ADVERTISEMENT

The Covid variants nonsense

Yes I am a vaccinated idiot. If the vaccines work 95% why do we have to continue living like this? I call BS

Bc not enough of us are vaccinated yet....

that’s why they are saying wait a couple months. We’ve give 100 million shots in less than 60 days and now 22% of Americans have been vaccinated. If we can repeat that in the next 60 days we will be in good shape to get to herd this summer.

patience, we are getting there

Reactions: zackbear

that’s why they are saying wait a couple months. We’ve give 100 million shots in less than 60 days and now 22% of Americans have been vaccinated. If we can repeat that in the next 60 days we will be in good shape to get to herd this summer.

Except you left out 1 VERY IMPORTANT category. Namely, those who have had Covid knowingly or not, and have recovered. They too have natural immunity. That's another 30 million people KNOWN and countless others un -counted in the statistics. To be clear, I wear a mask indoors in my building, in stores, entering restaurants BUT I am getting sick of it. I will get my 2nd shot the 29th of March and 3 weeks later I should be good. That is what the science says. Otherwise, what is the point of the needle?

Thanks to Operation Warp Speed!

It’s amazing that folks in one breath want the hot take to be

Trump is solely responsible for the vaccine that will save us all

and the hottake

The vaccine is part of a myth, covid isn’t that serious, the science is fake and it’s all media hype.

how can ya have it both?
Wrong again Ellu my friend. Something up with your comprehension skills today Counselor? I am saying that the NEW TWIST is the variants UK and one other, all you have to do is watch the hysteria on CNN. Further I am saying that the vaccine is supposed to be 94.1% and 95% effective (Moderna / Pfizer) so after 3-4 weeks following 2nd shot we should be good to go back to normal OR the vaccine is a waste of time. I got the shot and due for 2nd on the 29th so I can go back to some level of NORMAL.

For reference the Flu Shot is about 60% effective.

Wrong again Ellu my friend. Something up with your comprehension skills today Counselor? I am saying that the NEW TWIST is the variants UK and one other, all you have to do is watch the hysteria on CNN. Further I am saying that the vaccine is supposed to be 94.1% and 95% effective (Moderna / Pfizer) so after 3-4 weeks following 2nd shot we should be good to go back to normal OR the vaccine is a waste of time. I got the shot and due for 2nd on the 29th so I can go back to some level of NORMAL.

For reference the Flu Shot is about 60% effective.
I quoted what I was referencing. It wasn’t your statement. Their are those in this thread who want all credit for operation warp speed while denying its efficacy.

I quoted what I was referencing. It wasn’t your statement. Their are those in this thread who want all credit for operation warp speed while denying its efficacy.
I'm going off the stats presented 94.1 and 95%. I got the shot to return to normal and not have to think about catching the virus and dying from it. I know plenty of people who disagree or who are skeptical. While I respect their position I disagree.

I'm going off the stats presented 94.1 and 95%. I got the shot to return to normal and not have to think about catching the virus and dying from it. I know plenty of people who disagree or who are skeptical. While I respect their position I disagree.
Not debating your position at all. Just wondering how those who think it’s amazing can also dismiss it. You aren’t being that pretzel.

normal won’t happen when you get it. Normal happens when a fugk ton of “you”s get it. That’s the key.

Reactions: zackbear and HJCane
Not debating your position at all. Just wondering how those who think it’s amazing can also dismiss it. You aren’t being that pretzel.

normal won’t happen when you get it. Normal happens when a fugk ton of “you”s get it. That’s the key.
That is precisely what I tell the skeptics I encounter. You want normal? Get the shot or get covid and recover. Don't see too many more choices.

It’s amazing that folks in one breath want the hot take to be

Trump is solely responsible for the vaccine that will save us all

and the hottake

The vaccine is part of a myth, covid isn’t that serious, the science is fake and it’s all media hype.

how can ya have it both?
Its in reaction to people saying Trump had nothing to do with the success of the vaccine. He didnt invent it but he was there and instrumental in its success. Covid exists but it isnt a justifiable reason to shut down the economy and make poor people lose their jobs and livelihood. It was no doubt used as a scare tactic to oust Trump. Trump did a pretty good job of managing the situation. Could he have done better ? Ofcourse. But then again so could Fauci.

Reactions: grbcane
I call bull shyt on this variant nonsense. The UK variant? Spreads faster? More dangerous? Weird because the cases in UK are at their lowest level in almost a year and have been declining for months. More fear, more control, more BS.

You do realize that just because something is labelled the UK variant, South Africa variant, Brazil variant etc., doesn't mean that variant stays in that country and doesn't spread around the world. It just means that its the country where it was originally identified. By the time it gets identified it has already spread around the world.

Except you left out 1 VERY IMPORTANT category. Namely, those who have had Covid knowingly or not, and have recovered. They too have natural immunity. That's another 30 million people KNOWN and countless others un -counted in the statistics. To be clear, I wear a mask indoors in my building, in stores, entering restaurants BUT I am getting sick of it. I will get my 2nd shot the 29th of March and 3 weeks later I should be good. That is what the science says. Otherwise, what is the point of the needle?

Mask wearing isn't just to protect you, its to protect others if you are asymptomatically carrying COVID and spreading it to those around you. The needle only prevents you from getting sick if/when you do get COVID (at 95% efficacy).

Its in reaction to people saying Trump had nothing to do with the success of the vaccine. He didnt invent it but he was there and instrumental in its success. Covid exists but it isnt a justifiable reason to shut down the economy and make poor people lose their jobs and livelihood. It was no doubt used as a scare tactic to oust Trump. Trump did a pretty good job of managing the situation. Could he have done better ? Ofcourse. But then again so could Fauci.
a) nobody could have handled it perfectly
b) he took the RISK to devote billions not knowing whether a vaccine would ever be discovered
c) Trump would have done better if he kept his mouth shut more.

That's my take

Mask wearing isn't just to protect you, its to protect others if you are asymptomatically carrying COVID and spreading it to those around you. The needle only prevents you from getting sick if/when you do get COVID (at 95% efficacy).
Went out to dinner edgewater last night. Not 1 person in restaurant had a mask except my family and the staff. Mine came off the minute I sat down and did not go on my face again until I departed

Reactions: 816_Cane
You do realize that just because something is labelled the UK variant, South Africa variant, Brazil variant etc., doesn't mean that variant stays in that country and doesn't spread around the world. It just means that its the country where it was originally identified. By the time it gets identified it has already spread around the world.
Yes I realize but I think it's more fear based nonsense. The key is immunity either by vaccine or getting and recovering from Covid.

Went out to dinner edgewater last night. Not 1 person in restaurant had a mask except my family and the staff. Mine came off the minute I sat down and did not go on my face again until I departed

That's increasingly normal these days. Restaurants generally allow this sort of thing, especially as cases are dropping. If they start going up again, many would ask that people wear their masks or else move to more socially distanced and/or outdoor dining.

That's increasingly normal these days. Restaurants generally allow this sort of thing, especially as cases are dropping. If they start going up again, many would ask that people wear their masks or else move to more socially distanced and/or outdoor dining.
Place was PACKED! Not comfortable? Don't go.

Yes I realize but I think it's more fear based nonsense. The key is immunity either by vaccine or getting and recovering from Covid.

I agree - which is why people who are choosing to be vaccine skeptics and not get vaccinated are holding the rest of the nation up from getting back to normal. The sooner everyone takes care of their own business, the sooner we reach herd immunity and move on from this thing once and for all.

I agree - which is why people who are choosing to be vaccine skeptics and not get vaccinated are holding the rest of the nation up from getting back to normal. The sooner everyone takes care of their own business, the sooner we reach herd immunity and move on from this thing once and for all.
I agree but we are getting close.

I imagine it is the same BS that was called when we had 15 cases and went on to have 25% of the worlds cases with 4% of the worlds population. I trust science. Not people who want to go to a football game.

b) he took the RISK to devote billions not knowing whether a vaccine would ever be discovered

That's my take
YOU ARE CORRECT!

What we need are people to just get vaccinated stop this BS conspiracy theory mentality we see today with news we don't like.

I imagine it is the same BS that was called when we had 15 cases and went on to have 25% of the worlds cases with 4% of the worlds population. I trust science. Not people who want to go to a football game.
Science not scientists. It takes us a while to catch on to real science. A scientist will study the statistics which have been skewed by labeling cause of death Covid when many weren't. This is just one more tragic incident in the thousands of years of human kind. We will make it through this one and better prepared for the next.

Reactions: grbcane

That's my take

Not the issue. The fact is this could have been handled much much better by a long shot. His lack of public service and/or experience working in government was obviously a huge disservice to the nation.

This was no risk. He had no choice but to invest in a vaccine. What do you think would be his alternative here during a world pandemic? Not investing in a vaccine?

Knowing when to keep your mouth shut and when to lead are paramount to the job. Not knowing this means you don't know your job. Promoting an anti Asian narrative was and is dangerous coming from that podium. Hundreds of millions of people listen to what he says so when he walks around with these racist comments people pick on up it.

Last edited:

Not the issue. The fact is this could have been handled much much better by a long shot. His lack of public service and/or experience working in government was obviously a huge disservice to the nation.

This was no risk. He had no choice but to invest in a vaccine. What do you think would be his alternative here during a world pandemic? Not investing in a vaccine?

Knowing when to keep your mouth shut and when to lead are paramount to the job. Not knowing this means you don't know your job. Promoting an anti Asian narrative was and is dangerous coming from that podium. Hundreds of millions of people listen to what he says so when he walks around with these racist comments people pick on it.
a) SEE CUOMO
b) when you spend BILLIONS without knowing what or if you will get something THAT IS RISK!
c) The virus came from China and hate crimes on Asian Americans is NOT soaring. FAKE NEWS!

a) SEE CUOMO
b) when you spend BILLIONS without knowing what or if you will get something THAT IS RISK!
c) The virus came from China and hate crimes on Asian Americans is NOT soaring. FAKE NEWS!

a) SEE CUOMO
Why? Aren't we discussing Donald Trump? These are two different people with two different jobs.
No, it is NOT it is called and "investment" and that it is the role of the president to invest during a pandemic. I don't consider this some risk.

Actually the hate crimes on Asian Americans IS soaring....and it is NOT fake news. Because that is the history of this country to attack people that are unlike you. It has been the case since the countries origin and hasn't really change completely. Just some subtle improvements here and there as laws enacted have helped progress.

natural immunity starts to decrease after 90 days and no one knows how long it last. The vaccines boost your immune system 10x more antibodies than natural immunity.

Misinformation and hasn’t been proven. My wife’s Uncle owns a clinic here in Nashville and i specifically asked him about that. He stated there has been some discussion about it as a possibility in rare reinfections but looking at the overall data it suggest reinfections were false positives to begin with and not COVID.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT