ADVERTISEMENT

The Real threat to America is not China or Covid or Poverty

Dumb shzt like conspiracy theories and your normal right wing lies. That shzt.

No, not at all actually. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I think most conspiracies are dumb and lack evidence or credibility. I was just stating the facts. They literally stopped publishing some Dr. Seuss books. That's all. No conspiracy there.

Reactions: mahb
You did’t read the news about Dr. Seuss nooks? Your echo chamber is full blast, just like your lies
I don't follow more right wing nonsense. You folks are way too much into this cancel culture than Dems. Dems focus on doing the people's business like Covid-19 legislation.

No, not at all actually. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I think most conspiracies are dumb and lack evidence or credibility. I was just stating the facts. They literally stopped publishing some Dr. Seuss books. That's all. No conspiracy there.

Here is a quote from your article.

In “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” a character described as “a Chinaman” has lines for eyes, wears a pointed hat, and carries chopsticks and a bowl of rice. (Editions published in the 1970s changed the reference from “a Chinaman” to “a Chinese man.”) In “If I Ran the Zoo,” two characters from “the African island of Yerka” are depicted as shirtless, shoeless and resembling monkeys.

Do you think this is appropriate for grade school children?

This is what happens when wrongs aren't righted immediately. Over reactions and more harm than good. I truly hope all this division brings light to the situation.

I think it is domestic terrorism afraid of the browning of America.

You want to make this about skin. Divide and pit everyone against each other according to race or creed. Liberal 101.

No one gives a f#ck about "browning" and those that do dont matter. An American is an American regardless of skin, race or creed.

The issues is ideas. Left/right is not black vs white. Its ideas vs ideas. Both the left and right is full of people of all colors.

All this division right now is because that's the way the left wants it. You can barely open your mouth without trying to put someone in a box and label them.

Reactions: mahb
You want to make this about skin. Divide and pit everyone against each other according to race or creed. Liberal 101.

No one gives a f#ck about "browning" and those that do dont matter. An American is an American regardless of skin, race or creed.

The issues is ideas. Left/right is not black vs white. Its ideas vs ideas. Both the left and right is full of people of all colors.

All this division right now is because that's the way the left wants it. You can barely open your mouth without trying to put someone in a box and label them.
Which is it? No one gives a fk about "browning" or those that do don't matter? It can't be both now can it? Which one is it? Listen, you can live in this fake fantasy world but everyone with a clue knows what this is all about.

Reactions: cems52
Did you read Dr. Seuss growing up? On a scale of 1 -10 how emotionality scarred are you from those deeply insensitive books?

The scars of the racist material I endured during my formative years lay bear for all to see. You see it at work as I push back on the many racist posts on this site. I was fortunate to have seen the light at a fairly young age. If you can't see the racism in the post then you need to check your own emotional scars.

In “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” a character described as “a Chinaman” has lines for eyes, wears a pointed hat, and carries chopsticks and a bowl of rice. (Editions published in the 1970s changed the reference from “a Chinaman” to “a Chinese man.”) In “If I Ran the Zoo,” two characters from “the African island of Yerka” are depicted as shirtless, shoeless and resembling monkeys.

They arent even people, they are caricatures of fantasy. I'm sicilian, if there was a dr. Seuss guy looking like Mario eating pasta I wouldn't care and no one else should either.

You do realize that we could scrub all movies, Literally pieces, history, etc and we would have to dump the whole lot if dr. Seuss is the measuring stick.
Not all movies. Stop lying.

The scars of the racist material I endured during my formative years lay bear for all to see.

Dr. Seuss specifically?

I dont want to minimize anything that may have brought you pain but we are specifically talking about Dr. Seuss.

I'm not always right, everyone has blind spots. If Dr. Seuss has been a menace and I just couldnt see it then I'm willing to listen.

Last edited:
I don't follow more right wing nonsense. You folks are way too much into this cancel culture than Dems. Dems focus on doing the people's business like Covid-19 legislation.
Your echo chamber is in full blast as previously stated

This is what happens when wrongs aren't righted immediately. Over reactions and more harm than good. I truly hope all this division brings light to the situation.

This thread has become comical. Starting with a simple statement that was meant to say, with all the problems in the world why are some people looking to be offended by classic childrens books intended to teach children to read. Can we all agree that the ability to read is a good thing?

And then CEMS comes up with a conspiracy theory that Dr. Seuss books are a right wing conspiracy. I am sure that CEMS and Raoul are researching Q ANON Secret Decoder Rings on the DNC "what you need to know about Q ANON" talking points website.

A hint for CEMS and Raoul, save your time and google "little orphan Annie - A Christmas Story", then drink your Ovaltine! And do so quickly before the Cancel Culture crowd finds out about Little Orphan Annie and Ovaltine, We know that they have already tried to cancel Christmas.

It can be both and it is. Your simpleton thought process cant handle it.

I feel for people like you. So blinded by hate and insecurity. You are their favorite type of person, so easily manipulated and pointed in whatever direction they want.
No....it is impossible for nobody to care about it and mention then those who do care. There isn't anyone's thought process that can handle it because it is impossible. Mentioning this does not make me blind by hate. See, people like you who assume when someone embarasses them by simply telling the truth they are full of hate like they are. I don't hate anyone. Truth is truth and you will never be free or find who you truely are until you deal with the truth.

People like yourself are incapable of dealing with the truth. So, you would rather traffic in conspiracy theory and innuendos....and say stupid shit like nobody is racist and back that up with those who are don't matter. This is a result of just simply being incapable of dealing with the truth. Which is why you use terms like Fake News.

Actually it is the Dems and Psaki that are concerned about Dr. Seuss books. Would it make you feel better if I find and post a clip of Obama speaking favorably about Dr. Seuss?

Did someone named Horton emotionally scar you sometime in your life?

All racist material. Is that not clear? I recall my high school band director at my all white high school had us play the song Dixie. That might be ok for Southern rednecks but not Negroes.
How is Dr. Seuss racist? Another left wing conspiracy theory? More left wing cancel culture? Explain? Obama must be racist as well for promoting it

No....it is impossible for nobody to care about it and mention then those who do care. There isn't anyone's thought process that can handle it because it is impossible. Mentioning this does not make me blind by hate. See, people like you who assume when someone embarasses them by simply telling the truth they are full of hate like they are. I don't hate anyone. Truth is truth and you will never be free or find who you truely are until you deal with the truth.

Lol. Nothing you say embarrasses me. You dont matter.

Your are so blind that you are blind to your blindness...

Another lib 101 play...turn everything into an argument over semantics just to change the subject. You are well trained. First, you pitted everyone against each other by race and then argued about pointless semantics. What else you got today?

Dr. Seuss specifically?

I dont want to minimize anything that may have brought you pain but we are specifically talking about Dr. Seuss.

I'm not always right, everyone has blind spots. If Dr. Seuss has been a menace and I just couldnt see it then I'm willing to listen.

You should probably know that the publisher who owns doctor seuss has decided to be more sensitive to releasing about six titles that have not been released. The publishing company wants to be more respectful of everyone going forward than they have been. This is just indicative of the times. Back in the day people didn't much care about who they offended....and now they do.

Lol. Nothing you say embarrasses me. You dont matter.

Your are so blind that you are blind to your blindness...

Another lib 101 play...turn everything into an argument over semantics just to change the subject. You are well trained. First, you pitted everyone against each other by race and then argued about pointless semantics. What else you got today?
I didn't pit anyone against anyone. I just stated facts. You tried to state fantasy. A world where nobody is racist, yet some are....and we don't care about those. In my world racist exist and a lot of people care and support them. Otherwise they couldnt do what they are doing.

I didn't pit anyone against anyone. I just stated facts. You tried to state fantasy. A world where nobody is racist, yet some are....and we don't care about those. In my world racist exist and a lot of people care and support them. Otherwise they couldnt do what they are doing.

Lying, Redirection and falsifying others views and stating it as fact. Not bad. I guess that's step 3 in the playbook?

Reactions: grbcane
How is Dr. Seuss racist? Another left wing conspiracy theory? More left wing cancel culture? Explain? Obama must be racist as well for promoting it
No conspiracy theory. Just the facts. More made up lies by the right. How is the following a "conspiracy theory"?

If you feel what's stated above is not racist there is no hope for you.

Actually it is the Dems and Psaki that are concerned about Dr. Seuss books. Would it make you feel better if I find and post a clip of Obama speaking favorably about Dr. Seuss?

Did someone named Horton emotionally scar you sometime in your life?
Actually, ex-president POS lying Trump has scarred this country forever.

All racist material. Is that not clear? I recall my high school band director at my all white high school had us play the song Dixie. That might be ok for Southern rednecks but not Negroes.
And I recall being the only white guy on my varsity bball team and football team in a predominantly black school...do you see me crying ... the shit I had to deal with was as racist as it gets . quit bitching , it works both ways ... and what about the Jews , Italians ! Latinos , Asians. Etc??? I have friends of every ethnicity and religion under the sun .. I see people for people , not race and color .., I don’t think for one second that you can same the same ...

And I recall being the only white guy on my varsity bball team and football team in a predominantly black school...do you see me crying ... the shit I had to deal with was as racist as it gets . quit bitching , it works both ways ... and what about the Jews , Italians ! Latinos , Asians. Etc??? I have friends of every ethnicity and religion under the sun .. I see people for people , not race and color .., I don’t think for one second that you can same the same ...

Sorry to hear about your racist experiences. As for me, no complaints just ensuring this nonsense stops for my grandkids and beyond. You should do the same.

Sorry to hear about your racist experiences. As for me, no complaints just ensuring this nonsense stops for my grandkids and beyond. You should do the same.
No apologies needed It’s just the way it was, is , and always will be ... no grandkids. , but my kids have been taught from day one to treat others how they would want to be treated regardless of race or creed... with that said , I am in the minority big time .. always gonna be racism going both ways , sucks , but it’s a fact

Reactions: grbcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT