ADVERTISEMENT

The Government is still shutdown

Too late. Barry already won that honor.

cb2525b325a35669f029395f99a7e549--mr-president-barack-obama.jpg

It’s all political - the Dems don’t want to give Trump what he promised America . That he would get his wall .It would all but seal his Presidency in 2020 .
I can't believe the slimeball gets re-elected no matter what he does! Collusion will be the least of his worries

Last edited:
Trump says” America first” and the left gets all worked up. I don’t understand what’s wrong with putting America first . Do they want Iran first, or Russia first or China first or America second ? What’s the deal maybe some of these smart guys on here with the left can explain what’s wrong with America first ?

There’s nothing inherently wrong with an “America first” concept or slogan.

My problem with this aspect of Trump’s doctrine is that it means “America alone” and “American withdrawal” from its world leadership role. Ex.

Alone: Trump comes out of the box fighting with our friends and allies, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico. He then genuflects to Russia. WTF? He’s an unreliable ally.

Withdrawal: His attacks on NATO are disastrous. NATO has kept the post WWII peace for 80 years. Yet, he attacks it better than Putin can. Ridiculous. Self defeating.

We need to lead the world, not let our friends fracture and our enemies step up. Trump’s doctrine defeats America’s leadership role in the world. Nonsensical and destructive.

My problem with this aspect of Trump’s doctrine is that it means “America alone” and “American withdrawal” from its world leadership role. Ex.

Alone: Trump comes out of the box fighting with our friends and allies, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico. He then genuflects to Russia. WTF? He’s an unreliable ally.

Withdrawal: His attacks on NATO are disastrous. NATO has kept the post WWII peace for 80 years. Yet, he attacks it better than Putin can. Ridiculous. Self defeating.

We need to lead the world, not let our friends fracture and our enemies step up. Trump’s doctrine defeats America’s leadership role in the world. Nonsensical and destructive.

I guess you missed the eight years of Obama’s ‘leading from behind’, allowing Libya to turn into a hell hole, Egypt to be taken over by the Muslim brotherhood, and A redline in Syria resulting in hundreds of thousands dead and mass kidnappings and beheadings. Let us not forget the complete withdrawal from Iraq. Oh ya, don’t forget the removal of strategic weapons from Poland (last I checked our ally), so that we can ‘re-start’ with Russia. The above post is devoid of recent history.

Reactions: utatem
I guess you missed the eight years of Obama’s ‘leading from behind’, allowing Libya to turn into a hell hole, Egypt to be taken over by the Muslim brotherhood, and A redline in Syria resulting in hundreds of thousands dead and mass kidnappings and beheadings. Let us not forget the complete withdrawal from Iraq. Oh ya, don’t forget the removal of strategic weapons from Poland (last I checked our ally), so that we can ‘re-start’ with Russia. The above post is devoid of recent history.

Yoho,

My post criticized Trump’s version of America First. Your response basically says “yeah, but look at what Obama did” with no comment, pro or con, on Trump. What gives?

I am not here as a defender of Obama and agree that his handling of Syria was very poor. That shortcoming of Obama does not, however, give permission for Trump to bumble along as he has, alienating our allies and playing the “useful idiot” for Putin with his criticism of the EU, attacks against NATO and surprise announcement of rapid withdrawal from Syria. Those are idiotic moves that have shocked our allies, delighted our enemies and lead to the resignation of Defense Secretary Mattis.

His NATO attacks are particularly treacherous when you consider he was saying what Putin would like him to say about NATO at a time when he was trying to get a Trump Tower built in Moscow. This is why this guy is a colossal scumbag - he cares only about his own personal wealth and aggrandizement and is using the Presidency as a vehicle to promote his own business interests.

Yoho,

My post criticized Trump’s version of America First. Your response basically says “yeah, but look at what Obama did” with no comment, pro or con, on Trump. What gives?

I am not here as a defender of Obama and agree that his handling of Syria was very poor. That shortcoming of Obama does not, however, give permission for Trump to bumble along as he has, alienating our allies and playing the “useful idiot” for Putin with his criticism of the EU, attacks against NATO and surprise announcement of rapid withdrawal from Syria. Those are idiotic moves that have shocked our allies, delighted our enemies and lead to the resignation of Defense Secretary Mattis.

Fair points.

I would just point out that he has yet to pull any troops out of Syria. As a matter of fact, we didn’t just have 2k troops there like
The media would have ya believe. We had over 20k. They were and still are stationed in Iraq. What the mainstream media has not told you, but is available if you search, is the fact that Trump has made an agreement with the Saudis and Egyptians to take our place and protect the Kurds.

Call it what you will but Syria is a cluster F. The ‘moderate rebels’ are nothing more than former al queda who they/we have weapons to in order to fight Assad. Unfortunately, they weren’t as controllable as we thought and morphed into Isis.

Now, I’m willing to listen, but the last I checked, Syria doesn’t want us there. They are an independent country. So unless we are willing to engage Russia and Iran in full scale war, staying there will only cost us American lives.
We are stationed in Iraq and still can strategically attack; so can Israel.

As for NATO, what have they really accomplished. We pay the majority of the costs while other countries like Germany only give 1/2 percent GDP and can afford social services. It is not isolationism to not want to be the worlds bodyguard. It is not isolationism to expect that those countries who lecture us pay their fair share. We have and do help out. But the time of nation building should be over. It doesn’t work. Just look at Libya and Iraq.

And all of my points about Obama are true. My reasoning for that is you made it seem as if Trump was destroying US leadership. It’s quite obvious, that has been absent for 8 years. North Korea is another point in fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT