ADVERTISEMENT

Take a look at this little snippet from Nielsen.....

beastnmayne

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
concerning last weeks TV viewing numbers. CNN was down 5% (900K viewers) from last week. Explain CNN's thinking of continuing to generate news verses reporting the news, promoting the mobs, attacking the president, and dividing the country.

People are just getting tired of it. Standing by waiting to see how a few will spend this, the number don't lie.

Fox News averaged 2.8 million primetime viewers as ESPN averaged 2.7 million and TBS picked up 2.5 million to round out the top three. MSNBC finished fourth, averaging 1.5 million primetime viewers and CNN finished a dismal ninth while failing to crack the one-million viewer plateau and finishing behind networks such as Hallmark Channel and HGTV.

Reactions: grbcane
It doesn't matter. That's CNNs problem. They can report whatever they feel is news worthy. If they lose viewers then so be it. It's not about doing what is popular. It is about doing what you believe in. What you want your network to deem news worthy.

I watch CNN all the time. They aren't creating the news. They are showing what is out there. They didn't try to bomb or shoot anyone....or cause anything. They are just showing what is happening.

Reactions: hawaiian cane
It doesn't matter. That's CNNs problem. They can report whatever they feel is news worthy. If they lose viewers then so be it. It's not about doing what is popular. It is about doing what you believe in. What you want your network to deem news worthy.

I watch CNN all the time. They aren't creating the news. They are showing what is out there. They didn't try to bomb or shoot anyone....or cause anything. They are just showing what is happening.

Reactions: grbcane
concerning last weeks TV viewing numbers. CNN was down 5% (900K viewers) from last week. Explain CNN's thinking of continuing to generate news verses reporting the news, promoting the mobs, attacking the president, and dividing the country.

People are just getting tired of it. Standing by waiting to see how a few will spend this, the number don't lie.

Fox News averaged 2.8 million primetime viewers as ESPN averaged 2.7 million and TBS picked up 2.5 million to round out the top three. MSNBC finished fourth, averaging 1.5 million primetime viewers and CNN finished a dismal ninth while failing to crack the one-million viewer plateau and finishing behind networks such as Hallmark Channel and HGTV.

FOX news has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined.

You're right CD, nothing to see here. Probably just me reading too much into this.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT