ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking Of Race, Slavery, And African-American History.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
It has been several years since I last watched "The African Americans: Many Rivers To Cross", produced by PBS, and both written and narrated by the brilliant, excellent Henry Louis Gates, Jr. I did so yesterday on a lazy Sunday afternoon-evening, and I strongly suggest that anyone do the same. Amazon Prime carries it. A 6-episode documentary which documents the history of African Americans in North America from the mid/late 1500's through 2012. Gates, Jr. is increidble, and there are excellent analysts/historians, both black and white, and both male and female, who also talk to Gates, Jr. along the way. Many different places are filmed.

Balanced perspective, proper context, and an in-depth understanding of the history of the African American people, their culture, and their collective struggle in North America, without the hyperbole, fake news, and half-thruths which are often spewed by the mainstream media, libtards, and low IQ race agitators.

It has been several years since I last watched "The African Americans: Many Rivers To Cross", produced by PBS, and both written and narrated by the brilliant, excellent Henry Louis Gates, Jr. I did so yesterday on a lazy Sunday afternoon-evening, and I strongly suggest that anyone do the same. Amazon Prime carries it. A 6-episode documentary which documents the history of African Americans in North America from the mid/late 1500's through 2012. Gates, Jr. is increidble, and there are excellent analysts/historians, both black and white, and both male and female, who also talk to Gates, Jr. along the way. Many different places are filmed.

Balanced perspective, proper context, and an in-depth understanding of the history of the African American people, their culture, and their struggle in North America, without the hyperbole, fake news, and half-thruths which are often spewed by the mainstream media, libtards, and low IQ race agitators.
You must’ve had white guilt yesterday! History and facts are always a good thing.

I feel that it is my moral duty to use my shameful white privilege to help others become more educated about serious issues.....
It’s good you have such privilege, because apparently it allows you to drink and drive without being arrested.

Reactions: orly 1022
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT