ADVERTISEMENT

Supply chain disruptions from Lockdowns (not good)

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
The supply chain disruptions are / will have an effect on the world economies. I have a couple examples. You know I had back surgery. I ordered a sleep number type mattress but not that brand I ordered Saatva . The kind where I can have a more firm side then my wife etc... Ordered in February can't get the mattress. Saatva has repeatedly reached out to me (after I DM'd them on Twitter) to tell me they can't get all the materials and due to Covid distancing they are backed up. Maybe another few weeks. Then there is my A/V guy who I got a big home automation job for. He can not get Yamaha Receivers, Sonos soundbars etc..as supply chain is disrupted coming from Asia. This will inhibit economic growth.

Peripheral effects stemming from Covid will be seen over next year to 5 years in this country. I am in the Marine industry and am starting to see the ramifications. This is not going to be good for alot of people, but where there is difficulty, there is opportunity.

Peripheral effects stemming from Covid will be seen over next year to 5 years in this country. I am in the Marine industry and am starting to see the ramifications. This is not going to be good for alot of people, but where there is difficulty, there is opportunity.
Always as someone else fills the void. Ingenuity

The supply chain disruptions are / will have an effect on the world economies. I have a couple examples. You know I had back surgery. I ordered a sleep number type mattress but not that brand I ordered Saatva . The kind where I can have a more firm side then my wife etc... Ordered in February can't get the mattress. Saatva has repeatedly reached out to me (after I DM'd them on Twitter) to tell me they can't get all the materials and due to Covid distancing they are backed up. Maybe another few weeks. Then there is my A/V guy who I got a big home automation job for. He can not get Yamaha Receivers, Sonos soundbars etc..as supply chain is disrupted coming from Asia. This will inhibit economic growth.

I was thinking about trading my boat until they told me 14 month wait... Also have many friends in the construction industry they are out of every type of material and prices are increasing every month..

They are now on allocation they get a 1/4 of what they where doing based on sales from last year..

Its ugly ...!!! There is no supply out there on everything...

Reactions: grbcane and HJCane
I was thinking about trading my boat until they told me 14 month wait... Also have many friends in the construction industry they are out of every type of material and prices are increasing every month..

They are now on allocation they get a 1/4 of what they where doing based on sales from last year..

Its ugly ...!!! There is no supply out there on everything...
Do NOT trade your boat............Inventory is at an all time low.........you will get raped on trade in at this time........you will need to wait at least a year..........been in marine industry for over 20 years and never seen this.......will only get worse too

Reactions: El Cubano
Do NOT trade your boat............Inventory is at an all time low.........you will get raped on trade in at this time........you will need to wait at least a year..........been in marine industry for over 20 years and never seen this.......will only get worse too
Sounds like he should sell high now, take a break for a year or two, and then buy low when the inventory is high.

Same thing with cars. Pre owned cars are at all time highs because new inventory is low of new cars

I have a Consignment shop and I also deal in new furniture. When I try and find product on the dealer site, Coaster Furniture for example, almost everything I search is "Out of Stock"...been this way for months.

Reactions: grbcane and HJCane
Sounds like he should sell high now, take a break for a year or two, and then buy low when the inventory is high.
Like everything else , it’s a gamble .. but try telling boater to have no boat for 1-2 years .. good luck w/ that

Shortages in supply chain of near all basic materials and semiconductors. Hard to run a just in time global supply chain and turn it off for a bit, and expect materials and parts to show up when you flip the switch back on.

Shortages in supply chain of near all basic materials and semiconductors. Hard to run a just in time global supply chain and turn it off for a bit, and expect materials and parts to show up when you flip the switch back on.
Exactly and stocks were depleted

Same thing with cars. Pre owned cars are at all time highs because new inventory is low of new cars
It’s insane right now. I just found a buyer for my 98xk8 jag for $25,000. Now im trying to find a seller of a porsche 911 997 carrera 4s and it’s damn near impossible to find one in good shape for less than 10 g’s over book value anywhere in the country. Looks like im not getting my dream car for a while.

This is what the powers that be wanted and it's just the tip of the iceberg. So, get ready and do what you have yo do to put yourself and family in a position to withstand what's coming because the scum that run this world are wanting a hell of a lot more of this shit rammed down our throats.

It’s insane right now. I just found a buyer for my 98xk8 jag for $25,000. Now im trying to find a seller of a porsche 911 997 carrera 4s and it’s damn near impossible to find one in good shape for less than 10 g’s over book value anywhere in the country. Looks like im not getting my dream car for a while.
nope

Try to find a 15 or 16 Carrera GTS. Collectors understand. I drive a 15 best Porsche I have ever owned and Iv'e owned 4.

I had to wait two months for my new refrigerator, it came from (you guessed it) China. Availability influenced my purchase more than anything else. I was sweating bullets afraid my old one wasn’t going to last.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT