ADVERTISEMENT

New Wall St. Journal poll

cortez55403

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2004
Was published in the WSJ this morning. It was conducted after last week’s debate and before Trump’s hospitalization. Bottom line: Biden got a bump from the debate.

According to the poll , Biden is favored by 53% of voters, Trump by 39%. Big 14% margin.

Seems too large a margin to me. But, it’s directionally discouraging for the Trump campaign.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Was published in the WSJ this morning. It was conducted after last week’s debate and before Trump’s hospitalization. Bottom line: Biden got a bump from the debate.

According to the poll , Biden is favored by 53% of voters, Trump by 39%. Big 14% margin.

Seems too large a margin to me. But, it’s directionally discouraging for the Trump campaign.

Thoughts?

Biden was up about 8 nationally and given Trump's increasingly insane behavior of late, his calamitous debate performance, and the fact that he probably had COVID but didn't tell anyone during the debate - the 14 point lead seems legit. If its real then that's about a 400 electoral vote result for Biden on November 3rd (Obama beat Romney by 6% nationally, which was good enough for a 332 to 206 electoral college win).

Reactions: cems52
You boys are living in a fantasy world if you think Biden is getting 332 elec votes.

I love to have some of that action...

El,

What’s your opinion on this: Will Trump get a bump due to his hospitalization (brave guy defeats the hoax disease) or be further downgraded (his own negligence infected himself and the White House) by the voters?

Thanks.

El,

What’s your opinion on this: Will Trump get a bump due to his hospitalization (brave guy defeats the hoax disease) or be further downgraded (his own negligence infected himself and the White House) by the voters?

Thanks.

Hahaha funny how you leave out that it’s also a NBC joint poll with WSJ. It’s under 1000 registered voters not likely voters so it’s a bogus poll. Overall Biden got about a 1 point bump since the debate but zero bump in the swing states. Also 1 big thing even in that flawed NBC WSJ poll Trump still favored over Biden when it comes to the economy 47-41. People are not gonna vote against their own income and higher taxes. When Biden says he’s only taxes people that make over 400k he is flat out lying. He’s said he will wipe out the Trump tax cuts which benefited the middle class and lower wage earners the most. Get off of CNN MSNBC ABC CBS NBC once in a while and smell some reality

Reactions: grbcane
El,

Thanks.
The Bump will come in two weeks when things get serious. Even the fake polls will tighten and you’ll start seeing a lot more legitimate polls from Remington Trafalgar Rassmusen. Watch the shift in 2 weeks. Mark my words

Hahaha funny how you leave out that it’s also a NBC joint poll with WSJ. It’s under 1000 registered voters not likely voters so it’s a bogus poll. Overall Biden got about a 1 point bump since the debate but zero bump in the swing states. Also 1 big thing even in that flawed NBC WSJ poll Trump still favored over Biden when it comes to the economy 47-41. People are not gonna vote against their own income and higher taxes. When Biden says he’s only taxes people that make over 400k he is flat out lying. He’s said he will wipe out the Trump tax cuts which benefited the middle class and lower wage earners the most. Get off of CNN MSNBC ABC CBS NBC once in a while and smell some reality

Thanks Ed.

I read the poll in the WSJ this morning. I read that paper every day. Owned by Trump loyalist, Rupert Murdoch, I don’t think this organization would conduct a “bogus poll.”

Bump or downgrade for Trump after his hospitalization?

Thanks Ed.

I read the poll in the WSJ this morning. I read that paper every day. Owned by Trump loyalist, Rupert Murdoch, I don’t think this organization would conduct a “bogus poll.”

It’s a joint poll done with hate Trump NBC. You know that right? The WSJ editorial and opinion page is good the rest is liberal trash

Thanks Ed.

The bump and total shift in the polls are coming in 2 weeks. Get ready

Thanks Ed.

Hey Cortez,

A very reliable poll IBD/TIPP poll had Biden up 3 Nationally. Within the margin of error. Remember the National popular vote Doesn’t necessarily mean victory

Here’s a little clue on public polling. They are only as accurate as the information they start with. Campaign polls are very accurate due to the money they spend on voter information.

Recently I took the time to review a likely voter poll. Knowing that good pollsters consider someone a likely voter as someone who has voted in the last X amount of elections. The poll I reviewed determined likely voter as someone who told the pollster they were very likely to vote.

campaign polls pay for voter rolls which show their poll targets voting records. Not who they voted for but if they voted or not. That stuff costs money. A campaign will pay for it, media groups not so much.

There are very few public polling groups that are somewhat accurate and even less who are consistently as accurate as their best performance.

Throw in a quiet electorate, and a changing electorate and you get polls all over the place.

Nothing has changed much when it comes to campaign polls. Trumps campaign is still very confident and the Dems know they are playing from behind. It’s why Biden is on the trail and is very quiet with his plans.

Reactions: grbcane and edtuna
Here’s a little clue on public polling. They are only as accurate as the information they start with. Campaign polls are very accurate due to the money they spend on voter information.

Recently I took the time to review a likely voter poll. Knowing that good pollsters consider someone a likely voter as someone who has voted in the last X amount of elections. The poll I reviewed determined likely voter as someone who told the pollster they were very likely to vote.

campaign polls pay for voter rolls which show their poll targets voting records. Not who they voted for but if they voted or not. That stuff costs money. A campaign will pay for it, media groups not so much.

There are very few public polling groups that are somewhat accurate and even less who are consistently as accurate as their best performance.

Throw in a quiet electorate, and a changing electorate and you get polls all over the place.

Nothing has changed much when it comes to campaign polls. Trumps campaign is still very confident and the Dems know they are playing from behind. It’s why Biden is on the trail and is very quiet with his plans.
Excellent take. Thank you

Excellent take. Thank you

i listened to a radio broadcast locally to me where they had a college affiliated public pollster on. Pretty much said it is really hard to pull good numbers and reading between the lines even harder with the last 2 elections because the electorate is all over the place.

Reactions: edtuna
i listened to a radio broadcast locally to me where they had a college affiliated public pollster on. Pretty much said it is really hard to pull good numbers and reading between the lines even harder with the last 2 elections because the electorate is all over the place.
Yes totally. Trafalgar is one of the innovative pollsters that switched their methodology and were pretty damn spot on in 2016

All the pollsters who were slightly off in 2016 have adjusted their methodologies to make up for any silent Trump voters. These numbers are real and are widening by the day. If they keep moving in this direction, we may see a 400 electoral vote victory.

urban,

I was all with you until you said that the “Dems know they are playing from behind.” WTF?

What polls, by anybody using any methodology, are you using?

SMH while LOL.

All the pollsters who were slightly off in 2016 have adjusted their methodologies to make up for any silent Trump voters. These numbers are real and are widening by the day. If they keep moving in this direction, we may see a 400 electoral vote victory.
Lol BS. CNN NBC NYT. All BS polls and your going to find out. They didn’t change squat. If anything they added to their manipulation in order to suppress. Won’t work. Trump voter motivated. Sleepy Joe Voters uh not so much

Thoughts?

The poll way over samples democrats, eight hundred for a national poll is a joke. No legitimate poll uses registered voters instead of likely voters. Especially when one candidate has a far more motivated base.

Here‘s the punchline, they did this same poll at roughly the same time in October 2016 with a bad, but less exaggerated over sample of democrats and got the same results.

Last edited:
Reactions: edtuna
urban,

I was all with you until you said that the “Dems know they are playing from behind.” WTF?

SMH while LOL.
He’s right Cortez. Joe would still be in the Basement if they really thought they were winning

We’ve seen this story before, but it’s the Trump supporters that are a brain washed cult. It’s time for you anti-Trumpers to a serious self evaluation.

Reactions: krvanness
Ed,

I think you and your buds are relying on divine intervention over the next 2 weeks. We’ll just have to wait, I guess.

I do agree with you that “leading the economy” is Trump’s strongest suit. But, is Trump going to and from the hospital in a helicopter spreading this message? No. Instead, he is dramatically taking off his mask on the WH balcony.

SMH.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
The poll way over samples democrats, eight hundred for a national poll is a joke. No legitimate poll uses registered voters instead of likely voters. Especially when one candidate has a far more motivated base.

Here‘s the punchline, they did this same poll at roughly the same time in October 2016 with a bad, but less exaggerated over sample of democrats and got the same results.

Exactly. Truth

Thanks Ed.

After his tweet and walking out of Walter Reed today after 3 days? Major bump.

Reactions: grbcane and edtuna
urban,

SMH while LOL.

pay attention

public polling determines a poll by calling x amount of registered Dems, republicans, Inds.

campaign polls pay big money and do actual research on who they are polling.

grabbing 1000 names off a list and calling them vs looking for 1000 voters in balanced fashion based upon voter reg numbers in specific areas and then researching those people’s voting habits.

there was a reason before the 2016 election Kelly Ann Conway had that grin during all the interviews with pundits telling her Trump was going to lose in a landslide. Remember when Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma were in play for Clinton lol? Funny thing is his campaign knew they were going to win barring some shenanigans by the Dems.

here is even more info. In Pa, Fl, Minn, Wisc, NC and a couple other swing states Rs have dominated D’s in voter reg since 2016. Factor that in with the fact that Trump has not lost his vote from 2016.

Throw in things like voter engagement, social media engagement, and grass roots operations and I would say it’s far more likely there is an electoral college landslide for Trump like there was in 2016. now could it all be completely 100% wrong. Sure anything is possible. But behind the scenes Trumps team is as confident as they were 4 years ago.

Believe, don’t believe it, don’t really care.

Ed,

I think you and your buds are relying on divine intervention over the next 2 weeks. We’ll just have to wait, I guess.

I do agree with you that “leading the economy” is Trump’s strongest suit. But, is Trump going to and from the hospital in a helicopter spreading this message? No. Instead, he is dramatically taking off his mask on the WH balcony.

SMH.
Cortez Trump has TIGER BLOOD. He’s a monster. Ain’t no COVID holding him down. He’s immune. Lol.
Cortez, seriously though aren’t you the least bit interested in why Hunter Biden received 3.5 million from the mayor of MOSCOWs wife??

You've puked up about four different excuses in the same post. Why not just pick one and stand by behind it so it doesn't look like you're clutching at straws to obfuscate from dealing with the reality that Biden is crushing Trump at the moment.

You've puked up about four different excuses in the same post. Why not just pick one and stand by behind it so it doesn't look like you're clutching at straws to obfuscate from dealing with the reality that Biden is crushing Trump at the moment.

Sure Raoul, whatever helps you sleep at night. Your reaction shows me you’re not as confident as you pretend.

This is the poll I meant to post, it was roughly at the same time by them in 2016 that showed Clinton up by 11 points, by the way the poll this year over sampled democrats by even more.

They over sampled Dems on this poll by 15%...
Fake Poll is an under statement...

😂 😂😂

They always oversample Dems - because there are more Dems in the country. Therefore in order to have a balanced result, you have to oversample Dems.

😂 😂😂

They always oversample Dems - because there are more Dems in the country. Therefore in order to have a balanced result, you have to oversample Dems.

Poor Raoul you’re missing something here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT