ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mort has stage 4 throat cancer.

Not good. This is what my Grandpa that used to take me to Canes games died of. Miami won their first title just four months before he died and I remember how happy he was that day. Also remember him saying that day that he could die in peace now. He was such a loyal Canes fan and I sure miss him. Prayers to Chris and his family.

There are all kinds of throat cancer .. and there is a decent survival rate with aggressive treatment. Best of luck to Mort .. one of the most enjoyable of the analysts to listen to. Very balanced and credible.

There are all kinds of throat cancer .. and there is a decent survival rate with aggressive treatment. Best of luck to Mort .. one of the most enjoyable of the analysts to listen to. Very balanced and credible.
Yeah but he needs his throat to work.

Stage 4 can mean different things, it can describe the stage or a tumor or it can be stage 4 metastatic, which means it spread to other parts of his body. If the latter, the treatment is to prolong life not remission. Sad stuff, hope it's treatable.

Stage 4 is is as bad as it gets, chances are it's extend life and not cure At this point. I doubt we will see him on the air again. So sad, really liked his work.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Good non biased reporter! Wish him all the best!

One of the few that doesn't seem to put his ego before all else, comes across as a good, humble and respectful gentleman. Damn.

Edit: Had to retype a part of this, replacing "didn't" with "doesn't"...sigh

Reactions: 801canesmxer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT