ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly 20% of electric car Owners switched back to gas

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007

This was predictable. I had Owners in my building do the same and we have 3 charging stations. In short, it's a hassle. It's costly. It's not so efficient in time.
Absolutely predictable. Our infrastructure is not ready for this, particularly long trips. Most of these cars aren’t affordable, even with subsidies. Then there is the question of where the electricity comes from to charge these vehicles. It ain’t all green!

At coke they were doing their best to “Go Green”. We had the largest fleet of electric or hybrid vehicles. In a few years time the company phased them out due to the absurd cost of repairs. It was a nice thought but too much to maintain. Instead Diesel trucks came up with an additive to burn more better with less emissions.

Absolutely predictable. Our infrastructure is not ready for this, particularly long trips. Most of these cars aren’t affordable, even with subsidies. Then there is the question of where the electricity comes from to charge these vehicles. It ain’t all green!
Caused quite the stink in my building where I have been Board president for 8 years. Why should ALL owners pay for charging stations for a few. I put in a system where owners use a card and pay for the charge at a reasonable KWh price based on our FPL bill but it still cost close to 15K to run 220v to the charge area, cell phone amplifier to communicate from garage to charge company. I'm not done either. I will probably have to include in budget next year more money as the need increases.

At coke they were doing their best to “Go Green”. We had the largest fleet of electric or hybrid vehicles. In a few years time the company phased them out due to the absurd cost of repairs. It was a nice thought but too much to maintain. Instead Diesel trucks came up with an additive to burn more better with less emissions.
Why not natural gas like city buses?

Natural Gas for cars would be a better way to go… Couldnt see myself at a charging station waiting up to an hour to get back on the road..

Give me my gas all day long..!!! See ya..!!!
An hour gets you 60 miles.

What happens or what plan do they have for large crowd events. Take PSU most drive a good distance to attend game. So they use their charge getting there now how are you going to charge 50k cars to get home. How about holiday weekends at beach resorts. Jersey shore towns can barely park the cars, now they have to charge them.

Last edited:
Where is Raoul2 to provide the "Green Weenie" rebuttal?
Maybe he is stranded in his electric car and cannot find a plug station. Can't respond because his solar powered device is out of power and it is a cloudy day?

Reactions: grbcane
Maybe Biden's $2T infrastructure bill will help?
Oh, sorry, I forgot, Biden/Pelosi/Shumer have redefined infrastructure as Planned Parenthood, money to Iran and other Terrorist countries, Money for Illegal Immigrants that come here to not come here and Community Organizers.

They are coming out with a battery that charges in 5 MINUTES!
However, I drive gas powered muscle cars!

They are coming out with a battery that charges in 5 MINUTES!
However, I drive gas powered muscle cars!
How far would you be able to drive after the 5 minute charge? In all seriousness, I am all for technology making anything better. Where I draw the line is the Green Weenies telling us we must settle for less functionality at higher current prices for some Unicorn wonderful speculated future and unproven results.

Last edited:
How far would you be able to drive after the 5 minute charge? In all seriousness, I am all for technology making anything better. Where I draw the line is the Green Weenies telling us we most settle for less functionality at higher current prices for some Unicorn wonderful speculated future and unproven results.
They haven’t figured out where the power is coming from to charge their environmental friendly cars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT