ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Bryer - SCOTUS Reliable Liberal Judge speaks out against Court Packing

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/04/in-harvard-speech-breyer-speaks-out-against-court-packing/

Steven Bryer echoes Ruth Bader Ginsburg in saying Court Packing is a bad idea. But AOC, Pelosi, Shumer and Biden want to pack the court. OK Libbies on this board, raise your hand Progressives and say your Blue ICON's know more than Liberal SCOTUS judges. Team Red over under on how many board liberals respond? My number is zero of the Blue team that will respond in a thoughtful manner to speak for Justice Breyer and and against Senile Joe's goal to court pack.. My over/under on stupid post/complaints from Cane Sport team Blue about Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanuagh and Coney Barrett is 6. .

Don't care...gloves came off a long time ago. I never saw any of you on the right come out and speak against Merrick Garland not even getting a hearing.

Dyed in the wood centrist but in a world where Romney is considered a lefty..sigh anyway.

I don't agree with Court Packing. I never once fathomed the unabashed way GOP would not allow Garland because an election was 9 months away but push a nominee while mail in voting had actually started and less than 4 weeks before the actual general election.

so we are kind of living in a new reality.

One where justices don't even feign neutrality. where guys like Kennedy can't get seated. Where conservative judges get excoriated for ruling on the law but going against the body politic of the conservative party.

The Court needs to be adjusted. I don't know the fix. packing ain't it, but its broken.

Reactions: central17
Ellu,
I believe on this subject that you and I may agree more than disagree. I would find difference in several of your above statements, but I do appreciate your "not Jello" position on court packing. Maybe Biden will appoint you and I as a committee of two with Executive Order authority on whatever we mutually agree upon, LOL.

Seriously, these are there are so many important subjects that are not being honestly debated. The media does not want to discuss them any deeper than a partisan click bait headline.

ADVERTISEMENT