ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Ginger Baker

Loved Cream and actually saw them. During a time of great rock drummers Keith Moon, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell he still stood out. Thanks for the memories. RIP
They are supposed to play here soon at Parker Playhouse I believe..........Now not so sure.

Loved Cream and actually saw them. During a time of great rock drummers Keith Moon, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell he still stood out. Thanks for the memories. RIP
Buddy Guy at Broward Performing Arts Center in March

Yes there was.

I believe Steve Winwood was in that band also.

Made two albums Winwood was in the original along with Rich Grech both from Blind Faith. Denny Lane ( original Moody Blues later Wings ) Chris Wood reed instruments ( Original Traffic ) were other notables in band.

Last edited:
Reactions: 801canesmxer
Buddy Guy at Broward Performing Arts Center in March

Funny I’ve seen Guy maybe 3x. I was always more of a Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and to some extent BB King. Buddy does certain songs “ Fever “ for example that blow me away but some how I’m not in a hurry to see him again. Enjoy the show. Heard him tell a great story. He was headlining a gig and people kept telling him you got to see this guy that’s opening. He says I’m like I’m Buddy Guy what do I care about some opening act. He goes out during opening set and says to himself, Who’s this dude never saw anything like it. It was Jimi Hendrix

Reactions: HJCane
Funny I’ve seen Guy maybe 3x. I was always more of a Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and to some extent BB King. Buddy does certain songs “ Fever “ for example that blow me away but some how I’m not in a hurry to see him again. Enjoy the show. Heard him tell a great story. He was headlining a gig and people kept telling him you got to see this guy that’s opening. He says I’m like I’m Buddy Guy what do I care about some opening act. He goes out during opening set and says to himself, Who’s this dude never saw anything like it. It was Jimi Hendrix
Another great show for you November 8th at the Filmore Miami Beach is Thievery Corp. and Karl Denson Tiny Universe is opening. Highly recommend you catch that show they are fantastic.

Another great show for you November 8th at the Filmore Miami Beach is Thievery Corp. and Karl Denson Tiny Universe is opening. Highly recommend you catch that show they are fantastic.

Thanks, not really familiar but will check this out. Was back at Jersey shore for summer between AC, Philly and smaller venues I was averaging close to three shows a week. I’ll be 67 soon but never stopped enjoying a live show. Lots of my crowd got snobby about classic rock bands I never did they were great but still plenty of bands still making great music. Thx again for the suggestion

Thanks, not really familiar but will check this out. Was back at Jersey shore for summer between AC, Philly and smaller venues I was averaging close to three shows a week. I’ll be 67 soon but never stopped enjoying a live show. Lots of my crowd got snobby about classic rock bands I never did they were great but still plenty of bands still making great music. Thx again for the suggestion
I’m 58 still going to music festivals. Catching Dead and Company on Halloween at The Garden NY. Catch Thievery great stuff

I’m 58 still going to music festivals. Catching Dead and Company on Halloween at The Garden NY. Catch Thievery great stuff

Saw the Greatful Dead with Hendrix , Steve Miller, Cactus and about three other bands I can’t remember. Stadium was half full 5-16-70 Temple Stadium Philly. Last of four times I saw Hendrix. Stadium long gone.

I remember Winwood with The Spencer Davies Group. I don't think he was with them for too long. I still remember their hit single "Gimmie Some lovin" , one my all time favorites

He was like 14 then. During their shows they would do now featuring Steve on just pick the instrument. He is a rock God, even on Hendrix Vodoo Chile. Couple years ago he toured and opened for Petty. Nothing against Petty but I Think that’s a rock travesty

Reactions: hawaiian cane
He was like 14 then. During their shows they would do now featuring Steve on just pick the instrument. He is a rock God, even on Hendrix Vodoo Chile. Couple years ago he toured and opened for Petty. Nothing against Petty but I Think that’s a rock travesty
ZEKE, I remember Windwood recorded a song "I Cant Find My Way Home." I cant remember the year nor do I remember what group.

Winwood in his early years played in a band that would be the band for singers like Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry when they would come to tour the UK.

Then all the other bands was was in that have been mentioned, like said above played with Hendrix and has I thought a solid solo career.

The man was a musical genius.

Blind Faith best one album group ever. Winwood , Clapton , Baker and Rich Grech on bass

Little Rock trivia for you. I hitchhiked from AC to Philly to see Blind Faith. Opening act for only North American tour was legend Rory Gallagher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT