ADVERTISEMENT

OAN - What a pleasure to listen to

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
On some business travel and the local cable system carries OAN (One America Network), Newsmaxx and ACC Network, unlike COMmunistCAST.

Curious if others have had the opportunity to actually view their programming? IMO it is far superior to the often "cult of personality' style of Fox. Won't even waste my time discussing the MSM 🤡 shows. OAN reports new and interesting stories with facts.

A few examples from the past couple days:
* decreasing birth rates in China. A fact intensive non judgemental report with lots of Asian sources. Not some DC institute egghead. China matters and macro changes in their population will ultimately have an affect on the USA.
* The California gubernatorial potential replacement does not revolve around Caitlyn Jenner. Although she has not announced as a candidate, Tulsi Gabbard is far and away leading early polls. I just don't think California is ready for a Conservative Republican yet. But a somewhat moderate democrat and apparently decent person like Gabbard would be a major improvement over the corrupt, dictator wanna be Newsom. But again OAN's reporting was from California sources and fact based. They did not have any partisan talking heads saying Newsom was great or horrible.
* Maricopa County AZ. is conducting an exhaustive audit of the Nov 2020 election. This includes a complete hand recount. OAN had local sources report that in April 2021 that voting machine data was "wiped". This is against Arizona law and election officials are under investigation. So far this audit has shown how easily the machines could be manipulated to change votes and chain of custody of ballots reporting with more holes than swiss cheese. But again fact based details, no Beltway pundit screaming "election theft" or "any one that questions election results should go to prison".
* Reported gas shortages before any other network (including Fox) and had live information from states other than Virginia.
* Reported in more detail than MSM the truth about Israel/Hamas while the Joe and Jen show was condemning Israel. This was the only report with any kind of editorial comment with the reporter calling out the false narratives of Biden and Omar.
* Coverage of other international and non political news with local sources.

No question that this network is ready for primetime. The only reason I can think of that OAN does not have wider distribution is many in the political class are afraid of an honest media that can provide the truth. It was nice to listen to the news and learn something new.

On some business travel and the local cable system carries OAN (One America Network), Newsmaxx and ACC Network, unlike COMmunistCAST.

Curious if others have had the opportunity to actually view their programming? IMO it is far superior to the often "cult of personality' style of Fox. Won't even waste my time discussing the MSM 🤡 shows. OAN reports new and interesting stories with facts.

* decreasing birth rates in China. A fact intensive non judgemental report with lots of Asian sources. Not some DC institute egghead. China matters and macro changes in their population will ultimately have an affect on the USA.
* The California gubernatorial potential replacement does not revolve around Caitlyn Jenner. Although she has not announced as a candidate, Tulsi Gabbard is far and away leading early polls. I just don't think California is ready for a Conservative Republican yet. But a somewhat moderate democrat and apparently decent person like Gabbard would be a major improvement over the corrupt, dictator wanna be Newsom. But again OAN's reporting was from California sources and fact based. They did not have any partisan talking heads saying Newsom was great or horrible.
* Maricopa County AZ. is conducting an exhaustive audit of the Nov 2020 election. This includes a complete hand recount. OAN had local sources report that in April 2021 that voting machine data was "wiped". This is against Arizona law and election officials are under investigation. So far this audit has shown how easily the machines could be manipulated to change votes and chain of custody of ballots reporting with more holes than swiss cheese. But again fact based details, no Beltway pundit screaming "election theft" or "any one that questions election results should go to prison".
* Reported gas shortages before any other network (including Fox) and had live information from states other than Virginia.
* Reported in more detail than MSM the truth about Israel/Hamas while the Joe and Jen show was condemning Israel. This was the only report with any kind of editorial comment with the reporter calling out the false narratives of Biden and Omar.

No question that this network is ready for primetime. The only reason I can think of that OAN does not have wider distribution is many in the political class are afraid of an honest media that can provide the truth. It was nice to listen to the news and learn something new.
OAN rocks. I'm a big fan.

Reactions: orly 1022

Puzzled about the Newsome recall election. Tulsi Gabbard is not from Cali and is not, to my knowledge, on the ballot. Not sure of OAN‘s POV on this issue.

OAN is also the source that got Coach Gundy in such trouble at Oklahoma St last year. Leading players protested his wearing of an OAN T-Shirt, a news outlet they consider racist in the extreme. Gundy backed down and took a pay cut as I recall. He admitted to being out of touch with his players on political issues.

Puzzled about the Newsome recall election. Tulsi Gabbard is not from Cali and is not, to my knowledge, on the ballot. Not sure of OAN‘s POV on this issue.

OAN is also the source that got Coach Gundy in such trouble at Oklahoma St last year. Leading players protested his wearing of an OAN T-Shirt, a news outlet they consider racist in the extreme. Gundy backed down and took a pay cut as I recall. He admitted to being out of touch with his players on political issues.
Cortez,

Please tell me that you just didn't closely read my statement as reprinted below:
Although she has not announced as a candidate, Tulsi Gabbard is far and away leading early polls.
I hope you are not just trying to cast shade on OAN's accuracy.
The segment said that she had not announced her candidacy but was considering it. Also said she was previosly a congress person from Hawaii. Obviously she could have moved to California and gotten legal residence with a picture ID? LOL The segment went on to say she was polling sigfificantly higher than Jenner, Cox and another Republican whose name I don't recall.

https://www.oann.com/oan-poll-finds...to-replace-gavin-newsom-as-governor-of-calif/

Your Gundy example is actually very telling. Yes that happened but I highly doubt that the players had listened to OAN and found it offensive. More likely the were told negative things by liberal's that cannot handle opposing views (also often known as the truth).

If someone tells you OAN is a network of vile racist lies, does that make it true? Same idea as if Biden, Harris, Newsom, AOC, Don Lemon, Chuck Todd, Jim Acosta and Anderson Cooper all say 2 + 2 = 5, that doesn't make it true.

I am truly curious if you have ever sat down and watched 30 minutes of OAN or just reacting to what you've heard from hostile parties.

Cortez,

Please tell me that you just didn't closely read my statement as reprinted below:
Although she has not announced as a candidate, Tulsi Gabbard is far and away leading early polls.
The segment said that she had not announced her candidacy but was considering it. Also said she was previosly a congress person from Hawaii. Obviously she could have moved to California and gotten legal residence with a picture ID? LOL The segment went on to say she was polling sigfificantly higher than Jenner, Cox and another Republican whose name I don't recall.

https://www.oann.com/oan-poll-finds...to-replace-gavin-newsom-as-governor-of-calif/

Your Gundy example is actually very telling. Yes that happened but I highly doubt that the players had listened to OAN and found it offensive. More likely the were told negative things by liberal's that cannot handle opposing views (also often known as the truth).

If someone tells you OAN is a network of vile racist lies, does that make it true? Same idea as if Biden, Harris, Newsom, AOC, Don Lemon, Chuck Todd, Jim Acosta and Anderson Cooper all say 2 + 2 = 5, that doesn't make it true.

I am truly curious if you have ever sat down and watched 30 minutes of OAN or just reacting to what you've heard from hostile parties.
Here was Gundy's comment regarding OAN:

“I tell you what's funny is, I was flipping through stations," Gundy started. "I found one — I don't even know if anybody knows about this — it's called OAN. It's One America News. And it was so refreshing. They just report the news. There's no commentary. There's no opinions on this. There's no left. There's no right. They just reported the news. And I've been watching them the last week, because they're given us the news and given us more information — in my opinion — some of the positives are coming out. So, that was refreshing."

@central17 You're a cogent dude, OAN is an echo chamber that eschews the tenants of journalism. That's factual, not opinion. I watch OAN, Newsmax and Sinclair on occasion, its confirmation bias. Nothing wrong with that but call a spade a spade, its not a whataboutism. I know the argument some will advance is there is no journalism, if you don't believe in the tenants of journalism, that's also a fair position just don't expect me to discuss it.

Reactions: waldorf
Cortez,

sorry 17. That report on Tulsi on OAN is atrocious journalism. She is nowhere in the Cali polling nor should she be as a Hawaii resident. I am a little shocked that you might believe this shiz by OAN.

The OSU players are not dummies. Gundy was the dunce for not understanding his team.

Thanks but no thanks! OAN and Newsmax traffic in conspiracy theories. There are a lot of baseless claims about the 2020 election that no reasonable person would entertain. These practices are effective for people looking for the news they want to see to pacify their own existing political beliefs. They aren't rooted in facts or truth or much context otherwise. I have listened because I listen to everything.

Listen to some extent they all have a bias. That's because human beings have biases. The better news outlets are the ones that have the ability to self correct even without their biases being pointed out. It is merely just a matter of the level upon this is done. None of them are going to be perfect.

People should not get caught up in a damn news outlet. Gundy is the perfect example of this. That's silly. That tells me one thing. They are just saying what they want to hear. Think about this. How many people do you see with CNN shirts or MSNBC shirts.....lol? Nobody, because that is stupid in and of its self for someone to promote a news source that just tells the news. The news isn't meant to be promoted at all.

sorry 17. That report on Tulsi on OAN is atrocious journalism. She is nowhere in the Cali polling nor should she be as a Hawaii resident. I am a little shocked that you might believe this shiz by OAN.

The OSU players are not dummies. Gundy was the dunce for not understanding his team.

I'm sticking with OAN every chance I get to watch it. Surprised by your hysteria over the Gabbard story. They ran a poll and reported the results. Their broadcast was very clear in stating she had not announced her candidacy. CNN leads with most stories with a "CNN poll states", then take their poll results as fact and have liberal hack pundits like Lemon, Coumo and Cooper yap their opinion from a false narrative.

Cortez, please humor me and give a honest answer. Have you personally ever sat and watched 30 minutes of OAN.
Thank you,

Last edited:
Reactions: grbcane
I'm sticking with OAN every chance I get to watch it. Surprised by your hysteria over the Gabbard story. They ran a poll and reported the results. Their broadcast was very clear in stating she had not announced her candidacy. CNN leads with most stories with a CNN poll states, then take their poll results as fact and have liberal hack pundits like Lemon, Coumo and Cooper yap their opinion from a false narrative.

Cortez, please humor me and give a honest answer. Have you personally ever sat and watched 30 minutes of OAN.
Thank you,
Good summary, and sheep like @ellu parrot the fake news back

I'm sticking with OAN every chance I get to watch it. Surprised by your hysteria over the Gabbard story. They ran a poll and reported the results. Their broadcast was very clear in stating she had not announced her candidacy. CNN leads with most stories with a "CNN poll states", then take their poll results as fact and have liberal hack pundits like Lemon, Coumo and Cooper yap their opinion from a false narrative.

Thank you,
I have not watched 30 continuous minutes of OAN. I am not “hysterical” about their Gabbard story. I am dumbfounded by its inaccuracy. You’ve been duped by the RWM….Right Wing Media.

LOL. Tulsi is moving to the Guard unit in MountIn View, Ca. That’s the HQ of Google.

I fully admit that Cali likes wacko candidates. Tulsi is a vegan, a Hindu and a Democrat. Is she the one to replace Gavin Newsom?

OAN fired some of there people because they said they lie all the time. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: SolarCane
LOL. Tulsi is moving to the Guard unit in MountIn View, Ca. That’s the HQ of Google.

I fully admit that Cali likes wacko candidates. Tulsi is a vegan, a Hindu and a Democrat. Is she the one to replace Gavin Newsom?

So is Newsom's knew "keep me" pitch?

Yes, I am a spoiled silver spoon, corrupt,hypocritical, incompetant, lying, sleazy dictator wannabe, but at least you already know what a "train wreck" I am.

And yes "train wreck" is tongue in cheek for the Billion$ wasted and stolen on that Newsom boondoggle.

Reactions: utatem
So is Newsom's knew "keep me" pitch?

Yes, I am a spoiled silver spoon, corrupt,hypocritical, incompetant, lying, sleazy dictator wannabe, but at least you already know what a "train wreck" I am.

And yes "train wreck" is tongue in cheek for the Billion$ wasted and stolen on that Newsom boondoggle.
17, As you suggested, I watched 30+ minutes of OAN last night. It came across to me (as a libtard) as political advocacy rather than journalism.

My wife did like the presenter, however. Natalie Harp. Great, expressive eyebrows!

Reactions: central17
17, As you suggested, I watched 30+ minutes of OAN last night. It came across to me (as a libtard) as political advocacy rather than journalism.

My wife did like the presenter, however. Natalie Harp. Great, expressive eyebrows!
Cortez,

Glad you made the effort. I watched it a little last night and the guy on was more opinion than news. Again, OAN is not offered by my home cable provider. I have typically listened in daylight hours and enjoy the segments on topics not widely covered expecially international.

IMO, we all get smarter by listening to more sources of information. For example I tuned into CNN to learn what is going militarily in the current Israel/Hamas situation. CNN has live bureau's that are typically good. Fox rarely has any live film outside of DC, Fairfax County VA or NYC. But then after CNN doing a good job on a foreign street, they will air the anti semitic, anti American and vile Ilhan Omar.

Please try another 30 minutes of morning OAN. Let me if you here a story that you have not heard widely reported elsewhere. And in fairness, next week I will subject myself to 30 minutes of Joe and Mika. It will be interesting to hear their spin in Israel, Colonial, Immigration and whatever else. Inflation. Sometimes is good to know what the other side is thinking

Reactions: cortez55403
BTW, google "Liz Wheeler" I could not get a pic to post, but OAN would appear to have a thing for Anchorettes with Eyebrows:oops:.

Cortez,

Glad you made the effort. I watched it a little last night and the guy on was more opinion than news. Again, OAN is not offered by my home cable provider. I have typically listened in daylight hours and enjoy the segments on topics not widely covered expecially international.

IMO, we all get smarter by listening to more sources of information. For example I tuned into CNN to learn what is going militarily in the current Israel/Hamas situation. CNN has live bureau's that are typically good. Fox rarely has any live film outside of DC, Fairfax County VA or NYC. But then after CNN doing a good job on a foreign street, they will air the anti semitic, anti American and vile Ilhan Omar.

Please try another 30 minutes of morning OAN. Let me if you here a story that you have not heard widely reported elsewhere. And in fairness, next week I will subject myself to 30 minutes of Joe and Mika. It will be interesting to hear their spin in Israel, Colonial, Immigration and whatever else. Inflation. Sometimes is good to know what the other side is thinking
Thanks. I never watch MSNBC or Fox. Daily, I watch local and national news on NBC and CBS. When it’s election season of when there is a big disaster or international incident, I watch CNN. For business news I watch CNBC every morning.

In print, I read the NYT and WSJ every day. I also read two local newspapers. For international stuff, I read the Times of London and The Economist. During the elections, I read Real Clear Politics.

For magazines, I read the New Yorker and Foreign Affairs and a whole slew of travel magazines. I’m a travel junky.

For podcasts/radio shows, I listen to ESPNU and NFL Network most days. I love “Hacks on Tap” with David Axelrod, The Daily from the NYT, Fresh Air from PBS and ESPN Daily.

While exercising, I often listen to non fiction Audiobooks. WWII is a favorite topic.

This is by their own explanation an conservative news outlet. Most right now consider this party to have gone from a legitimate political party in the United States to a dumpster fire peddling right wing conspiracy theories. I used to consider myself a moderate and people that still do entertain this crap from left as well. Trying to "listen to the other sides pov". You guys that do that sound silly as ell. Their POV is clear. They think that Trump is president because the election was stolen from him no matter if 60 judges from both parties don't agree. These people allow this lie to continue by either staying silent or perpetuating it and hurting our democracy. Spitting on our constitution. They are at war with our constitution as LIz Cheney has said. These people are not interested in your truth. Stop entertaining their bullshit!

They are telling you Jan 6 was just a bunch of tourist. Newsmax and OAN are trafficking in this nonsense even though video footage was shown that this was a complete right wing shit show. All legitimate right wing people issued a letter to stop this crap. It's disrespectful to the police. It's disrespectful to our constitution.....and it is disrespectful to the American people at large. 150 plus republicans signed off on this letter. They will be breaking from this party and starting their own.

People that listen to this kind of propaganda are only part of the problem in my view.

Interesting list. David Axelrod is an interesting example. While, big surprise, I don't agree with most of his politics, I absolutely respect his intelligence and he is in the top 10% of honesty from the left.

I will also make a confession that might get me a temporary ban from the right side of the lounge. In 2015 when the Republicans primary had 20+ candidates, I found that MSNBC offered the best analysis and most detail. I was amazed how objective they were. Fox hosts had their own favorites they were shilling for. It was obvious the MSNBC had quality people that could be objective journalists if they were not shackled to their network's Whacko liberal ideolgy. Rachel Maddow was especially impressive. The woman is wicked smart. It is a shame that she is kept as a back bench snarky flame thrower. She has so much more natural journalistic talent than Chuckie Todd, Lester Holt, Kate Snow and especially Willie Geist (one of the least talented people ever on a major network). I kind of feel sorry for Rachel Maddow because her talent is kept in a small cage behind some real losers, but not too sorry because it is a $7M cage

Last edited:
Interesting list. David Axelrod is an interesting example. While, big surprise, I don't agree with most of his politics, I absolutely respect his intelligence and he is in the top 10% of honesty from the left.

I will also make a confession that might get me a temporary ban from the right side of the lounge. In 2015 when the Republicans primary had 20+ candidates, I found that MSNBC offered the best analysis and most detail. I was amazed how objective they were. Fox hosts had their own favorites they were shilling for. It was obvious the MSNBC had quality people that could be objective journalists if they were not shackled to their network's Whacko liberal ideolgy. Rachel Maddow was especially impressive. The woman is wicked smart. It is a shame that she is kept as back bench snarky flame thrower. She has so much more natural journalistic talent than Chuckie Todd, Lester Holt, Kate Snow and especially Willie Geist (one of the least talented people ever on a major network). I kind of feel sorry for Rachel Maddow because her talent is kept in a small cage behind some real losers, but not too sorry because it is a $7M cage
MSNBC has improved quite a bit to be honest. They used to be horrible back in the day. I think they added more of a mix of people from different ideologies from other networks but are more objective. This was pretty smart because all of these guys have different ideologies or parties they are linked to. Rachel has the top rated show. Very smart lady although she needs to get to the point quicker. She is good at putting these stories in perspective.

I just don't know what fox is...and to be honest at least oan tells you they are a conservative news outlet. I can respect they do not hide what you are going to get from them. fox tries to act like they are fair and balanced and they are the furthest thing from it. Also, run by a bunch of old conservative white men that are used to privileges' and shows with all the legal trouble they stay in.

Reactions: cortez55403
MSNBC has improved quite a bit to be honest. They used to be horrible back in the day. I think they added more of a mix of people from different ideologies from other networks but are more objective. This was pretty smart because all of these guys have different ideologies or parties they are linked to. Rachel has the top rated show. Very smart lady although she needs to get to the point quicker. She is good at putting these stories in perspective.

I just don't know what fox is...and to be honest at least oan tells you they are a conservative news outlet. I can respect they do not hide what you are going to get from them. fox tries to act like they are fair and balanced and they are the furthest thing from it. Also, run by a bunch of old conservative white men that are used to privileges' and shows with all the legal trouble they stay in.
LOL. You can still keep your card on the Right side of the aisle. My confession: I’ve seen snippets of Rachel Maddow but have never, ever watched her show.

On Hacks on Tap, I really like Axelrod’s Republican co-host, Mike Murphy. He’s a lifetime GOP member and noted political consultant. But, he hates Trump and is trying to steer the party back to its traditional values of fiscal conservatism, limited government and a muscular foreign policy. He’s also very insightful and witty in his digs against Axelrod and others he chooses to criticize.

Last edited:
Had to chuckle this weekend. CNN, NBC, etc. were all reporting breaking news about China being concerned about its population decline. OAN had reported that information May 13th, only 2 weeks prior to MSM getting the memo. That is what news true news organizations do. OAN is a true media journalistic news outlet. Unlike the MSM that doesn't say what day it is until the DNC and Soros tell them to.

Had to chuckle this weekend. CNN, NBC, etc. were all reporting breaking news about China being concerned about its population decline. OAN had reported that information May 13th, only 2 weeks prior to MSM getting the memo. That is what news true news organizations do. OAN is a true media journalistic news outlet. Unlike the MSM that doesn't say what day it is until the DNC and Soros tell them to.
Can't believe you would publicly admit watching OAN. In fact, you are bragging about its credibility which doesn't exist other than in your head. Check this nugget out you obviously don't know about but I got from MSM.

DirecTV will drop far-right cable news outlet One America News Network on Tuesday, April 4, according to Bloomberg’s Gerry Smith.

The satellite TV cable behemoth said earlier this year that it planned to no longer carry OAN, which was criticized for spreading false information about the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 presidential election, and its general spread of conspiracy theories, once its contract expires. OAN began airing on DirecTV in April 2017.

Why would you brag about a right wing network that supports Covid lies and believes Trump won? What does that say about you and your sources for news?

Now the chuckle is on you.

Reactions: cdwright40
Can't believe you would publicly admit watching OAN. In fact, you are bragging about its credibility which doesn't exist other than in your head. Check this nugget out you obviously don't know about but I got from MSM.

DirecTV will drop far-right cable news outlet One America News Network on Tuesday, April 4, according to Bloomberg’s Gerry Smith.

The satellite TV cable behemoth said earlier this year that it planned to no longer carry OAN, which was criticized for spreading false information about the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 presidential election, and its general spread of conspiracy theories, once its contract expires. OAN began airing on DirecTV in April 2017.

Why would you brag about a right wing network that supports Covid lies and believes Trump won? What does that say about you and your sources for news?

Yeah...these people are trouble.

This is by their own explanation an conservative news outlet. Most right now consider this party to have gone from a legitimate political party in the United States to a dumpster fire peddling right wing conspiracy theories. I used to consider myself a moderate and people that still do entertain this crap from left as well. Trying to "listen to the other sides pov". You guys that do that sound silly as ell. Their POV is clear. They think that Trump is president because the election was stolen from him no matter if 60 judges from both parties don't agree. These people allow this lie to continue by either staying silent or perpetuating it and hurting our democracy. Spitting on our constitution. They are at war with our constitution as LIz Cheney has said. These people are not interested in your truth. Stop entertaining their bullshit!

They are telling you Jan 6 was just a bunch of tourist. Newsmax and OAN are trafficking in this nonsense even though video footage was shown that this was a complete right wing shit show. All legitimate right wing people issued a letter to stop this crap. It's disrespectful to the police. It's disrespectful to our constitution.....and it is disrespectful to the American people at large. 150 plus republicans signed off on this letter. They will be breaking from this party and starting their own.

People that listen to this kind of propaganda are only part of the problem in my view.
Small minded contrarians like you are exactly whats wrong .
Pffft

Did Chris Wallace report that on the nightly CNN+ news?

Wow says a guy defending the party that by all accounts is going to be destroyed because their dotard leader and his lack of consciousness and displaying a 5 year olds level of intelligence.
Pedo and Laptop and fckup after fckup and he still can do no wrong.
I would be extremely embarrassed to be a liberal right now. Lies and criminal behavior. Greed no loyalty to the country or people who “elected” him.
I know everything is Putins fault. Or Trumps fault. Or Congress failing to pass 4 trillion dollar budget that supports the imbeciles in the blue districts and to cover their shortfalls.
Lol Defund the police. Now whatcha gonna do with 30% rise in crime? Releasing murderers. Rapist. Pedos—hell you guys elect pedos.
I can almost understand the craziness that is this administration. I cannot understand or forgive the inbreds that support it.

Wow says a guy defending the party that by all accounts is going to be destroyed because their dotard leader and his lack of consciousness and displaying a 5 year olds level of intelligence.
Pedo and Laptop and fckup after fckup and he still can do no wrong.
I would be extremely embarrassed to be a liberal right now. Lies and criminal behavior. Greed no loyalty to the country or people who “elected” him.
I know everything is Putins fault. Or Trumps fault. Or Congress failing to pass 4 trillion dollar budget that supports the imbeciles in the blue districts and to cover their shortfalls.
Lol Defund the police. Now whatcha gonna do with 30% rise in crime? Releasing murderers. Rapist. Pedos—hell you guys elect pedos.
I can almost understand the craziness that is this administration. I cannot understand or forgive the inbreds that support it.
Actually I don't blame Trump or Putin. I blame people that are stupid enough to put them office. That's the only real pushback to everything you have said here because instead of taking responsibility for horrible judgement you would rather say what about some dudes and his laptop....or what about Congress or whatabout some other president. NEVER taking personal RESPONSIBILITY!

Reactions: Hermbike and cems52
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT