ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I have made my hypocrisy comments on the Right clear about Afghanistan. Here is why I have changed to LeBron as the Goat from MJ.

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
I used to believe Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player I have ever seen. I named my son after Michael Jordan. Basketball is my first love and I have a diehard fan.

Hear me out.

When I think of the GOAT I can only go by the players I watched play. I watched about at the end of Wilts Career. But when Kareem was in his prime. So for me Kareem is in this discussion. If you say he isn't and watched the same error I would say you don't know much about basketball at all.

See the game is a different game today. It is a global game now. The players that play today are more skilled. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. All the stars today invest millions in taking care of their bodies because they have more money. Better equipment and personal trainers all the way down the bench. Now the game being global means you have a pool of players to choose from going into the billions. Not just a pool of US players and some guys here and there from overseas. There is a difference. We have 7 footers now that can handle and shoot threes. You had guys like Wil Purdue as centers when MJ was playing. Just a very few big guys that could do anything like Hakeem, Ewing, Duncan, Robinson and a very young Shaq.

LeBron James never had a Hall of Fame college coach or any college coach. He never had the greatest NBA coach in history coaching him who is also a HOF. He just had a ball and a dream. He took that and made himself a billionaire. He put all his friends from high school on and and made them millionaires. You never saw any of them in trouble with the law with only themselves to guide them. MJ had guidance and came from a Middle class family to HOF coach to HOF coach.

Now, basketball is a team sport. Do number of championships matter? Yes of course they do but that is only one indicator. If we are measuring on playoff wins I think LeBron has more than enough. He gets to the finals regularly. You can almost set your watch to it if he is healthy.

The most impressive thing thing Jordan has done is not lose in the finals in my opinion but that is a team accomplishment. The most impressive thing that LeBron did was lead his team back from a deficit of 3 games to 1 vs the greatest regular season basketball team in history at least statistically. Against players that imo opinion better in todays game. LeBron lead in every major statistical catagory and that includes the opposing teams players.

LeBron is a Billionaire like Michael but LeBron is still playing. He could just mind his business and keep his mouth shut like Michael and dribble. He decided that's not good enough. He is putting poor kids through school and providing them with a college education when done. He is speaking out against social injustice. He is doing things that Michael just didn't care to do until recently. LeBron has been doing it from day 1.

His selflessness makes him the Goat. On and off the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT