ADVERTISEMENT

Nat'l Archive Task Force Structural Racism recommendations BLOW YOUR MINDS!

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
NEWS

National Archives’ task force cites Rotunda as example of ‘structural racism’

By Houston Keene, Fox News
June 27, 2021 | 1:46pm | Updated
Enlarge Image
Guards stand next to the US Constitution in the Rotunda of the National Archives in Washington.

The National Archives Rotunda Rotunda houses the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
AP
The National Archives’ task force on racism claimed in a little-noticed report to the US’s top librarian that the Archives’ own Rotunda – which houses the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights – is an example of “structural racism” and that the Founding Fathers and other White, historically impactful Americans are portrayed too positively.
The report was completed in April and released this month but has so far flown under the media radar. The task force claims that structural racism “unequivocally impacts” how National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) employees interact with each other, customers and the historical records themselves.
Some examples of “structural racism” were provided in the summary of the report, including “legacy descriptions that use racial slurs and harmful language to describe BIPOC communities,” which includes actual racial slurs alongside terms such as “elderly,” “handicapped” and “illegal alien.”
Additionally, the report categorized the National Archives’ Rotunda as another example of “structural racism” as it “lauds wealthy White men in the nation’s founding while marginalizing BIPOC [Black, Indigenous and other People of Color], women, and other communities.”
The task force suggests ways to “reimagine the Rotunda,” including staging “dance or performance art in the space that invites dialogue about the ways that the United States has mythologized the founding era.”
The task force suggested staging “dance or performance art in the [Rotunda] that invites dialogue.”
Alamy Stock Photo
The report also called for “trigger warnings” to be put in place with historical content to “forewarn audiences of content that may cause intense physiological and psychological symptoms.”
“Providing an advisory notice to users gives us an opportunity to mitigate harm and contextualize the records,” the report reads. “It creates a space to share with the public our ultimate goals for reparative description, demonstrate our commitment to the process, and address any barriers that we may face in achieving these goals (i.e., the size and scope of the Catalog and the ever-evolving knowledge we gain regarding what is harmful).”
The task force’s report also calls for a change to language on OurDocuments.gov — a website on American “milestone documents” such as the Constitution and Declaration of Independence — to be less celebratory of historically impactful Americans, such as former President Thomas Jefferson.
The National Archives’ task force suggested a website on American “milestone documents” be less celebratory of historically impactful Americans like Thomas Jefferson.
Getty Images
“OurDocuments.gov features transcripts and historical context of ‘100 milestone documents of American history’ but often uses adulatory and excessive language to document the historical contributions of White, wealthy men,” the report reads before taking aim at Jefferson.
“For example, a search of Thomas Jefferson in OurDocuments.gov brings up 24 results. He is described in this sample lesson plan as a ‘visionary’ who took ‘vigorous action’ to strengthen the ‘will of the nation to expand westward,’” the report continues.
“The plan does not mention that his policy of westward expansion forced Native Americans off their ancestral land, encouraged ongoing colonial violence, and laid the groundwork for further atrocities like the Trail of Tears,” it added.
The task force’s reports stated the Rotunda “lauds wealthy White men in the nation’s founding while marginalizing BIPOC [Black, Indigenous and other People of Color], women, and other communities.”
Alamy Stock Photo
Additionally, the report calls for “the creation of safe spaces in every NARA facility” and says NARA has “a responsibility to eliminate racist language in archival descriptions and revise the policies and practices that led to it.”
The task force said that “racist language” includes “not only explicitly harmful terms, such as racial slurs, but also information that implies and reinforces damaging stereotypes of BIPOC individuals and communities while valorizing and protecting White people,” the report reads. “Descriptive terminology cannot be divorced from its context.

"Reimagine the Rotunda" where our Constitution and Declaration of Independence is displayed with singing, dancing and performance art.
The report also called for “trigger warnings” to be put in place with historical content to “forewarn audiences of content that may cause intense physiological and psychological symptoms.”
And the usual Safe Spaces of course.

This country is turning into a sack of puzzies.
I do NOT believe a majority of Americans agree with this crap.

Stop calling people who don't agree with you this name. They are the opposite. The bottom line is every person has a voice. If they don't adopt who your idea of the founding fathers are so be it.

Stop calling people who don't agree with you this name. They are the opposite. The bottom line is every person has a voice. If they don't adopt who your idea of the founding fathers are so be it.
CD there is no adopting history. The History of America is not that old. We are a mere 244 years old. That is young by many countries. This isn't Israel or Iraq or Turkey / Greece dating back thousands of years. Our history and how are country came to be in existence is well documented. It's not an opinion it is a set of facts. Indisputable facts. Now I understand there are people who would like to add a bit more of the ugliness that was happening during those times and a bit more teaching of what happened to the Native American populations when the early settlers arrived. I don't think many smart people object to tailoring history class curriculum to be a bit more graphic and detailed about those portions of our history but the founding of our country and how it came to be, who participated, the issues that had to ironed out, the writers / authors, none of that can deviate because it's fact and well documented. And it was shear brilliance.

Can't and wouldn't want to change or glorious history. Greatest country on earth. If the snowflakes don't like it, don't impress your will on the rest of us.

Reactions: orly 1022 and mahb
CD there is no adopting history. The History of America is not that old. We are a mere 244 years old. That is young by many countries. This isn't Israel or Iraq or Turkey / Greece dating back thousands of years. Our history and how are country came to be in existence is well documented. It's not an opinion it is a set of facts. Indisputable facts. Now I understand there are people who would like to add a bit more of the ugliness that was happening during those times and a bit more teaching of what happened to the Native American populations when the early settlers arrived. I don't think many smart people object to tailoring history class curriculum to be a bit more graphic and detailed about those portions of our history but the founding of our country and how it came to be, who participated, the issues that had to ironed out, the writers / authors, none of that can deviate because it's fact and well documented. And it was shear brilliance.
We agree about FACTS but that doesn't really support what you are saying. FACTS suggest that "America" and it's founders doesn't represent everyone here paying taxes. That's not my opinion. That is fact. So, if those people do not consider this country representing them then they have the right to determine who our founding fathers are and even if they support the idea of America. It's a sound argument.

Columbus was a horrible person. He came to this country raped women and enslaved people. Just like the other people who colonized it that people do NOT want taught in our schools. You want to live a lie....not FACTS!

I am not saying all was bad and horrible. There were many great things and great inventions.....but that doesn't mean you should expect everyone to have this white washed view of the origins of this country. I am aware of how young the country is. I am also very much aware how it was built on the institution of slavery and independence from a king.

We agree about FACTS but that doesn't really support what you are saying. FACTS suggest that "America" and it's founders doesn't represent everyone here paying taxes. That's not my opinion. That is fact. So, if those people do not consider this country representing them then they have the right to determine who our founding fathers are and even if they support the idea of America. It's a sound argument.

Columbus was a horrible person. He came to this country raped women and enslaved people. Just like the other people who colonized it that people do NOT want taught in our schools. You want to live a lie....not FACTS!

I am not saying all was bad and horrible. There were many great things and great inventions.....but that doesn't mean you should expect everyone to have this white washed view of the origins of this country. I am aware of how young the country is. I am also very much aware how it was built on the institution of slavery and independence from a king.
Bla,bla,bla...bla,bla. Name a better country than the U.S. and tell us why? What country is more perfect in your mind?

Oh brother............All was bad we had to fight a War called the Revolutionary War. That wasn't pleasant.

Absolutely nothing to do with my comments.
You complain about the founders and foundation of this country as to how it is built and how it is now. Would Cuba, Russia, China, Venezuela be a better place for you to live.
I will start a go fund me page for your plane ticket! Just indicate where you want to go that better than the U.S.

Reactions: jpboca and grbcane
You complain about the founders and foundation of this country as to how it is built and how it is now. Would Cuba, Russia, China, Venezuela be a better place for you to live.
I will start a go fund me page for your plane ticket! Just indicate where you want to go that better than the U.S.
I didn't complain about anything. Read. It's fundamental. I said people who pay their taxes have the right to say anything they want to paraphrase....and they do. They don't need advice from you either. Ironically, the first amendment also gives us all the right to complain as much as any of us want to complain. Regardless of if you like it.

Oh brother............All was bad we had to fight a War called the Revolutionary War. That wasn't pleasant.
Don't dismiss all the great inventions from people like Franklin during this time. Franklin was a great ambassador for this country all over the world. Especially France. There were many good building blocks imo all can be proud of...but the problem is every time certain people hear a criticism they think minorities view all people unlike them as whitey. Simply because they think in similar terms about Minorities....when nothing is further from the truth. If we say we want to stop watching minorities killed in the street by police. The response will automatically shift to whataboutism. What about black on black crime. Never the issue and never looking at the problem for what it is. ALWAYS DEFENSIVE!

We know there were founding fathers that did great things. It wasn't all great was the point. Many owned slaves and even had kids with them. it's not all apple pie and Americana brilliance. Let people decide for themselves. Stop trying to divide everything that is not meant to be divided. The fact is this country was built off slave labor and those slaves didn't get paid a dime. Some of us aren't going to just gloss over that. That doesn't mean they aren't American. This isn't my opinion. This is a fact!

Last edited:

But... the Founding Fathers are in fact... the Founding Fathers. This fact cannot be changed. There were a group of men who penned the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights and the Constitution and helped to shape America. While it looks vastly different today than it did then... without these men and the history our country has gone thru... we would not be where we are today.

That's not an "idea" or opinion... its actually fact. Someone cannot say they do not recognize those men as the Founding Fathers and instead believe them to be something or someone else. This isnt a fairytale... this is the factual history of our Country.

Alot has changed since then... mostly for the better. All men are now, in fact, created and treated equally. As well as women. As well as all types of cultural and racially different humans. Some actually receive MORE benefits based on their ethnicity or gender than others do.

So... while the history of this country may not be a pretty one... look how far we've come. From that group of white men that shaped our country and kept women and indians and blacks and all else out of it... here we are!

What more do you want?

It's crazy. Why would someone like me be considered a racist just because I choose to associate only with normal white Christians?

Just the Fact CD/et al can come on here and say what he/they says shows documented progress and rites. What happened to the people in Russia, China, N.Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, and Iran that express opinions contrary to their country's policies ? They are disappeared, tortured, dead, and/or ALL of the Above. Yet here you are, like the spoiled, entitled, ingrate you act like and sadly are, Not a wrinkle, not a bruse, not jailed, tortured nor killed, and NOT even a SHRED of grace, appreciation, nor realization that you enjoy the PRIVILEGE not many on the earth enjoy. A Privilege fought for and secured by the very same people you hate and criticize, the White, Black, Yellow, and every color under heaven, who's blood spilt red and died just so you can besmirch it. There is a word for willful liars set on destruction for the pleasure of destruction,,,, Debaser's

Last edited:

You're opening paragraph is confounding.

You reference facts, as if they are facts... yet you say "FACTS suggest" which indicates they are not actually facts, they are conjecture. Facts are beyond suggestion... facts are actually real, true, confirmed knowledge.

so... if someone feels misrepresented in America, they can't just determine that the actual, factual Founding Father's arent the actual, factual Founding Father's. Of course... these days anyone can identify as anything for any reason at any time... but it doesn't make it a fact. It makes it a belief similar to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

Just because you believe something DOES NOT MAKE IT SO.

You may believe that getting a Covid vaccine is the responsibility of every American.
You may believe that the Earth is flat.
You may believe God is a woman.

None of those beliefs or how you identify those beliefs make them TRUE or FACTS.

We cannot CHANGE our history. We cannot ERASE our history. But we certainly can LEARN from our history... and work toward not repeating the bad parts, and trying to duplicate the good parts.

You reference facts, as if they are facts... yet you say "FACTS suggest" which indicates they are not actually facts, they are conjecture. Facts are beyond suggestion... facts are actually real, true, confirmed knowledge.

so... if someone feels misrepresented in America, they can't just determine that the actual, factual Founding Father's arent the actual, factual Founding Father's. Of course... these days anyone can identify as anything for any reason at any time... but it doesn't make it a fact. It makes it a belief similar to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

You may believe that getting a Covid vaccine is the responsibility of every American.

None of those beliefs or how you identify those beliefs make them TRUE or FACTS.

We cannot CHANGE our history. We cannot ERASE our history. But we certainly can LEARN from our history... and work toward not repeating the bad parts, and trying to duplicate the good parts.
Great assessment of a stupid comment. Ho li fuk!

Nothing I said is "what I choose to believe". It's a fact! So I don't know your context here other than to ask what I said to you is not a fact?

Offended by stereotypes so to stop the stereotype will get together and dance.

Nothing I said is "what I choose to believe". It's a fact! So I don't know your context here other than to ask what I said to you is not a fact?

Sorry if I'm confused, but it sounds like you are stating that if someone feels their interest or they, themselves are not properly being represented in our country, that they can factually declare that the Founding Father's are not "their" Founding Father's?

Kind of like how liberals used the "not my President" rhetoric when Trump was elected?

I get that any individual has the right to believe whatever they want to. Its part of the amazing and glorious freedoms that our "FOUNDING FATHER'S" made sure to include while writing the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Constitution! But just because I believe that Joe Biden and the Democrats stole the election, doesnt mean its a fact. Just because you think I should go and get my vaccine in order to protect other people... doesnt make it a fact. Someone believing the earth is flat... DOES NOT MAKE IT A FACT!

We have the right to believe and feel however we want to... that is a FACT.

But if someone feels misrepresented here in our country, it does not mean they can decide the "Founding Father's" arent actually the Founding Father's! In this case, "#notmyfoundingfathers" does not apply. Anyone can make that claim... but they would sound really, REALLY stupid.

Those who wrote those sacred Documents listed above, will forever be the Founding Father's of our great Nation. Cannot change that fact.

Can you please elaborate for me how... FACTS suggest that "America" and it's founders doesn't represent everyone here paying taxes. equates to actual facts? Because if you've read the Documents that were penned by our Founding Father's you would find that despite them being written by white men almost 250 years ago that did not have the education and knowledge we have today... their words and declarations absolutely apply to all Americans in 2021. Where is the misrepresentation there?

CD will disagree with this vehemently, because the TRUTH as he knows it ONLY can come from him 🐑 🤡🤪

Reactions: Allied2651
Sorry if I'm confused, but it sounds like you are stating that if someone feels their interest or they, themselves are not properly being represented in our country, that they can factually declare that the Founding Father's are not "their" Founding Father's?

Kind of like how liberals used the "not my President" rhetoric when Trump was elected?

I get that any individual has the right to believe whatever they want to. Its part of the amazing and glorious freedoms that our "FOUNDING FATHER'S" made sure to include while writing the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Constitution! But just because I believe that Joe Biden and the Democrats stole the election, doesnt mean its a fact. Just because you think I should go and get my vaccine in order to protect other people... doesnt make it a fact. Someone believing the earth is flat... DOES NOT MAKE IT A FACT!

We have the right to believe and feel however we want to... that is a FACT.

But if someone feels misrepresented here in our country, it does not mean they can decide the "Founding Father's" arent actually the Founding Father's! In this case, "#notmyfoundingfathers" does not apply. Anyone can make that claim... but they would sound really, REALLY stupid.

Those who wrote those sacred Documents listed above, will forever be the Founding Father's of our great Nation. Cannot change that fact.

Can you please elaborate for me how... FACTS suggest that "America" and it's founders doesn't represent everyone here paying taxes. equates to actual facts? Because if you've read the Documents that were penned by our Founding Father's you would find that despite them being written by white men almost 250 years ago that did not have the education and knowledge we have today... their words and declarations absolutely apply to all Americans in 2021. Where is the misrepresentation there?
Let's stay on course. What did I tell you that is not a fact?

Let's stay on course. What did I tell you that is not a fact?

All of it. Facts are truths that have documented proof to determine something to be true.

Water is wet = fact

Snow is cold = fact

It is 9:14pm right now = fact

Today is Thursday = fact

What you are stating is not a fact... its an opinion. You have an opinion that the Founding Father's don't represent some of today's Americans. Ok... thats your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But your opinion does not change the FACT that the Founding Father's of this country are indeed the Founding Father's.

Nothing can change that because it is a fact.

You can say #notmyfoundingfathers... and sound like a doofus if you wish, but it doesn't change the fact.

All of it. Facts are truths that have documented proof to determine something to be true.

Water is wet = fact

Snow is cold = fact

It is 9:14pm right now = fact

Today is Thursday = fact

What you are stating is not a fact... its an opinion. You have an opinion that the Founding Father's don't represent some of today's Americans. Ok... thats your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But your opinion does not change the FACT that the Founding Father's of this country are indeed the Founding Father's.

Nothing can change that because it is a fact.

You can say #notmyfoundingfathers... and sound like a doofus if you wish, but it doesn't change the fact.

Wait what? What you just said to me makes zero sense. The founding fathers of this country are indeed the founding fathers? What makes this a fact and not what I said? Because you said so? What makes what you believe as your opinion a fact but what I believe not a fact? Just an opinion? That's real audacity and pretty ignorant. We didn't gain our independence from a king? That's not a fact? This country was not build on the institution of slavery?Please explain how neither of these statements are facts.

The fact is a bunch of people coined the phrase "founding fathers". That is those peoples opinions. Not a fact to me.

Last edited:
Your response is terrifying.

I am absolutely terrified that we live in a world where "facts" are now determined by how people think and feel. Nevermind proof or confirmation. Just ignore all that if it doesn't agree with how you think and feel... right?

We now live in Never Never Land. Got it.

You can absolutely choose to live in your world of denial... where the country was founded by Social Justice Warriors or Hillary Clinton or Megan Rapinoe or The
damn Easter Bunny for all I care.

Doesn't change the fact that John Adam's, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, etc. are the men who founded this country and penned some of the greatest governmental guidance documents the world had ever known.

Reactions: mahb
Your response is terrifying.

I am absolutely terrified that we live in a world where "facts" are now determined by how people think and feel. Nevermind proof or confirmation. Just ignore all that if it doesn't agree with how you think and feel... right?

We now live in Never Never Land. Got it.

You can absolutely choose to live in your world of denial... where the country was founded by Social Justice Warriors or Hillary Clinton or Megan Rapinoe or The
damn Easter Bunny for all I care.

Doesn't change the fact that John Adam's, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, etc. are the men who founded this country and penned some of the greatest governmental guidance documents the world had ever known.
Is this response to me? If so you can just reply to what I said.

What is terrifying to you is you don't like or agree with my opinion. Don't get it twisted. You saying what is fact does not make it a fact. Just blatantly saying coined phrases for example don't make it true.

Getting mad or upset some people don't agree doesn't make it true either.

This is Delusion and Denial in vivo. I commend you rk for the time you took to try and have an adult conversation.

Wait what? What you just said to me makes zero sense. The founding fathers of this country are indeed the founding fathers? What makes this a fact and not what I said? Because you said so? What makes what you believe as your opinion a fact but what I believe not a fact? Just an opinion? That's real audacity and pretty ignorant. We didn't gain our independence from a king? That's not a fact? This country was not build on the institution of slavery?Please explain how neither of these statements are facts.

The fact is a bunch of people coined the phrase "founding fathers". That is those peoples opinions. Not a fact to me.

What is terrifying to you is you don't like or agree with my opinion. Don't get it twisted. You saying what is fact does not make it a fact. Just blatantly saying coined phrases for example don't make it true.

A grown assed adult can not deal with simple reality. Sad ,,,,,,,,, very Sad

This is Delusion and Denial in vivo. I commend you rk for the time you took to try and have an adult conversation.

A grown assed adult can not deal with simple reality. Sad ,,,,,,,,, very Sad
I could say the same and I don't commend either of you #youarenotmydaddy and you don't dictate what is fact.

What I dont agree with is your opinion which you believe to be fact because it's how you believe them to be.

You cannot change facts that are verified with historical documentation just because you don't agree with them. You can have your #notmyfoundingfathers opinion all you want. Nobody can or will take that from you.

But you cannot pass your opinion as fact.

You are correct though, I do not dictate qhat are or aren't facts...

FACTS DICTATE THAT.

I could say the same and I don't commend either of you #youarenotmydaddy and you don't dictate what is fact.
You reallllly don't know nor obviously have any Clue as to what a FACT is, if you THINK FACTS Can Be DICTATED. Again I commend Rk for his Humanity.

Not just a River in Africa

R.1fef6a1b0b5d3eccbdb5c964eeab40a0

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT