ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Ginsburg Dies at 87....Let's see if Trump tries to ram this through

I say they should, you know the Democrats would, only Republicans are held to a higher standard. The Democrats never worry about being political.
Nevermind, you are correct. Mitch is running with it right now from what I am reading.

They do the same thing under any circumstances, go ahead and do it, put right to life front and center, and let the Democrats act like idiots, it’s what they do best.

Trump, McConnell and the Reps MUST confirm a justice for the sake of the country. It is highly possible that there could be election cases that would go immediately to the Supreme Court. What would happen if the Supreme Court had a 4-4 tie on an election siding issue? Whichever side you are on, I would think any sane person would agree that a deadlocked court on a election deciding issue could create a civil war. At the least there would be widespread violence and a real possibility of Martial Law being needed. .

Trump, McConnell and the Reps MUST confirm a justice for the sake of the country. It is highly possible that there could be election cases that would go immediately to the Supreme Court. What would happen if the Supreme Court had a 4-4 tie on an election siding issue? Whichever side you are on, I would think any sane person would agree that a deadlocked court on a election deciding issue could create a civil war. At the least there would be widespread violence and a real possibility of Martial Law being needed. .

I can't see there being any reason to nominate someone until there's a new President. If McConnell tries, it will backfire since he doesn't have the votes and it would only hurt vulnerable Republicans in November.

They need to, I wish there weren’t so many spineless republicans. We’re going to be hearing a lot of BS about should and shouldn’t, but the constitution is on Trump’s side if he moves forward on the nomination.

My prediction is there will be no vote before the election. However, should Trump lose and/or the Republicans lose the senate expect a vote during the lame duck session. Which means Trump will get his 3rd Supreme Court pick before he's sent to prison.

I thought the same thing, this massive ballet ideal of the dems with a new justice is gonna backfire. It is like GOD is paving the way sorta.

Reactions: central17
My prediction is there will be no vote before the election. However, should Trump lose and/or the Republicans lose the senate expect a vote during the lame duck session. Which means Trump will get his 3rd Supreme Court pick before he's sent to prison.
Roe vs Wade is a goner

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
They need to, I wish there weren’t so many spineless republicans. We’re going to be hearing a lot of BS about should and shouldn’t, but the constitution is on Trump’s side if he moves forward on the nomination.
Susan Collins is a good as dead if she confirms this. She may be dead already so it would be a nice last trip for her.

I can't see there being any reason to nominate someone until there's a new President. If McConnell tries, it will backfire since he doesn't have the votes and it would only hurt vulnerable Republicans in November.
Probably, but just solidified the church vote of anyone on the fence for Trump. It may be worth the political hit even though Trump wont get anything done in his second term. Biden gives a list it will be more votes for Trump as well.

Susan Collins is a good as dead if she confirms this. She may be dead already so it would be a nice last trip for her.

If she doesn't vote to confirm, she definately loses as she alienates her suppotters. Dem's will not vote for her in any case, so she is best voting for a qualified candidate. I think she will and be re elected to the Senate.

Politics is more interesting than sports lately. Always something brewing from fake stories to hit jobs to cat and mouse stimulus games. The way Trump has played chess during his office is masterful to say the least.

If she doesn't vote to confirm, she definately loses as she alienates her suppotters. Dem's will not vote for her in any case, so she is best voting for a qualified candidate. I think she will and be re elected to the Senate.
Susan Collins reelected? You're joking right? She's a gonna.

Looks like we may get our Civil War 2.0. Lets roll if we gotta roll

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire ****ing thing down.</p>&mdash; Reza Aslan (@rezaaslan) <a href="">September 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Little off topic but I wonder if there should be some limits to serving on the bench or Presidency. This woman was 87 years old. I have been around people that old and I certainly wouldnt want them deciding the fate of our country. Your mind goes as you get older.

Looks like we may get our Civil War 2.0. Lets roll if we gotta roll

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire ****ing thing down.</p>&mdash; Reza Aslan (@rezaaslan) <a href=" ">September 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This year sucks. I just want to live in peace and enjoy my family. ****ing people ruin everything.

This year sucks. I just want to live in peace and enjoy my family. ****ing people ruin everything.
They get goofy Trump wont ask for permission for military for something like this. He will stomp it out quick if they start burning shit again and 65% of America will support him.

Little off topic but I wonder if there should be some limits to serving on the bench or Presidency. This woman was 87 years old. I have been around people that old and I certainly wouldnt want them deciding the fate of our country. Your mind goes as you get older.
I thought the same thing. I mean a commercial airline pilot has to retire at 65. To be serving on the highest Court in the Land in your 80's, 87 in this case, is absurd.

Reactions: 6882 and central17
RIP RBG. Now sit back and watch Trump play this like the genius he is. Play it like he’s going to nominate someone and let the libs set their hair on fire for a week. Then come out and say he will hold off until he’s re-elected.maybe break the news at the debate. This will bring back any evangelicals that were wavering and also bring over the prolife Dems to our side. As well as bring the law and order back to the forefront along with economy which doesn’t give Dems time to focus on COVID. Trumps numbers for handling COVID will go way up in the coming weeks with deaths cases and hospitalizations down and a vaccine imminent Landslide victory is on the way. Red tsunami. Surfs up Nov 3.

Last edited:
What to you mean how? You don't know how this works? Like I said....this is an election going on and if it doesn't poll well in their district to do it then they won't do it. It's politics. Mitt Romney isn't going to blindly shove it through for example.

RIP RBG. Now sit back and watch Trump play this like the genius he is. Play it like he’s going to nominate someone and let the libs set their hair on fire for a week. Then come out and say he will hold off until he’s re-elected.maybe break the news at the debate. This will bring back any evangelicals that were wavering and also bring over the prolife Dems to our side. As well as bring the law and order back to the forefront along with economy which doesn’t give Dems time to focus on COVID. Trumps numbers for handling COVID will go way up in the coming weeks with deaths cases and hospitalizations down and a vaccine imminent Landslide victory is on the way. Red tsunami. Surfs up Nov 3.
I like it! Always blows my mind when the liberals on here say trump is dumb. Like so many other things they think that if it’s said enough and loud enough and on tv, people will have no choice but to believe it. Beautiful thing is that in 2020 there are enough resources that people no longer rely on tv for their info. That and trump has single handedly exposed the mainstream media for being a liberal Propaganda machine which takes away their credibility. People just aren’t going to “the news” for their news like they use to.

Reactions: edtuna
This is what you get when you fucck with the BULL you get gorged ...

Trump will ram a justice in and he should because of the way he has been treated ..

Paybacks are a bitch...!!!!

Reactions: edtuna
This is what you get when you fucck with the BULL you get gorged ...

Trump will ram a justice in and he should because of the way he has been treated ..

Paybacks are a bitch...!!!!

This wouldn’t be payback given that they just did something similar with blocking the Dem nominee 4 years ago. Payback would be the Dems winning the White House and Senate, then adding four new SCOTUS judges to the rolls, moving the total from 9 to 13 - and all four will be Dem nominated judges. That would eliminate any advantage Republicans have for an entire lifetime.

It's not really 4-4 we have all seen Justice Roberts vote both ways as a swing vote much to the chagrin of conservatives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT