ADVERTISEMENT

New Online Post by my Physician Friend

Joer

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2002
Crescent Beach, FL
www.jmrubinoconsulting.com
Awhile ago I stated that I have gotten most of my COVID-19 guidance from a lifelong buddy, a Johns Hopkins grad, now retired, and a vascular surgeon of some renown in Richmond, Va. This guy is the most brilliant guy I have ever known. In fact, he was valedictorian of not only my HS class but as a college undergrad. Here is his post today in reaction to a NY Times article.

There's no doubt that this has been a powerful pandemic. Even with many states revising their mortality statistics downward by an average of 20%...and multiple cases of death by other causes mislabeled as CV-19, including homicide deaths in the NY Times article, the numbers are horrific.

We have not yet counted the number of deaths as a result of our "lockdown" response - a unique response proposed as a result of erroneous models that predicted 2.2 million deaths in the US alone.

Many locations had more suicides than COVID-19 fatalities.

Yet we have survived other disasters such as this - without lockdown:

Spanish Flu - 1918 - 675,000 deaths
Asian Flu - 1957 - 116,000 deaths
Hong Kong Flu - 1968 - 100,000 deaths
H1N1 "Swine" flu - 2009 - 12,469 deaths

Rather than posting tombstone headlines, perhaps our media could use it's time and exposure to educate people on viral transmission, target groups, regional differences and safe practices.

Perhaps our politicians can review the effectiveness and quality of their "experts".

Some good may come of this.

Awhile ago I stated that I have gotten most of my COVID-19 guidance from a lifelong buddy, a Johns Hopkins grad, now retired, and a vascular surgeon of some renown in Richmond, Va. This guy is the most brilliant guy I have ever known. In fact, he was valedictorian of not only my HS class but as a college undergrad. Here is his post today in reaction to a NY Times article.

There's no doubt that this has been a powerful pandemic. Even with many states revising their mortality statistics downward by an average of 20%...and multiple cases of death by other causes mislabeled as CV-19, including homicide deaths in the NY Times article, the numbers are horrific.

We have not yet counted the number of deaths as a result of our "lockdown" response - a unique response proposed as a result of erroneous models that predicted 2.2 million deaths in the US alone.

Rather than posting tombstone headlines, perhaps our media could use it's time and exposure to educate people on viral transmission, target groups, regional differences and safe practices.

Perhaps our politicians can review the effectiveness and quality of their "experts".

GREAT post. Many other highly reputable MD's share his take on this thing.

Mortality rates are 0.003% which makes fear the controlling factor for our economy. There are over 400 Coronavirus’ in bats and spillovers are not that rare. There is a lot more to this story than is being analyzed or discussed. Numbers are not nearly as important as the economic war being waged by China. Left vs right is immaterial and without consequence.

Last edited:

Last sentance, maybe our president should have done the same instead of blaming everyone and their mother but himself.

Freakin clown goes on live TV and suggest we should try UV light enemas., disinfectant IV's and telling America to take Chloroquinne without any real testing on if it works (no proven it pretty much does not and may be more dangerous). Telling people to try it. What do you have to lose??

But people here prefer to blame CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS & ABC. Basically all media other than Fox News, AON & Alex Jones

Coup,e of things Inwill disagree with this statement:

A. 2.2 million deaths were really more predicted at 1.5 to 2 mil and either way, that was the original estimate if we did absolutely nothing. No social distancing, no stay at home orders, no wearing of mask, no shutdowns, etc. what we did had a big part in flattening the curve.

B. I call bullshit on the "many locations had more suicides than covid fatalities". Find my that stat. You won't find it and it is absolute hyperbole!! No way there has been 100k suicides in last two months. And not only that, can you even connect a person committing suicide to losing their job or tied directly to covid?? You can not. So saying that is absolutely not true and ridiculous.

Mortality rates are 0.003% which makes fear the controlling factor for our economy. There are over 400 Coronavirus’ in bats and spillovers are not that rare. There is a lot more to this story than is being analyzed or discussed. Numbers are not nearly as important as the economic war being waged by China. Left vs right is immaterial and without consequence.
They are not 0.003 percent thats lower than the flu. Its likely between 0.5 to 1 percent.

Reactions: gene4668
They are not 0.003 percent thats lower than the flu. Its likely between 0.5 to 1 percent.
The Stanford Univeristy Study of Santa Clara residents concluded that that Covid-19 fatality rate could be 50 - 85 times lower than current data suggests. This would result in mortality rate of between 0.001% to 0.002% The Univerity of Southern California teamed up with Los Angeles County Department of Public Health officials and their study concluded that the number of infected adults could be 55 times higher than reported. Some scitentists have attacked these studies, but I have no doubt that the number of infected individuals is much greater than reported and that the mortality rates have been extensively overstated.

It is HEAVILY weighted towards the elderly. As of the latest report, the mortality rate for known cases under age 55 in Florida is 0.46%. When you add all the undetected cases (especially since the younger somebody is the more likely they are to have a mild or asymptomatic case), the mortality rate for people under age 55 will likely be similar to or lower than the rate for the flu.

The latest data shows that almost 48% of the deaths in Florida were residents of long term care facilities. Those residents tend to be both very old and have many medical conditions.

There still has not been a single fatality in Florida for somebody under the age of 25, despite there being 5,364 documented cases in people under age 25.

Last sentance, maybe our president should have done the same instead of blaming everyone and their mother but himself.

Freakin clown goes on live TV and suggest we should try UV light enemas., disinfectant IV's and telling America to take Chloroquinne without any real testing on if it works (no proven it pretty much does not and may be more dangerous). Telling people to try it. What do you have to lose??

But people here prefer to blame CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS & ABC. Basically all media other than Fox News, AON & Alex Jones
Cedars Sinai has been working since 2016 on injecting UV light as a disinfectant. They are partnering with AYTU to bring it to market. Did you know that Amy Kjobuchar's husband and Michigan Dem State Rep Karen Whitsett, both took Hydoxychloroquine, and Chris Cuomo took a less safe version of the drug called Quinine? Apparently they all felt they had more to lose by not taking the drug.

A. 2.2 million deaths were really more predicted at 1.5 to 2 mil and either way, that was the original estimate if we did absolutely nothing. No social distancing, no stay at home orders, no wearing of mask, no shutdowns, etc. what we did had a big part in flattening the curve.

B. I call bullshit on the "many locations had more suicides than covid fatalities". Find my that stat. You won't find it and it is absolute hyperbole!! No way there has been 100k suicides in last two months. And not only that, can you even connect a person committing suicide to losing their job or tied directly to covid?? You can not. So saying that is absolutely not true and ridiculous.

A. There haven’t been that many Covid deaths.
B. He said IN SOME places have suicides outpaced flu deaths I’ve also heard stat IN SOME places.
And yes you can tie into it. Suicides have spiked tremendously during this time. AND if it was due to losing their job/-that would most likely be caused by the reaction. No?

I don’t know where you would find those stats this quickly. I do know this though. I know 2 people that have committed suicide in the past month, and I know no one who has tested positive for Covid-19. Can I say they committed suicide because of the virus, no one can say that, but it’s not unreasonable to think that the negative state that the world has been in since March contributed to their decision.

this is a quote from a NY Post article in April

“Job losses cause extreme suffering. Every 1 percent hike in the unemployment rate will likely produce a 3.3 percent increase in drug-overdose deaths and a 0.99 percent increase in suicides, according to data from the National Bureau of Economic Research and the medical journal Lancet.

These are facts based on past experience, not models. If unemployment hits 32 percent, some 77,000 Americans are likely to die from suicide and drug overdoses as a result of layoffs. Deaths of despair.”

Last edited:

According to the NY Post, doctors at the John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek Ca. have seen more deaths by suicide than COVID deaths. "We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time. We've seen a years worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks," one of the doctors said. Other areas are reporting up to a 600% increase in suicide attempts.

Last edited:

I am not sure about many locations having more suicides than Covid fatalities
Where did that come from?

Reactions: er1949 and zackbear
The news about suicide that many in this thread haven’t heard about, it’s a safe bet they rely on the same liberal news sources.

Those news sources unfortunately hardly qualify as news.

The news about suicide that many in this thread haven’t heard about, it’s a safe bet they rely on the same liberal news sources.

Those news sources unfortunately hardly qualify as news.
The main strategy of most media is just to ignore, and not report, on anything of substance that could possibly make the Democratic agenda look weak.
This shut down has to be the worst policy decision ever made by the United States. It's unfortunate that initially Trump went along with this folly foisted on him by his advisors and the media. He obviously no longer is going along with the destruction of our country and its citizens by the shutdown.

The main strategy of most media is just to ignore, and not report, on anything of substance that could possibly make the Democratic agenda look weak.
This shut down has to be the worst policy decision ever made by the United States. It's unfortunate that initially Trump went along with this folly foisted on him by his advisors and the media. He obviously no longer is going along with the destruction of our country and its citizens by the shutdown.
It is a shame Trump acquiesced regarding the shutdown...it might be his biggest regret, but at the time with the numbers being thrown around by the genius Scientists, it was truly a rock and a hard place. Another reason its imperative he wins this Fall, because he won't shut down again.

Cancer screening down 90% because people are afraid of hospitals due to the narrative the mainstream media is pushing. Drug over doses way up too. It’s kind of hard to tie it directly to the mandates but it’s also hard to tie deaths of people with major preexisting medical issues with covid but that sure as hell doesn’t stop fake news from using those numbers to over inflate their polls for their political agenda and click-bate ratings.

Last edited:
Try Newsmax
I read the Wall Street Journal and Miami Herald for news. To get the conservative view, I like the Daily Caller, for conservative opinion I like Powerline. For left-wing opinion I read Talking Points Memo. For libertarian opinion I like Reason. I never found Newsmax to be high quality.

Reactions: CFSteve
I read the Wall Street Journal and Miami Herald for news. To get the conservative view, I like the Daily Caller, for conservative opinion I like Powerline. For left-wing opinion I read Talking Points Memo. For libertarian opinion I like Reason. I never found Newsmax to be high quality.
Powerline is the best!

Reactions: Neil 212
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT