. Trump would repeat this mistake time and time again across both sides of the aisle.
Then came COVID-19. This pandemic allowed for ZERO errors! No one could stop people from getting sick nor dying but the communication to the citizens and the game plan had to be perfect. I often ask my family if it would have killed him to jerk out a tear on TV about Covid? His administration actually did some good things with attacking this unexpected virus but his daily 5:00 briefings he made about him. He pretended to be a scientist, pretended to be a doctor, attacked his team routinely, and fed the citizens BS nearly daily. We aren't stupid and any President that thinks so is dead in the water.
Capping it off was the election. It's true that certain States cut corners using Covid as their excuse. Not debatable. In the end they got him. Yet once again Trump did not act Presidential, thought himself almighty, communicated horribly, sent out a messages that inflamed the situation. So in the end 4 years later Trump allowed all the people who went after him to be proven right. To me, that's just dumb and so egotistical I barely have words for what happened at our Capital last week. It was disgusting to me and anyone in America,.

Maybe I felt the need to write this for myself sort of a deep clean if you will.
I remember driving from Chicago to South Bend, Indiana with my then 26 year old son to watch Miami play Notre Dame. At that time the polls had Hillary winning a landslide. As we drove thru the heart of Gary, Indiana I looked at my son and said Trump is going to win. He told me I was nuts and asked me why. I said "look around you these are all boarded up manufacturing factories." As far as the eye could see were abandoned factories. Sad really and I was right, he won with those very voters. Throughout his Presidency Trump did speak truth to many issues that have plagued and harmed our country for decades. Many of which swept under the rug by Congress and Presidents for decades. China ripping us off, NAFTA costing us manufacturing and jobs shipped overseas, Border Security and a broken immigration system, allies taking advantage of the US taxpayer, red tape throughout government that bogged down efficiencies, a corporate tax rate not competitive with other countries acting as an incentive to incorporate outside the USA, bad deals with Iran, countries not paying their fair share of UN dues or Nato promises, US military protecting other countries for essentially free. Many of these (there are more of course) can not be argued as they are all very true and no one can tell me otherwise.
Then throughout his 4 years the DC network did everything possible to go after him. I won't get into those details because they are not the point of my post. We all know what transpired for 4+ years. I am sure Trump was frustrated and angry the entire time.
The post is about Trump and how he responded to this. His economy was booming and all sectors were doing well by nearly every matrix.
But Trump continued to make enemies, continued to make it all about him, continued to embellish and exaggerate, continued to play right into the hands of his opponents. He couldn't help himself. He would skirt the edges of acceptable Presidential behavior thinking he was smarter then everyone else.
As with all first time Presidents there is a growing curve to learn how to be the President. I don't feel Trump ever grew into a President. I never liked the Twitter business it's not Presidential. I suppose it could be but not for a guy like him. Some of his attacks like those on McCain were repulsive. It's one thing to go after a Senator n policy but not on his POW time in Vietnam. Trump would repeat this mistake time and time again across both sides of the aisle.
Then came COVID-19. This pandemic allowed for ZERO errors! No one could stop people from getting sick nor dying but the communication to the citizens and the game plan had to be perfect. I often ask my family if it would have killed him to jerk out a tear on TV about Covid? His administration actually did some good things with attacking this unexpected virus but his daily 5:00 briefings he made about him. He pretended to be a scientist, pretended to be a doctor, attacked his team routinely, and fed the citizens BS nearly daily. We aren't stupid and any President that thinks so is dead in the water.
Capping it off was the election. It's true that certain States cut corners using Covid as their excuse. Not debatable. In the end they got him. Yet once again Trump did not act Presidential, thought himself almighty, communicated horribly, sent out a messages that inflamed the situation. So in the end 4 years later Trump allowed all the people who went after him to be proven right. To me, that's just dumb and so egotistical I barely have words for what happened at our Capital last week. It was disgusting to me and anyone in America,.
Your opinion is respected. God Bless America

Reactions: zackbear and HJCane
That's an honest take on Trump that quite a few conservatives are adopting right now.

Many are coming to grips with the fact that the person who claimed to care about the little guy and in the process would bring back manufacturing jobs, was in reality a dishonest person who would tell them what they wanted to hear so they would vote for him, then once in office, do whatever he wanted.

That's an honest take on Trump that quite a few conservatives are adopting right now.

Many are coming to grips with the fact that the person who claimed to care about the little guy and in the process would bring back manufacturing jobs, was in reality a dishonest person who would tell them what they wanted to hear so they would vote for him, then once in office, do whatever he wanted.
Raoul let’s not argue again please. Much of what he said he did do or tried to do but rather read the rest . The time for policy arguments has ended. Now it is your parties turn and I will be equal in my perspective on what they try to do or actually accomplish

I never post in the lounge because I feel my entertainment, the Miami Hurricanes athletics, is separate from politics.

I hear what you’re saying. This will be VERY unpopular, but you failed to address the very thing in your cleansing that is what’s wrong in my country today: Racism! That is the thing that Donald Trump has heightened and is being ignored by so many.

Look, I’m like many Americans, a mixed breed of black, white, Spanish, etc. In my 49 years on this planet (50 in 2 weeks), I have never experienced such blatant divide and racism. For those who do not address what role Donald Trump has played in it, it’s just an excuse to make yourself feel better about your choice of economy over mankind.

I got cut the other day. My blood was red. Same as anyone reading this post.

Anyone who is a fan of Donald Trump, it’s okay for you to say and think he is racist and inciting the divide. It’s also okay to say, “I don’t understand what it’s like to feel like a victim of prejudice, simply by being in a grocery store.”. I (and most others) do not fault you for that. But ignoring or even making excuses?

Yes, I vote Democrat. But I would vote Republican in the right person for president was put in front of me. My beliefs are my beliefs, not a representation of a political party. I have guns. I want to protect my family. I believe in a woman’s right to choose. As long as it’a before a certain pregnancy week. I thought Reagan was great! I thought Bill and Obama were great! All that to say, I’m not a sour Democrat BECAUSE Donald Trump is Republican. I’m a sour human because Donald Trump is who he is.

I apologize and do not mean for this to be personal. Just the thought of one of the 330M Americans.

I never post in the lounge because I feel my entertainment, the Miami Hurricanes athletics, is separate from politics.

I hear what you’re saying. This will be VERY unpopular, but you failed to address the very thing in your cleansing that is what’s wrong in my country today: Racism! That is the thing that Donald Trump has heightened and is being ignored by so many.

Look, I’m like many Americans, a mixed breed of black, white, Spanish, etc. In my 49 years on this planet (50 in 2 weeks), I have never experienced such blatant divide and racism. For those who do not address what role Donald Trump has played in it, it’s just an excuse to make yourself feel better about your choice of economy over mankind.

Anyone who is a fan of Donald Trump, it’s okay for you to say and think he is racist and inciting the divide. It’s also okay to say, “I don’t understand what it’s like to feel like a victim of prejudice, simply by being in a grocery store.”. I (and most others) do not fault you for that. But ignoring or even making excuses?

Yes, I vote Democrat. But I would vote Republican in the right person for president was put in front of me. My beliefs are my beliefs, not a representation of a political party. I have guns. I want to protect my family. I believe in a woman’s right to choose. As long as it’a before a certain pregnancy week. I thought Reagan was great! I thought Bill and Obama were great! All that to say, I’m not a sour Democrat BECAUSE Donald Trump is Republican. I’m a sour human because Donald Trump is who he is.

I apologize and do not mean for this to be personal. Just the thought of one of the 330M Americans.
1000%

Trump is 74 and has been in the spotlight for 40 years. If anyone has somewhat followed him he’s been an absolute narcissistic lying, cheat’n swindling con man his entire life. Period

Nothing he has done or said the past four or five years has shocked me.

Republican or Democrat doesn’t matter he’s just a straight up piece of sht.

Trump is 74 and has been in the spotlight for 40 years. If anyone has somewhat followed him he’s been an absolute narcissistic lying, cheat’n swindling con man his entire life. Period

Nothing he has done or said the past four or five years has shocked me.

Republican or Democrat doesn’t matter he’s just a straight up piece of sht.
That’s what I’m saying...he’s been a narcissist/jackazz/racist/fuk boy for YEARS! THIS is not new and has followed him as he switched parties umpteen times!

I don't agree he is racist. I think that was played very well by the MSM to the point people actually believe it. You're entitled to that feeling though. As for racism itself I detest it however no legislation or administration will cure that nor make it go away. I'm a Jew people will still hate Jews whether Biden is President or Trump or Ronald McDonald. People will have their feelings about latins, blacks, whites, asians, muslims. On and on and on. Does it suck? Yes it sucks. Not Trumps fault it was here long before him and will be long after he is gone. Not just America by the way. Racism is everywhere.

I don't agree he is racist. I think that was played very well by the MSM to the point people actually believe it. You're entitled to that feeling though. As for racism itself I detest it however no legislation or administration will cure that nor make it go away. I'm a Jew people will still hate Jews whether Biden is President or Trump or Ronald McDonald. People will have their feelings about latins, blacks, whites, asians, muslims. On and on and on. Does it suck? Yes it sucks. Not Trumps fault it was here long before him and will be long after he is gone. Not just America by the way. Racism is everywhere.
Bruh, he’s a text book racist...I guess you need to hear or see him call someone an n-word on tv or something to fully believe/admit it! I assume you’re an OG and have been on earth for awhile, if so, deep down, you know the vibes when it comes to DT(waaaaay too many examples)his dumbazz even got up in a debate and looked around the room saying “I don’t even know who all is in here but I know that I’m the least racist person here”

He isn’t racist? Okay. I guarantee nothing I say will change your perspective if you haven’t come to that conclusion yet.

I will say; however, that I love people until they give me a reason not to. I don’t love or dislike because of race, party, religion, sexual orientation, etc. The last 4 years have shown that “It’s not just okay, but celebrated” when you love/hate publicly based on those things. Coincidence?

And for anyone who says it was always there.....cool! Not my point. If you have to ask what my point is, you’ll never understand.

My own perspective is any decent person will understand the things going on since the election results just could never be supported in a country like America. It's just not who we are. To support this is to support fascism.

This isn't a time for me to say I told you so. I think for me it illustrates that people in this country have a real real fear of others and put too high a premium on money and power. This even at the expense of our democracy.... we have people willing to overlook any and everything regarding Trump.

This is a very serious issue. Man makes the money. Money doesn't make the man.

HJ, I can’t speak for all black ppl/African Americans but I have a feeling that most of our faces scrounged up when DT got up in a rally and said “look at my African American” while referencing a brutha who was in the audience! What kind of condescending bullshyt is THAT? Also, there have been black ppl in the GOP as long as I can remember....I don’t recall seeing ppl with Blacks for Reagan, Blacks for Bush, Blacks for McCain, Blacks for Romney etc signs strategically placed behind them as they spoke at rallies....everyone knows they’re black already!!

BTW, in no way shape or form do I think you’re racist bro-you’re a diehard Miami Hurricanes fan and this program has fielded a roster full of black players for decades...but I do think you were willing to overlook DT being one and felt that holding your nose to vote for him suited your personal interest better than holding your nose and voting for HC or JB

HJ,

Appreciate your sincere, reflective comments in this thread.

Looking at the many photos and videos of the violence inside the Capitol, did you (as a Jew) see:

* the guy wearing the “Camp Auschwitz” tshirt?
* another proudly parading the Confederate Battle Flag?
* the many QAnon shirts?
* members of the Proud Boys?
* guy with plastic ties for restraining people?

These extreme acolytes of DJT mean nothing but harm for Jews, Blacks and all other racial minorities. Trump gives them permission to display and now act on their hatred of “the Other.”

He isn’t racist? Okay. I guarantee nothing I say will change your perspective if you haven’t come to that conclusion yet.

I will say; however, that I love people until they give me a reason not to. I don’t love or dislike because of race, party, religion, sexual orientation, etc. The last 4 years have shown that “It’s not just okay, but celebrated” when you love/hate publicly based on those things. Coincidence?

And for anyone who says it was always there.....cool! Not my point. If you have to ask what my point is, you’ll never understand.
I understand it perfectly well. Some people in every corner of the earth have hate in their hearts for other people. It's really that simple. It was there before Trump it will be there after Trump. I don't like it any more then you do.

HJ,

Appreciate your sincere, reflective comments in this thread.

Looking at the many photos and videos of the violence inside the Capitol, did you (as a Jew) see:

* the guy wearing the “Camp Auschwitz” tshirt?
* another proudly parading the Confederate Battle Flag?
* the many QAnon shirts?
* members of the Proud Boys?
* guy with plastic ties for restraining people?

These extreme acolytes of DJT mean nothing but harm for Jews, Blacks and all other racial minorities. Trump gives them permission to display and now act on their hatred of “the Other.”
I did. I found it repulsive. I don't think Trump gave any one permission. These are scum fringe elements it's not new and it's not limited to any particular party affiliation. It sucks for sure.

I understand it perfectly well. Some people in every corner of the earth have hate in their hearts for other people. It's really that simple. It was there before Trump it will be there after Trump. I don't like it any more then you do.

You are correct. As the melting pot of the world, the US is especially vulnerable to racism. What we don’t do well enough (especially our politicians) is to remind everyone we all left other countries to find peace and prosperity in a new land That provides equal opportunity to all. We cloud that concept by trying to legislate equality, rather than punishing those individuals and institutions that are the bad actors.

No you don’t. Please do not act like reading something online or in the newspaper or seeing something on TV is the same as experiencing racism from an African American perspective. Do not do that! And based on your comments, don’t “I don’t like it anymore than you do” to me, because you do by turning a blind eye for your own feel-good perspective. I’m mot saying you’re racist, but acceptance by ignorance is just as bad.

No you don’t. Please do not act like reading something online or in the newspaper or seeing something on TV is the same as experiencing racism from an African American perspective. Do not do that! And based on your comments, don’t “I don’t like it anymore than you do” to me, because you do by turning a blind eye for your own feel-good perspective. I’m mot saying you’re racist, but acceptance by ignorance is just as bad.
Dude you must be 1 special special dick. You think after 59 years alive in this country I need to read about or watch racism on F'ing TV? Are you out of your F'ing mind? It;'s people like you who are a part of the problem. I grew up in Miami in the 1960's where Jews and Blacks couldn't join clubs, blacks weren't bussed into my elementary school till 4th grade, were called either Colored people or Negroes. You gonna tell me this BS? Lets see my wifes a 2nd generation holocaust survivor and my sons 3rd generation . Get the F outta here with your utter nonsense. And 1 more thing Virgicad racism is not exclusive to Black people.

Reactions: mahb and lysmaryj
HJ, I can’t speak for all black ppl/African Americans but I have a feeling that most of our faces scrounged up when DT got up in a rally and said “look at my African American” while referencing a brutha who was in the audience! What kind of condescending bullshyt is THAT? Also, there have been black ppl in the GOP as long as I can remember....I don’t recall seeing ppl with Blacks for Reagan, Blacks for Bush, Blacks for McCain, Blacks for Romney etc signs strategically placed behind them as they spoke at rallies....everyone knows they’re black already!!

BTW, in no way shape or form do I think you’re racist bro-you’re a diehard Miami Hurricanes fan and this program has fielded a roster full of black players for decades...but I do think you were willing to overlook DT being one and felt that holding your nose to vote for him suited your personal interest better than holding your nose and voting for HC or JB
I campaigned for Jed. Organized for Flake. Lobbied for Priebus to be RNC Chair. Voted for Bush 42.
I’m Black.

I’ve watched the vast majority of Trump’s speeches including his first in the 2016 campaign.

bitherism
Xenophobia
Antisemtism

Unquestionable.

Dude you must be 1 special special dick. You think after 59 years alive in this country I need to read about or watch racism on F'ing TV? Are you out of your F'ing mind? It;'s people like you who are a part of the problem. I grew up in Miami in the 1960's where Jews and Blacks couldn't join clubs, blacks weren't bussed into my elementary school till 4th grade, were called either Colored people or Negroes. You gonna tell me this BS? Lets see my wifes a 2nd generation holocaust survivor and my sons 3rd generation . Get the F outta here with your utter nonsense. And 1 more thing Virgicad racism is not exclusive to Black people.
I agree with SOME of your post.

I can tell you’re angry, but lighten up, Francis! Since you’re 59, show some respect and maturity.

Special? Absolutely since I’m one of God’s children. More special than you or anyone else? Nope! A dick? Personal opinions, but mine is that I think not!

I’ll never, NEVER know what it’s like to be downstream from a Holocaust victim or survivor. I can try my hardest, but unless I walk in you or any of your brother’s or sister’s shoes, I can’t. Well,Angry HJ, neither can you.

I’m a good person. My children are good! My sons get all A’s in High/Middle school. My daughters are successful moms and youngest daughter in pediatric nursing school. But we have barriers that we have to overcome that others don’t. Here’s the difference: I don’t blame the privileged for being privileged. It’s not their fault AND I control me, not them.

So finally, me “being part of the problem”? I’m confident enough to say that I’m clearly not. I’m actually a GREAT citizen and person.

But keep your opinion of me. That’s who you are.

Last edited:
I agree with SOME of your post.

I can tell you’re angry, but lighten up, Francis! Since you’re 59, show some respect and maturity.

Special? Absolutely since I’m one of God’s children. More special than you or anyone else? Nope! A dick? Personal opinions, but mine is that I think not!

I’ll never, NEVER know what it’s like to be downstream from a Holocaust victim or survivor. I can try my hardest, but unless I walk in you or any of your brother’s or sister’s shoes, I can’t. Well,Angry HJ, neither can you.

I’m a good person. My children are good! My sons get all A’s in High/Middle school. My daughters are successful moms and youngest daughter in pediatric nursing school. But we have barriers that we have to overcome that others don’t. Here’s the difference: I don’t blame the privileged for being privileged. It’s not their fault AND I control me, not them.

So finally, me “being part of the problem”? I’m confident enough to say that I’m clearly not. I’m actually a REAT citizen and person.

But keep your opinion of me. That’s who you are.
I have no opinion of you don't know you but you hurled accusations. I know very well about racism and anti semitism.

I campaigned for Jed. Organized for Flake. Lobbied for Priebus to be RNC Chair. Voted for Bush 42.
I’m Black.

I’ve watched the vast majority of Trump’s speeches including his first in the 2016 campaign.

bitherism
Xenophobia
Antisemtism

Unquestionable.
You picked some real winners brother LOL

• Haha
Reactions: mahb
You picked some real winners brother LOL
Jeb was his 2000 run, not his L against Walkin Lawton who I worked for. I didn’t support Lawton’s Vice and flipped. Reince and I are and we’re close friends and moved up in the Student Bar together ultimately I seceded him after being his right hand for two years, gave him and emeritus role in my admin. I’m exMormon, love Flakes political ideology, we did a program in Scottsdale for black/POC attorney pipeline and he lent his support, so we repaid the honor.

Reactions: zackbear
I did. I found it repulsive. I don't think Trump gave any one permission. These are scum fringe elements it's not new and it's not limited to any particular party affiliation. It sucks for sure.

HJ,

With respect, the violence of the ultra right is historically much worse for Jews than the craziness of Libtards. You express some balance and evenness in your evaluation of the two.

The risk to Jews and racial minorities is not close between the two. Please reconsider your evaluation.

Peace.

Reactions: zackbear
Good post HJ. I will say this. If we lived back in the day when all we had was Cronkite for 30 minutes, Ann Bishop/Glen Rinker at 11, and The Miami Herald and other print media, Trump would be judged by results. Social Media has transformed our Culture and is a Cancer for impressionable young people. But the genie is out of the bottle and there's no going back.

Reactions: mahb and 4210
HJ,

With respect, the violence of the ultra right is historically much worse for Jews than the craziness of Libtards. You express some balance and evenness in your evaluation of the two.

The risk to Jews and racial minorities is not close between the two. Please reconsider your evaluation.

Peace.

Widely condemned as antisemitic this quote lead to a reprimand for Omar.

"What I’m fearful of — because Rashida [Tlaib] and I are Muslim — that a lot of our Jewish colleagues, a lot of our constituents, a lot of our allies, go to thinking that everything we say about Israel to be anti-Semitic because we are Muslim. And so to me, it’s something that becomes designed to end the debate because you get in this space of — yes, I know what intolerance looks like and I’m sensitive when someone says, “The words you used, Ilhan, are resemblance [sic] of intolerance.” And I am cautious of that and I feel pained by that.

But it’s almost as if, every single time we say something regardless of what it is we say that is supposed to be about foreign policy or engagement or advocacy about ending oppression or the freeing of every human life and wanting dignity, we get to be labeled something, and that ends the discussion. Because we end up defending that and nobody ever gets to have the broader debate of what is happening with Palestine. So for me, I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country. And I want to ask, why is it okay for me to talk about the influence of the NRA, of fossil fuel industries, or Big Pharma, and not talk about a powerful lobby?"

And 45 quotes.
“Even if you don’t like me … you’re going to be my biggest supporters because you’re going to be out of business in about 15 minutes if [the Democrats] get it.”

“A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all.”

stated that some Jewish people in America “don’t love Israel enough”.

These quotes, which similarly imply a monolith and not even limited to political clout were largely ignored even though more frequent and over a longer period of time.

Of Jews who vote Democratic “disloyal to Jewish people … and very disloyal to Israel”.

He also said Jewish Democrats show “either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty”.

referred to Israel as “your country”.

referred to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu as “your prime minister”.

Reactions: Virgicad
Good post HJ. I will say this. If we lived back in the day when all we had was Cronkite for 30 minutes, Ann Bishop/Glen Rinker at 11, and The Miami Herald and other print media, Trump would be judged by results. Social Media has transformed our Culture and is a Cancer for impressionable young people. But the genie is out of the bottle and there's no going back.
This back in the day you’re referring to, is this when America was great?🧐 I never got clarity on the time period that MAGA refers to..

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecane1979
DROP DEAD!! YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT PENCE SHOULD HAVE BANGED THAT GAVEL DOWN AND ANNOUNCED TRUMP AS PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 4YEARS!!!!

Reactions: doerunn
I was feeling your post until you said, "states cut corners using Covid as their excuse". Not sure what specifically are you talking about? States did what their laws allowed them to do. The bottom line is Biden had more voters support him than Trump.

I was feeling your post until you said, "states cut corners using Covid as their excuse". Not sure what specifically are you talking about? States did what their laws allowed them to do. The bottom line is Biden had more voters support him than Trump.
Fake votes don't count Cems

I really think you should watch reporting by Cronkite and Bishop. Bishop was a gay rights glass ceiling destroyer, a feminist without fear who demanded a seat at the anchor chair not based on her looks. She mentored the mentor of a friend of mine, Dwight Lauderdale (Calvin and I are friends).

I'm not saying you are being intentional but what you are not doing is accurately reflecting who these newspeople were and what they represented. They would be aghast at Trump's dismissal of actual journalism, Trump has been quoted as saying he undermines the media so that the won't be believed when they are saying something critical. "“And he said: ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.’”

Maybe review Cronkite's quotes on Nixon and Watergate, his coverage of the DNC and the police incursion, his coverage of Vietnam.

"If in the search of our conscience we find a new dedication to the American concepts that brook no political, sectional, religious or racial divisions, then maybe it may yet be possible to say that John Fitzgerald Kennedy did not die in vain.''

The only difference was that folks were not being influenced by people who were not accountable to fact, folks understood editorial to be editorial and not news, performance to be performed. Buckley and Baldwin weren't journalists and everyone knew that, however they were committed to facts. Ta-Nehesi and Dowd exist today but folks are more interested in Hannity and Thomm Hartman and therein lies the problem.

"It is said that the human mind has a greater capacity for remembering the pleasant than the unpleasant." Walter Cronkite

If Trump were judged by results in the tradition of Cronkite and Bishop as journalist I'd be good with that too, there are journalist now who operate in that tradition.

Trump clearly has personality issues. But his policies strengthened America., lowered unemployment for all groups, New peace treaties in the Middle East, Much better health care for Veterans .The building of a wall with Mexico was started and Immigration law was better observed reducing illegal intrusion by non citizens. He helped reduce regulation in Operation Warp speed that will help lower virus morbidity and deaths in the coming months
Trump was dangerous to DC, He could not be bought with Chinese money like Pelosi, Feinstein, Swallwell McConnell ,Biden and Clintons .But those who let their misplaced hatred for the man approve fascist policies hurt themselves and everyone else in this country. The nation is a tinderbox now. It will not be business as usual and the Democrats think they have a mandate to govern. They do not. Trump just went over 50 percent approval several days AFTER Jan 6.
I fear great violence in the coming months .People just don't realize the anger out there.

Trump clearly has personality issues. But his policies strengthened America. It can be argued that by not participating in the climate accord, destabilizing the international agreement for Nukes with Iran, impugning the G6, pulling money from WHO and demeaning democratic European nations, supporting questionable dictators in Poland and Phillipines, and raising the profile of N. Korea he was detrimental to the US and its allies in NATO. He certainly ceded a good deal of "soft power". If not power in the absolute.

lowered unemployment for all groups, for the sake of argument, assuming you mean pre Covid, his percentage of lowering unemployment was less than his predecessor and appears to be a continuation rather than a reversal. See the raw or scaled numbers for 44 to illustrate.

New peace treaties in the Middle East. Yes between non-hostile nations who have a common enemy but better than nothing. That being said, he allowed the restoration of a despot in Syria, undermined our strongest military ally in the region by betraying the Kurds who then lost much of their native land in the border of Turkey (Trump's ally), did not punish Saudi dictator Muslim terrorist for the murder of an American Nationilst.

Much better health care for Veterans. No facts to the counter, great job from what I hear and that makes up for a lot to me as Vets are everything.

The building of a wall with Mexico was started. Waste of money, he rebuilt fencing in most places.

and Immigration law was better observed reducing illegal intrusion by non citizens. Factually untrue, Obama deported more. Most illegal immigration is by plane, he did nothing to stop it. Makes sense, his wife overstayed her Visa initially and she got status that wasn't afforded to her by virtue of crafty lawyering.

He helped reduce regulation in Operation Warp speed that will help lower virus morbidity and deaths in the coming months. Vaccines produced internationally were done so at the same rate. The first vaccine approved in the US was done by a company with zero input from the US and/or its regs. He blew the rollout of administration of the vaccine. he failed to follow basic advice of the experts running his Operation Warp speed and 250k Americans have died since he rejected the advice, over 370k dead total.

Trump was dangerous to DC. Substitute the world and I agree.

He could not be bought with Chinese money like Pelosi, Feinstein, Swallwell McConnell ,Biden and Clintons . Who has done more business with China personally? Who's kid got approval from the Chinese government in the last 4 years.

I fear great violence in the coming months.
Me too.

People just don't realize the anger out there. I do, may I recommend some books you may otherwise not read. Its always good to get different perspectives, its why I read Bongino and Coulter though I think they are not great thinkers.[/QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken. Every time he spoke, he played into the hands of his opponents with his egotistical tough guy bull shit. His bull through a china shop approach in draining the swamp was counterproductive. Guy literally pissed off everyone that he needed to help him. You can’t drain the swamp by your self.

The only way to change the ****ed up situation in dc was to change it from with in and he never got “in”. It was always him vs everyone else. How do you expect to get anything done long term like that? Guy could have been a great second term pres but his ego took priority over everything. I get that you want to surround your self with ppl you can trust but in dc you can’t trust anyone anyways. Just imagine how things would have played out differently if he’d put rino romney on his staff when he had the chance for example. Politics aren’t a two party system and there’s a lot of ways that he could have gotten more done if he fought the war on the swamp instead of every single little battle in the swamp.

Now we have harris as our next pres so where did his approach ultimately land him? Even when I think of his kids futures in politics, there is no future. No one wants to listen to their potential leader blow off steam and brag about their accomplishments every time they’re in the spot light.

Last edited:
Jeb was his 2000 run, not his L against Walkin Lawton who I worked for. I didn’t support Lawton’s Vice and flipped. Reince and I are and we’re close friends and moved up in the Student Bar together ultimately I seceded him after being his right hand for two years, gave him and emeritus role in my admin. I’m exMormon, love Flakes political ideology, we did a program in Scottsdale for black/POC attorney pipeline and he lent his support, so we repaid the honor.
Lawton Chiles the hurricane response did him in. I thought Jeb was a very good Governor.

HJ,

Peace.
You are asking me to judge these fringe elements as if it were a contest. Which girl is the ugliest? I don't have to do that nor should you, they both suck. No winners.

They circumvented their Legislators to usher in mass mailing system of voting. In short changing the way the State conducted voting just a few months prior to the election. Doesn't really matter now does it Cems?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT