ADVERTISEMENT

Proof Iran bombed US related oil tanker

Weren’t we duped with the BS argument about “weapons of mass destruction” once before? Led to war in Iraq. How did that work out? Gave rise to Isis in the Middle East as the Sunnis were evicted from power in Iraq. They then struck back against their Shiite blood enemies in the region. Chaos and bloodshed.

With that background, why would European allies (or US citizens regardless of their political persuasion) believe Pompeo’s version of events in the Straits of Hormuz? They won’t. Why? Pompeo tries to bully people while his colleague Bolton has zero credibility. Bolton likes to rattle his sword way beyond his authority. The boss of Pompeo and Bolton has no credibility. Renegs on prior US commitments. Can’t be trusted. There is no credibility here.

We have no allies nor strong rationale for beating the Iranians on the head. That’s just mindless talk.

Have you forgotten that the Iranians broke all international laws when they held our embassy people hostage for 444 days? I would say we owe them a big one.

No No No .....we present you w/ facts and in turn you spin to fit your narrative while never addressing the issues or answering the question at hand.......truth hurts facts are facts........this is why you guys are all Moon Batt Liberals.........
The evidence presented by Pompeo is sketchy at best. You call your evidence facts only to sweeten the pot for the audience of one, #45

Have you forgotten that the Iranians broke all international laws when they held our embassy people hostage for 444 days? I would say we owe them a big one.
They held our embassy people hostage because we supported an unpopular regime, Shah Mohammed Reza Palavi, the Shah of Iran.

They held our embassy people hostage because we supported an unpopular regime, Shah Mohammed Reza Palavi, the Shah of Iran.
Of course it’s our fault, we’re always the ones in the wrong, 911 was because of U.S. foreign policy, the chickens came home to roost.

False... and an unpopular regime can be voted out of office in a republic. Not overthrown by a bunch of crazy radicals. By the way how would you know if the Shah was unpopular? Unpopular with who??? The radicals? Lol see you always play on words. They’re nothing more than disguised lies.

Reactions: GLFSTRM and grbcane

It doesn't matter. They broke all international laws in doing so. Don't make excuses for them. They broke into our embassy upon the orders of the very radical Ayatollah Komeneiii. That embassy was U.S. territory.
It's the first and only time in history that the people of one country broke into the embassy of a foreign country.

Tiv,

By your logic......the Japanese bombed us at Pearl Harbor in an illegal sneak attack before WWII began for the US.

Do you think we should now lob a nuke into Tokyo in a cool and justified payback move? LOL.

Tiv,

By your logic......the Japanese bombed us at Pearl Harbor in an illegal sneak attack before WWII began for the US.

Do you think we should now lob a nuke into Tokyo in a cool and justified payback move? LOL.

Tiv,

cortez The sneak attack on Pearl Harbor drove us into World War II, where we defeated both Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany. A lot of blood was spilled on both sides.
And now Japan and Germany are two of our strongest allies.

Reactions: grbcane

Tiv,

In the early 1970s, President Nixon ordered the illegal bombing of Cambodia which was not a party in our undeclared war against Vietnam. He then hid this bombing from the American people. He covered up the crime.

Do you think this illegality now gives the government of Cambodia the right to attack the US in some way “to give us a big one?”

Gotta say that your logic for military retribution today 30 plus years after the offense is shaky.

False... and an unpopular regime can be voted out of office in a republic. Not overthrown by a bunch of crazy radicals. By the way how would you know if the Shah was unpopular? Unpopular with who??? The radicals? Lol see you always play on words. They’re nothing more than disguised lies.
Cash, the US made the Shah a puppet govt to control the oil prices & preventing Iran from nationalizing oil prices. The Iranian people knew it. So much for them being crazy radicals.
Prior to 1953 the west, mainly Great Brittain, had a good relationship with Iran. The company, which is now called BP, monopolized Irans oil economy. Also just prior to 1953, the democratically elected & secular PM, Mohammed Mossadeq, planned to nationalize Iranian oil. That would be a death sentence for any oil company.
The CIA tried to stage a coup in late 1953 but failed. The CIA was successful in late 1954. The plan was to take out the ones that didn't share the same capitalistic views with US oil companies.
Fast forward to early 2018 when Iran announced they were no longer trading using the US doll ar & went Euro instead.
We love to wage war against a different type of economy.
We also keep hearing Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism. False. Its the Saudis. They keep pointing the finger at Iran.
Iran claims to have arrested an entire spy network that is affiliated with the CIA. Yet we hear Pompeo say his administration is going to use cyberware against Iran. Pompeo is reaching

Tiv,

In the early 1970s, President Nixon ordered the illegal bombing of Cambodia which was not a party in our undeclared war against Vietnam. He then hid this bombing from the American people. He covered up the crime.

Do you think this illegality now gives the government of Cambodia the right to attack the US in some way “to give us a big one?”

Gotta say that your logic for military retribution today 30 plus years after the offense is shaky.

cortez, NIxon oversaw the most corrupt administration in the history of our country. And you could say the Vietnam War was one big mistake. He bombed Cambodia because that country had allowed the North Vietnamese Army to set up shop there. So Cambodia was guilty of that. He was actually bombing the North Vietnamese Army inside Cambodia.
And Cambodia doesn't have the military to inflict a single casualty on our country. So that's a moot point.

Cash, the US made the Shah a puppet govt to control the oil prices & preventing Iran from nationalizing oil prices. The Iranian people knew it. So much for them being crazy radicals.
Prior to 1953 the west, mainly Great Brittain, had a good relationship with Iran. The company, which is now called BP, monopolized Irans oil economy. Also just prior to 1953, the democratically elected & secular PM, Mohammed Mossadeq, planned to nationalize Iranian oil. That would be a death sentence for any oil company.
The CIA tried to stage a coup in late 1953 but failed. The CIA was successful in late 1954. The plan was to take out the ones that didn't share the same capitalistic views with US oil companies.
Fast forward to early 2018 when Iran announced they were no longer trading using the US doll ar & went Euro instead.
We love to wage war against a different type of economy.
We also keep hearing Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism. False. Its the Saudis. They keep pointing the finger at Iran.
Iran claims to have arrested an entire spy network that is affiliated with the CIA. Yet we hear Pompeo say his administration is going to use cyberware against Iran. Pompeo is reaching
lmao we have sanctions against Iran so of course they’d switch currency. By the way the oil market is controlled by the US Dollar so your summation is wildly ignorant. We don’t do business with Iran as part of our sanctions.

So would you say you got a bad quote from google or did you completely pull that from your ass? Asking for friend?

And yes radicals: “Two weeks later, Islamic religious leader Ayatollah Khomeini returns from exile. Following a referendum, the Islamic Republic of Iran is proclaimed on 1 April.”

Iran is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world. Absolutely true and it’s not even close. Saudi Arabia has done a lot to curtail their extremist but yes they’re responsible also.

lmao we have sanctions against Iran so of course they’d switch currency. By the way the oil market is controlled by the US Dollar so your summation is wildly ignorant. We don’t do business with Iran as part of our sanctions.

So would you say you got a bad quote from google or did you completely pull that from your ass? Asking for friend?

And yes radicals: “Two weeks later, Islamic religious leader Ayatollah Khomeini returns from exile. Following a referendum, the Islamic Republic of Iran is proclaimed on 1 April.”

Iran is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world. Absolutely true and it’s not even close. Saudi Arabia has done a lot to curtail their extremist but yes they’re responsible also.
Cash, last I checked #45 tore up the Iran deal which also meant the US stood alone because they didn't collaborate with European allies. Our allies didn't agree with #45. Its been #45s plan to force Iran into a conflict. Needless to say the relationship between the US & Iran has been contentuous.

Cash, last I checked #45 tore up the Iran deal which also meant the US stood alone because they didn't collaborate with European allies. Our allies didn't agree with #45. Its been #45s plan to force Iran into a conflict. Needless to say the relationship between the US & Iran has been contentuous.

Cash,a bad quote is assuming Iranians are crazy radicals which you said in a earlier post. I wont go so far to say you pulled that from your ass. You are trying to prove you do your best work when you fall "behind".I see you've tried many times

It's been contentous since 1979 when Iranian militants stormed our embassy and held our embassy people hostage for 444 days. Iran started this conflict, not us. And they have wanted to conquer the entire Persian Gulf for more than 1,000 years.
Plus they are the world's leading sponsor of terrorism and have been for many years.

We tore it up because it was a free pass for Iran with no checks and balances setup but Valerie Jarrett and Obama. It was not even a reasonable deal. If Iran decides sides they want their ass kicked, we will kick it.

Tiv,

I respect that you have a passionate political perspective, great enthusiasm and some historical knowledge. That’s good stuff.

But, you and Cash feed and reinforce each other in a type of Fox News echo chamber. No outside influence or nuance from different perspectives. Don’t you worry that you might be missing a different point of view?

I can’t stand MSNBC or the left stereotypes of rich people or big corporations trumpeted by Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders. But, the Trump/Fox line of attack is simplistic in the extreme and meanspirited to all those with a different take.

Reactions: Cane Attack
Tiv,

I respect that you have a passionate political perspective, great enthusiasm and some historical knowledge. That’s good stuff.

But, you and Cash feed and reinforce each other in a type of Fox News echo chamber. No outside influence or nuance from different perspectives. Don’t you worry that you might be missing a different point of view?

I can’t stand MSNBC or the left stereotypes of rich people or big corporations trumpeted by Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders. But, the Trump/Fox line of attack is simplistic in the extreme and meanspirited to all those with a different take.
My experience with Iran is mostly through Hezbollah which I have experience dealing with here in the United States. If you want more info in that look up Wissam Taysir Hammoud.

I have firestick and the only news channel I have access to is cnn through sling so I don’t watch the “news”.

My experience with Iran is mostly through Hezbollah which I have experience dealing with here in the United States. If you want more info in that look up Wissam Taysir Hammoud.

I have firestick and the only news channel I have access to is cnn through sling so I don’t watch the “news”.
There’s really no point in watching main stream news, unless it’s FOX. Who wants to be lied to? You can if it makes you feel well rounded, but most of us have a pretty good BS meter, and it’s evident that it’s nothing but a waste of time.

There’s really no point in watching main stream news, unless it’s FOX. Who wants to be lied to? You can if it makes you feel well rounded, but most of us have a pretty good BS meter, and it’s evident that it’s nothing but a waste of time.
Most conservatives have a good BS meter.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Iran escalations, war hawks raise suspicions.
I admit to being very suspicious of #45. Right now, he is acting as if he is hesitant to go to war with Iran. But going back to one of his 1st acts as POTUS, he canceled the agreement to contain Iran's nuclear ambitions signed under then POTUS Barack Obama.
Then he hired John Bolton as National Security advisor. Bolton has wanted war with Iran for more than 20 years. Mike Pompeo, another war hawk, is Secretary of State. And just recently #45 appointed a former Raytheon lobbyist, Mark Esper, to be acting Secretary of Defense. Raytheon is one of the largest weapons manufacturers in the world.
There has been 2,500 US troops sent to the middle east thus far. Could the scenario be a confrontation in time for the 4th of July? Trump already is having a military parade and giving a speech. Could a national emergency be declared and voting suspended for the 2020 race??

Guaranteed Trump will hit back in a very decimating way sooner than later. The US Navy has been waiting for a chance to wax somebody’s ass and I think they’ll get their chance.

Our military doesn’t sit around and wait for a chance to wax somebody’s a$$ Cash. It’s not as tho they’re itching to do it. At least not the adult leadership. On the contrary.

Go ask any senior military leader.

Last edited:
Tiv,

cortez I can see that you are historically and politically savvy. And please know that I have great respect for your point of view. I watch both CNN and FOX.
I am open to political views that are different from my own. What I don't like are extremists on either side. I tune those out.
Like I said earlier, I respect your point of view and in fact agree with you on some key issues.

Reactions: cortez55403

Cash, Iran announce Monday. Well after Trump scuttled the agreement. Israel says they have troves of intel prove that Iran violated the agreement before Trump scuttled the plan. Ahhhh ok, what would you expect Israel to say? Agree that Iran was compliant? Not on your life.

That said, until I see US intel verification of noncompliance, I gotta believe that they were compliant up until Trump's scuttle. Because every other bit of info I've read or heard states that Iran was compliant. Doesn't 100% mean they were. Means I haven't seen anything to the contrary except this Newsweek piece.

This is about survival of Israel. I get that. But if it comes down to a disagreement in the intel reports, I go with ours 100%. If post Trump scuttle our Intel indicates Iran is near or on the verge, or even driving toward a bomb, then I would not oppose action. But we haven't reached that point, and I still believe diplomacy is our best COA vs. potential all out war. Diplomacy is unlikely to happen with Kushner, Ivanka, Bolton, and to lesser degree Pompeo calling the shots. So I'm hopeful we can avert all-out war before we get some adult leadership in the WH......2020.

Cash, Iran announce Monday. Well after Trump scuttled the agreement. Israel says they have troves of intel prove that Iran violated the agreement before Trump scuttled the plan. Ahhhh ok, what would you expect Israel to say? Agree that Iran was compliant? Not on your life.

That said, until I see US intel verification of noncompliance, I gotta believe that they were compliant up until Trump's scuttle. Because every other bit of info I've read or heard states that Iran was compliant. Doesn't 100% mean they were. Means I haven't seen anything to the contrary except this Newsweek piece.

This is about survival of Israel. I get that. But if it comes down to a disagreement in the intel reports, I go with ours 100%. If post Trump scuttle our Intel indicates Iran is near or on the verge, or even driving toward a bomb, then I would not oppose action. But we haven't reached that point, and I still believe diplomacy is our best COA vs. potential all out war. Diplomacy is unlikely to happen with Kushner, Ivanka, Bolton, and to lesser degree Pompeo calling the shots. So I'm hopeful we can avert all-out war before we get some adult leadership in the WH......2020.
You absolutely missed the point of what I posted and it’s been posted several times in this thread. Why would we have to initiate an attack when Israel and Saudi Arabia would gladly do it for us. They’re the ones with the most at stake with Iran.

i give you this Cash, you are one of
You absolutely missed the point of what I posted and it’s been posted several times in this thread. Why would we have to initiate an attack when Israel and Saudi Arabia would gladly do it for us. They’re the ones with the most at stake with Iran.

No, I read that several days ago. Cash, that will never-ever happen where Israel and the Saudis take on Iran on their own and everybody else stays on the sidelines. You know that. If you think the Russians and the Chinese would sit idly by, not to mention Hezbollah and Hamas, possibly Syria, you're dead wrong. Somehow, in some way each would be involved. If Iran gets close to a bomb, verifiable by US Intelligence, then it would be nice if Israel could swoop in and take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, but that is tricky at best. I read that one coastal Iranian nuclear power plant (this is not a bomb-maker; just a power plant) would be an unlikely target because a radioactive plume as a result of a fire (think Chernobyl) could spread across Israel. Also, some of Iran's nuclear enrichment centrifuges are in underground facilities, hardened, and immune to a conventional strike. These are the facilities Israel would want destroyed. But none of this will happen without our support, w/o drawing us in Cash, and then Pandora's Box is wide open "ripe" for a potential WWIII.

Iran and Russia are strategic allies and form an axis in the Caucasus alongside Armenia. Moscow and Tehran are also military allies in the conflicts in Syria and Iraq and partners in Afghanistan and post-Soviet Central Asia.

Jmo

You can have the last word. I'll read it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT