ADVERTISEMENT

OT UPDATE 7/20 Miami Dolphins New National Anthem Policy - POS Ross now says he may not do anything

I forget the player's name but some guy with the Carolina Panthers (a DT?) said publicly he will continue to kneel during the anthem even if the policy forbids it.

Go Canes!
Yes i just saw that. I am so sick of this crap. You cannot do whatever you want at work. It as simple as that. If they are at their kids game and they want to sit down in the stands during the Anthem fine but they are at work. Bunch of A Holes.

I can't believe anyone cares what the athletes do during he national anthem. All they are doing is seeking attention. By making a big deal out of this, we are all giving them the attention they seek.

And I can see this going sideways pretty quickly when the entire team kneels and gives a big middle finger to this policy.

Reactions: SolarCane
I can't believe anyone cares what the athletes do during he national anthem. All they are doing is seeking attention. By making a big deal out of this, we are all giving them the attention they seek.

And I can see this going sideways pretty quickly when the entire team kneels and gives a big middle finger to this policy.
Let them, they will just fine them all.

Its a matter of respect. They do it because they feel disrespected and I get it. Im not blind and I understand this issue needs to be addressed BUT

What about that widow that is at the game with her kids that lost her husband in a war and you have these POS players kneeling and basically shitting on her husband and the flag that he lost his life for.

NOT COOL !!!

Reactions: mnrichards
I understand the the reasoning. The anthem issue is turning off fans and the CTE issue just compounds the problem for the NFL. Participation in youth football across the nation is down. If things don't change Pro Football will decline just like pro boxing in the US did.

I read somewhere that Lacrosse has surged in popularity the last couple of years.I tried watching it once and did not see the appeal, though, I did notice that most if not all the players were white.

Its a matter of respect. They do it because they feel disrespected and I get it. Im not blind and I understand this issue needs to be addressed BUT

What about that widow that is at the game with her kids that lost her husband in a war and you have these POS players kneeling and basically shitting on her husband and the flag that he lost his life for.

NOT COOL !!!
They aren't disrespecting the widow or the flag. That's faux right wing outrage. Since when has taking a knee meant disrespect? People kneel in respect to God every Sunday.

Fact is, because of the amount of respect they have for the principles of this country, they are protesting during the anthem because they do not believe the country is living up to its principles.

Last edited:
I understand the the reasoning. The anthem issue is turning off fans and the CTE issue just compounds the problem for the NFL. Participation in youth football across the nation is down. If things don't change Pro Football will decline just like pro boxing in the US did.

I read somewhere that Lacrosse has surged in popularity the last couple of years.I tried watching it once and did not see the appeal, though, I did notice that most if not all the players were white.
So whats going to be the meal ticket for these players when the NFL goes away ?

Our flag stands for more than those who served our country. It is supposed to represent freedom, equality, and the right to have an opinion contrary to the masses. Protesting during the anthem and supporting our war veterans are not mutually exclusive positions. Walk in another person’s shoes before you condemn based on your viewpoint of the world or what you believe their actions represent.

Our flag stands for more than those who served our country. It is supposed to represent freedom, equality, and the right to have an opinion contrary to the masses. Protesting during the anthem and supporting our war veterans are not mutually exclusive positions. Walk in another person’s shoes before you condemn based on your viewpoint of the world or what you believe their actions represent.
Damn Obama where have you been.

First guy to public with this kind of thing always takes criticism but they will be in the majority soon .... don’t think the owners didn’t discuss this at their meetings

First guy to public with this kind of thing always takes criticism but they will be in the majority soon .... don’t think the owners didn’t discuss this at their meetings
They all have to announce their policies before the season starts. The Dolphins were leaked to AP by someone.

THIS WILL BE THE END OF THE NFL!! LOOK FOR A REAL JOB,TAKE A KNEE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS-YOUR FIRED!!!

Why just kneel. Why not burn a flag on the sideline or drop their pants and take a poop on it. Quit beating around the bush, you guys are just like the rest of the losers that you see marching and yelling Pigs in a Blanket. You guys are an embarrassment to this great Country.
My Lord you are triggered.

They aren't doing any of those things because it is not their intention to disrespect anyone.

Get a grip on yourself.

The Dolphins will suspend players up to 4 games for protesting during the National Anthem. It will be based on Conduct Detrimental to Ball Club.

Good For Them - USA !
Figured you would like that! What happened to freedom of expression especially when you have a Nazi wanna be as president!

Looks like the NFLPA is opposing the Dolphins restrictions. Never saw that one coming.

These owners are the only ones keeping the story alive by their questionable rules. Maybe next time they will actually have a specific rule in the CBA.

Figured you would like that! What happened to freedom of expression especially when you have a Nazi wanna be as president!
The reason we have the Nazi wannabe as president is exactly because people are tired of this BS. Dont you see it? Not to say the issues are not important but demonstrate it in other ways. I came here as a Cuban refugee and I am damn proud of what this country has done for me. U may find ways to justify it (freedom of expression) but this is guttural and in the long run it will turn around and bite you.

Class of 73

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT