ADVERTISEMENT

Rich California Demi's prefer to live with animals that can eat them rather than poor people

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wealthy-silicon-valley-town-blocked-155024728.html

Classic woke California libbies found a way around have that yucky affordable housing come to their neighborhood. Declared their town a mountain lion santuary.
The thought of having to have a "insert favorite democrat - we love you, vote for us - minority group" living next door is so bad they will risk the family pet or child being eaten.
Wow what wonderful people that the Pelosi Newsome group are. They don't allow the illegal aliens that live in a sanctuary city downtown San Fran to live in their own kind of sanctuary city.

I live in California, I love it, I thought we werent supposed to post politics....I guess I was wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wealthy-silicon-valley-town-blocked-155024728.html

Classic woke California libbies found a way around have that yucky affordable housing come to their neighborhood. Declared their town a mountain lion santuary.
The thought of having to have a "insert favorite democrat - we love you, vote for us - minority group" living next door is so bad they will risk the family pet or child being eaten.
Wow what wonderful people that the Pelosi Newsome group are. They don't allow the illegal aliens that live in a sanctuary city downtown San Fran to live in their own kind of sanctuary city.

17. Want a shock? I totally agree with you.

Woodside is an extremely wealthy town of 5,000 just outside of Palo Alto. It’s quite woodsy with large lots, room for horses, etc. Larry Ellison of Oracle lives there as does that famous felon, Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos. I went to a wedding there in November on a 100 acre historic estate. It’s on the market for $110 million.

No question that town residents tried to protect themselves from denser development (ie poorer people) by wrapping themselves in environmental laws protecting mountain lions. Luckily, it didn’t work as the California AG stepped in to nix the town’s plans.

Good, innovative try. But, no cigar for town residents.

Woodside is an extremely wealthy town of 5,000 just outside of Palo Alto. It’s quite woodsy with large lots, room for horses, etc. Larry Ellison of Oracle lives there as does that famous felon, Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos. I went to a wedding there in November on a 100 acre historic estate. It’s on the market for $110 million.

No question that town residents tried to protect themselves from denser development (ie poorer people) by wrapping themselves in environmental laws protecting mountain lions. Luckily, it didn’t work as the California AG stepped in to nix the town’s plans.

Details on the wedding?

Details on the wedding?
6882, not quite sure about the “details” you’re seeking, eg, wine, catering, style, politics? Some highlights:

*all outdoors in lush garden atmosphere of this 1910 estate. Woodside was a summer escape destination for extremely wealthy San Francisco families of that era. As you probably know, SF is very chilly in May-June as the coastal fog rolls in every day. Woodside is much sunnier and warmer.

*Black Tie event. So grateful that mine still fit after it’s last use 10 years ago. (though it was a bit snug.). All guests had to submit online proof of vaccination before the event. This is California after all

*Fresh and delicious food, all in the Alice Waters way (founder of the Chez Panisse California-Provençal style.). Not stiff or formal. Vegetarian options, of course. Billecart Salmon Champagne. Yes!🥂🍾

*Warm familial atmosphere. Speeches were both funny and touching as the married couple met in 5th grade but only started dating post college. Super fun night.

Last edited:

Cortez,
LOL! As the old saying - a stopped watch is right twice a day. So we will agree sometimes.

The "protect the endangered species" angle was amusing, but the underlying issue is an important one that we might have an intelligent post discourse on sometime. I am very concerned about the federal government getting involved in local zoning issues. If a community decides wants to have a minimum of 10,000 Square foot homes and at least 3 acre lots, that should be the local citizens' business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT