ADVERTISEMENT

Red Sox Pitcher Out For Season with COVID related heart issue

jdx2112

SuperCane
Dec 30, 2019
The Boston Red Sox have ruled out the return of their top starting pitcher for the 2020 season.

Chief Baseball Officer Chaim Bloom said that left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez will not play this year, after developing a heart issue following his bout with COVID-19.

In before LOUNGE!!!:

Long term effects of Covid despite lack of hospitalization are a real concern for college athletes.

Reactions: SolarCane
Reactions: canegrad09
Every time your ill, including a cold it breaks down your body and you have long- term negative effect on your body and organs.
How often does that sideline a professional pitcher for a season?

How often does that sideline a professional pitcher for a season?
Nobody knows if he had an undiscovered condition beforehand. Like the sad stories that happen seemingly once a year of a high school athlete that dies after practice and the autopsy finds a heart issue.

I don't know if he did but it is certainly possible.

Nobody knows if he had an undiscovered condition beforehand. Like the sad stories that happen seemingly once a year of a high school athlete that dies after practice and the autopsy finds a heart issue.

I don't know if he did but it is certainly possible.
Nobody knows...I don't know...

So instead of simply taking this as a bad sign, a professional athlete with a heart condition related to the virus, not stand-alone, not pre-existing, but COVID related and you just think there's too much we don't know to be sure.

You're a joke.

Nobody knows...I don't know...

So instead of simply taking this as a bad sign, a professional athlete with a heart condition related to the virus, not stand-alone, not pre-existing, but COVID related and you just think there's too much we don't know to be sure.

You're a joke.
The joke is you trying to turn a single instance into the end of the world. What about the hundreds of professional athletes worldwide that have had the virus and not had a heart issue? It's more likely that there was something different about this athlete.

Nice to start saying you don't know but then stating for a fact that there was no pre-existing condition and it was definitely covid related.

The Boston Red Sox have ruled out the return of their top starting pitcher for the 2020 season.

Chief Baseball Officer Chaim Bloom said that left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez will not play this year, after developing a heart issue following his bout with COVID-19.
Good for the Rays! Hope he ends up being ok!

My wife has a 28 year old pt in icu right now with a massive pericardial effusion due to complications from corona. No known history of any cardiac issues.

3t54ms.jpg
haha-op-a-fagget-as-always-haha-wait-i-am-the-op-shit_o_4098667.jpg

So abnormal that a google search turns up pages of healthcare stuff indicating viral infection as a cause. Not just covid, but tons of cases of people with other viruses, influenza, etc. So if other viruses can cause it why is it such a shock that covid does?

Reactions: Omnipoint
yep, this is the problem: even for a young, healthy athlete like Rodriguez, this virus does not just have binary consequences: you die or you recover and are fine afterwards.

nope, this thing can screw up your organs like the heart, lungs, kidneys, for life.

Reactions: jdx2112
Yanks Chatman got into the best shape of his life while he was out with COVID. He be back.

Trump tool to the end!!

No Trump tool, just logical. This virus has been way overblown since the beginning; its is very serious for a segment of the population, but not young health people. Nobody wants to get sick, including me, but no reason to shutdown everything for a disease that has a 1.4 % mortality rate and avg age of death is 79.8. Resume life with safety protocols; including going to school and playing sports.

yeah and I am voting solely because i do not want to end up like France, canada or worse china with a radical left regime.

Reactions: mahb
yep, this is the problem: even for a young, healthy athlete like Rodriguez, this virus does not just have binary consequences: you die or you recover and are fine afterwards.

nope, this thing can screw up your organs like the heart, lungs, kidneys, for life.
Yep

hospitalization and cases have been going down recently
Absolutely this is true. But nobody in the media want to talk about this. This is clearly some progress, and it happening without shutting everything down. That is a big deal! It's because people are wising up and acting smarter.

Deaths will decline eventually but we all know they lag a few weeks behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT