ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sad news, Glenn Frey passes away

Canetogp...

Yes, he was. I got through college listening to that group. They had amazing stay power and then some. I think it was Showtime that aired a great 3 hour documentary on the history of the group. I imagine they may air it again soon.

I was not aware he was ill, ib fact, his passing was illness related. The news alert I saw did not give a cause of death.

Glenn RIP.

Go Canes!

Incredible... Just saw the Eagles about 6 months ago at the AAA and they all looked great with Joe Walsh playing with them. So glad I had a chance to see them all before this tragedy.
Now I wish I had gone to that concert, missed it.

Canetogp...

Yes, he was. I got through college listening to that group. They had amazing stay power and then some. I think it was Showtime that aired a great 3 hour documentary on the history of the group. I imagine they may air it again soon.

I was not aware he was ill, ib fact, his passing was illness related. The news alert I saw did not give a cause of death.

Glenn RIP.

Go Canes!
A sound that will just keep on living....

On another subject.....hope you and Honey are doing nimble finger exercises, to keep us updated for hardball.It is just around the corner, and the guys are going to make some noise this year, so get ready.......and as you always say......"Let's play ball!!!!!!......"

Update:

Jusr read Glenn passed from these complications:

Rheumatoid arthritis
Acute ulcerat8ve colitis
Pneumonia

He, Hendley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt were supposed to be honored at the Carter Center last month but the event was called off because of Frey's health.

Go Canes!

A sound that will just keep on living....

On another subject.....hope you and Honey are doing nimble finger exercises, to keep us updated for hardball.It is just around the corner, and the guys are going to make some noise this year, so get ready.......and as you always say......"Let's play ball!!!!!!......"

I am ready, Canestogo. We nay have to lift honey''s head off the bar at his fave watering hole but I bet he will be ready too.

Go Canes!

Reactions: Canetogo
and for those of you who follow the Marlins at all Juan Rodriguez lost his valiant fight with Cancer today. Praying peace that passes all understanding for the Frey and Rodriguez families.
Wow didn't even realize he was sick. I got a baseball signed by him, Jose Canseco, Juan Gonzalez & Mark McGuire when I was a kid. Still have it.

That is so sad on both fronts. Juan was a fun player to watch. Always played tough.

Glenn Frey is one of the best songwriters even in rock music.

Lord knows I will miss him, Even today their music is as good as it ever was. Once again I feel like our younger poster's are missing out on something that was great, I loved southern rock and still do. So many good group's back in the day, or should I say my day. May God bless you and keep you.

One hell of a talent but they were hell to work with. In the past week we've had Lemmy of Motorhead go, David Bowie and now Frey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT