ADVERTISEMENT

The 2020 Election. What really happened my take.

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
While many of the lunatic left focus on fraud or no fraud etc.....even though no real court ever heard any case of substance the REALITY of what happened was far more sinister in my mind.

Due to the Pandemic many States, mostly Blue but some Red fell in the rabbit hole too, decided to CHANGE the ways they held National Elections using COVID as their convenient excuse. In many cases bypassing their State Legislatures entirely. Some States went from well reasoned absentee ballot methods to full force mail everyone a ballot. Some states that never had a drop box suddenly had them located everywhere. Some States expanded hours and let people vote outside their own precincts and ballot harvesting. In short, lots of methods never really used before were suddenly put in use.

All of this using the fear of covid as the reason. But these States wanted these covid measures in place for 2020 want to make them permanent. Then the House proposes HS-1 including all this same crap.
Now these States and the lefty liberals want to make these permanent, want to pretend that ALL of this was ALWAYS in place. But it wasn't.

The reaction from Red State Governors is exactly what one would expect. Firm up and strengthen the voting laws in their States so it can't happen there.

That was the SCAM of 2020

Is this the the reason UNC ran for over 500 yards against our defense too? Covid? GTFOOH! Trump lost! Absentee Voting has been going on since world war II. He lost by over 8 Million votes. Stop with the lame ass excuses.

Reactions: gdowning70
While many of the lunatic left focus on fraud or no fraud etc.....even though no real court ever heard any case of substance the REALITY of what happened was far more sinister in my mind.

Due to the Pandemic many States, mostly Blue but some Red fell in the rabbit hole too, decided to CHANGE the ways they held National Elections using COVID as their convenient excuse. In many cases bypassing their State Legislatures entirely. Some States went from well reasoned absentee ballot methods to full force mail everyone a ballot. Some states that never had a drop box suddenly had them located everywhere. Some States expanded hours and let people vote outside their own precincts and ballot harvesting. In short, lots of methods never really used before were suddenly put in use.

All of this using the fear of covid as the reason. But these States wanted these covid measures in place for 2020 want to make them permanent. Then the House proposes HS-1 including all this same crap.
Now these States and the lefty liberals want to make these permanent, want to pretend that ALL of this was ALWAYS in place. But it wasn't.

The reaction from Red State Governors is exactly what one would expect. Firm up and strengthen the voting laws in their States so it can't happen there.

Excellent take HJ...

Reactions: mahb
LMAO@Using fear of covid as the reason. Do you know over 550,000 people died of COVID within a years? WTF are you talking about? People were dying at an extremely high rate. Nobody is going to vote in any crowds or lines of people genius.

LMAO@Using fear of covid as the reason. Do you know over 550,000 people died of COVID within a years? WTF are you talking about? People were dying at an extremely high rate. Nobody is going to vote in any crowds or lines of people genius.
Voted early and in person just fine in Florida.

But those same people who fear Covid for voting go to Costco, Sams, Publix, Kroger, and every other business that's open on a WEEKLY basis.

• Haha
But those same people who fear Covid for voting go to Costco, Sams, Publix, Kroger, and every other business that's open on a WEEKLY basis.
I am pretty sure there is no limit or restriction on where you can catch COVID. 588,000 people caught it somewhere and I don't have time to figure out if they have a Cosco card....SMFH. You aren't brave. You are lucky. Don't get it twisted.

HJ,

You‘ve sprung for the capillary on the election. Trump lost by 7+ million votes because the majority didn’t want him for a second term. Plain and simple.

DJT alienated nearly all Dems for sure and other groups key for a Republican victory: women and suburbanites. He also doubled down on his core voters (men, particularly rural and blue collar) and made no attempt to expand the base.

Lastly, he ignored, mishandled and denied the seriousness of the pandemic (we’ve “rounded the corner.”). Killed his credibility.

This Republican obsession on possible election fraud is self delusion. You need a candidate in 2024 who generates enthusiasm like Trump but does so to a broader audience. Complaining about election logistics is off strategy. You need more voters and less pissing and moaning.

I am pretty sure there is no limit or restriction on where you can catch COVID. 588,000 people caught it somewhere and I don't have time to figure out if they have a Cosco card....SMFH. You aren't brave. You are lucky. Don't get it twisted.
So one can go to the businesses I mentioned but not to a polling place to vote. Got it.

• Haha
Trump lost. it's over.

maybe if Trump and others didn't alienate some of the party he would have won? i voted for him in 16.

i'm sure there are lots of republicans like me that just stayed home and didn't vote at all. you know, the moderate types that don't care for all the far right types that are now starting to rule the party.

Reactions: cortez55403
Trump lost. it's over.

maybe if Trump and others didn't alienate some of the party he would have won? i voted for him in 16.

i'm sure there are lots of republicans like me that just stayed home and didn't vote at all. you know, the moderate types that don't care for all the far right types that are now starting to rule the party.
Thanks for the sanity, Chevy. I’m a Dem but really root for a strong, principled GOP offering a solid alternative to Dems. I don’t like the Squad or the so-called Progressives. A viable GOP alternative helps keep the Dems in line!

Thanks for the sanity, Chevy. I’m a Dem but really root for a strong, principled GOP offering a solid alternative to Dems. I don’t like the Squad or the so-called Progressives. A viable GOP alternative helps keep the Dems in line!
the far left in my problem with the dems. people who think all cops are bad or that we should defund the police are crazy.

being too far right or too far left is bad policy for this country. demonizing people or hating people because they have different points of view is bad for this country.

people need to have open minds and actually listen to the other side.

Liar trump was calling fraud and the gullible trumpers bought in 100%. People trump put in place said the election was fair. The only fraud in the election was done by trump, hair drip Rudy and the other tools that suck up to trump. Where is Rudy’s evidence. 🤡🤡🤣🤣🤣🤣

HJ,

You‘ve sprung for the capillary on the election. Trump lost by 7+ million votes because the majority didn’t want him for a second term. Plain and simple.

DJT alienated nearly all Dems for sure and other groups key for a Republican victory: women and suburbanites. He also doubled down on his core voters (men, particularly rural and blue collar) and made no attempt to expand the base.

Lastly, he ignored, mishandled and denied the seriousness of the pandemic (we’ve “rounded the corner.”). Killed his credibility.

This Republican obsession on possible election fraud is self delusion. You need a candidate in 2024 who generates enthusiasm like Trump but does so to a broader audience. Complaining about election logistics is off strategy. You need more voters and less pissing and moaning.
Thats NOT what the thread is about. It is about what States enacted using Covid as their excuse and how many of these states want to now normalize those methods for future elections even though they won't have the covid card to play G-D willing. Further, it is about how smart Red State Governors recognized what happened and the direction the Libs want to take our elections in and they went forward enacting tougher more stringent measures to further the integrity of voting. You may recall learning Newton's 3rd law which states; For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. Those crying foul about these measures fail to recognize that many things that occurred in the 2020 elections had never been allowed before in many states. I admit is was well played but the facts are what they are. An example or 2; A state never allowed drop boxes but in 2020 they had them everywhere or a State never did mass-mailings to the entire voter roll but in 2020 they did. Now are you with me?

Simple question for you then ... Since March 2020 ( Start of Covid ) , have you been to a grocery store , gas station , convenience store , target ??

It is what it is, just make certain it NEVER happens again.

Thats NOT what the thread is about. It is about what States enacted using Covid as their excuse and how many of these states want to now normalize those methods for future elections even though they won't have the covid card to play G-D willing. Further, it is about how smart Red State Governors recognized what happened and the direction the Libs want to take our elections in and they went forward enacting tougher more stringent measures to further the integrity of voting. You may recall learning Newton's 3rd law which states; For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. Those crying foul about these measures fail to recognize that many things that occurred in the 2020 elections had never been allowed before in many states. I admit is was well played but the facts are what they are. An example or 2; A state never allowed drop boxes but in 2020 they had them everywhere or a State never did mass-mailings to the entire voter roll but in 2020 they did. Now are you with me?
No, not following you at all.

ex. You said that in Florida you voted early.,. No problem at all. But then your Governor went on a jihad against trumped up (pun intended) voter fraud Issues. You supported his efforts.

ex. DeSantis was so publicly proud of the voting process in Florida. But he nonetheless then sought voting law changes to bolster his status as a future candidate concerned about voter fraud. Total phony and hypocrite.

With me now?

No, not following you at all.

ex. You said that in Florida you voted early.,. No problem at all. But then your Governor went on a jihad against trumped up (pun intended) voter fraud Issues. You supported his efforts.

ex. DeSantis was so publicly proud of the voting process in Florida. But he nonetheless then sought voting law changes to bolster his status as a future candidate concerned about voter fraud. Total phony and hypocrite.

With me now?
All they did was further tighten up some loose ends. That is what leadership looks like. The question is; Why does that bother you? Don't you want secure elections where you know your vote is protected?

All they did was further tighten up some loose ends. That is what leadership looks like. The question is; Why does that bother you? Don't you want secure elections where you know your vote is protected?
HJ,

The election was secure. For me, “tighten up some loose ends” =

*a smokescreen for making it harder for non-Republican voters to vote, and a

*cynical attempt to score points with the conspiracy theorists who think the election was stolen from Trump. Self serving political move by De Santis

HJ,

*cynical attempt to score points with the conspiracy theorists who think the election was stolen from Trump. Self serving political move by De Santis
How is tougher for 1 party to vote than another when the rules apply to both? A very STUPID comment. Are the rules easier for Republicans or the exact same? DUMB

Is this the the reason UNC ran for over 500 yards against our defense too? Covid? GTFOOH! Trump lost! Absentee Voting has been going on since world war II. He lost by over 8 Million votes. Stop with the lame ass excuses.
Absentee ballots and Mail-In Ballots are two very different things! I wouldn’t expect you to know the difference though.

• Haha
Reactions: krvanness
How is tougher for 1 party to vote than another when the rules apply to both? A very STUPID comment. Are the rules easier for Republicans or the exact same? DUMB
C‘mon. HJ, don’t pretend be so naive.

In Georgia, it was found that Black precincts had wait times for walk in voters 3 times longer than waits in White precincts.

In Texas, Gov Abbott set limits for the number of drop boxes on a County (rather than population) basis. So Harris County (Houston) with 3.4 million people had the same number of drop boxes as smaller, more rural, Whiter counties.

Pull your head out.

HJ,

This BS about making it hard to vote is just that BS. The only thing Dems are really trying to stop is voter ID, even though more than 70% of the country believes requiring an ID is something they believe in.

If ID's disenfranchise anyone, why did we need one for a vaccine?

If there is any doubt that HR-1 & S-1 are Trojan horses, why does that law include provisions to make it more difficult for states to purge (clean up and update) voter registration records?

There was a reason our fore fathers left voting to the states in the Constitution, and it was exactly the BS the Dems are trying to do.

C‘mon. HJ, don’t pretend be so naive.

In Georgia, it was found that Black precincts had wait times for walk in voters 3 times longer than waits in White precincts.

In Texas, Gov Abbott set limits for the number of drop boxes on a County (rather than population) basis. So Harris County (Houston) with 3.4 million people had the same number of drop boxes as smaller, more rural, Whiter counties.

Pull your head out.
What was the time given for early voting in Ga?

Co

Covid as an excuse..550k people died dude. The election was right on the verge of skyrocketing cases. I guess no one you love died from Covid.

your explanation is so disingenuous. Red states have just used this to prevent folks from voting. You talk of HR1 but most of what is in that bill is to restore the voting rights acts that used to prevent all of this from happening. The voting rights act expired a few years ago. There was a reason it was put in place and that was to protect Americans from having their right to vote limited. In case you didn’t know the 1968 election was the first presidential election that ALL Americans were allowed to vote without restrictions. Save me the garbage on how red state governors are reacting to faulty election. It wasn’t. It’s all a lie. Stop being ignorant. Facts are facts. The DOJ under trump investigated this and found NOTHING. Ballots were audited over and over again and found NOTHING. Many states like Georgia had paper ballots to back the electronic data. You’re just wrong.

Stop believe and trusting people who keep lying to you.

Co

Covid as an excuse..550k people died dude. The election was right on the verge of skyrocketing cases. I guess no one you love died from Covid.

your explanation is so disingenuous. Red states have just used this to prevent folks from voting. You talk of HR1 but most of what is in that bill is to restore the voting rights acts that used to prevent all of this from happening. The voting rights act expired a few years ago. There was a reason it was put in place and that was to protect Americans from having their right to vote limited. In case you didn’t know the 1968 election was the first presidential election that ALL Americans were allowed to vote without restrictions. Save me the garbage on how red state governors are reacting to faulty election. It wasn’t. It’s all a lie. Stop being ignorant. Facts are facts. The DOJ under trump investigated this and found NOTHING. Ballots were audited over and over again and found NOTHING. Many states like Georgia had paper ballots to back the electronic data. You’re just wrong.

Yeah allegedly 80 million people voted for weekend at bernies but those damn voter suppression ops by the republicans. Too funny! Every time the republicans enact laws to prevent fraud the dems cry about voter suppression. Not to hard to figure out why they’re crying. Yet you talk about Op being disingenuous?

Yeah allegedly 80 million people voted for weekend at bernies but those damn voter suppression ops by the republicans. Too funny! Every time the republicans enact laws to prevent fraud the dems cry about voter suppression. Not to hard to figure out why they’re crying. Yet you talk about Op being disingenuous?

there is no fraud! That’s the thing. It’s minimal at best! If republicans wanna solve a problem that’s actually an issue how about trying to do something about mass shootings....

there is no fraud! That’s the thing. It’s minimal at best! If republicans wanna solve a problem that’s actually an issue how about trying to do something about mass shootings....
So you're saying there might be "minimal" fraud? If that's true, how do you gauge "minimal"? That's like the 1 cockroach theory. If you see one, that could be it or there could be hundreds. You don't know.

So you're saying there might be "minimal" fraud? If that's true, how do you gauge "minimal"? That's like the 1 cockroach theory. If you see one, that could be it or there could be hundreds. You don't know.
That’s a false equivalency. These aren’t cockroaches. Yes. There was that congressman’s staff in North Carolina 2 years ago who cheated on an election. There was also the guy who voted for his dead mom who got caught. Yes. It happens here and there. But if 150million people voted and 250 cases occur nationwide than I can’t say it never happens. But it’s so minimal it’s not worth passing all new laws for it. We don’t do it for anything else that is that minimal in this country ie mass murders. Republicans say we can’t pass those types of laws because they can’t prevent all deaths yet they pass all these laws that won’t stop all fraud

Reactions: Hermbike
Co

I believe no one. I saw it with my own eyes what was happening. A very slick move. Can't vote in person but going to Walmart. Can't vote in person but going to my friends house for dinner. Can't vote in person but smoking a joint with 3 of my buddies. Can't vote in person but hitting the bar. Move on man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT