ADVERTISEMENT

Trump BEGGED companies to come back home 3.5 years

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Since the campaign he has urged US companies to return home, to return and repatriate funds over seas back home, to bring back manufacturing back home. This was the number 1 reason he fought to lower our Corporate tax rate as an incentive to return to America knowing he could not the labor wage gap he only had the tax rate to work with. Now I hope some of you see just how dangerous and irresponsible it is to have masks, gloves, drugs, ventilators, medical supplies manufactured overseas especially China. It has put us in a very bad situation amidst a very awful crisis. We aren't talking about manufacturing pencils here. This is life and death and we are in the horrible position of having to rely on overseas largely. Very very dangerous. Now I hope you appreciate what Trump has been asking for 3.5 years.

No he can’t do anything right...even if he does it right. So says deranged libs.

The man is a piece of work but he doesn’t get any credit when he deserves it. We would be up the creek right now if a Dem was president. They never would have closed the country until it was too late.
They would be telling the world to bring their sick here, that we can care for and save them.

No he can’t do anything right...even if he does it right. So says deranged libs.

The man is a piece of work but he doesn’t get any credit when he deserves it. We would be up the creek right now if a Dem was president. They never would have closed the country until it was too late.
As I always tell liberal friends, yes he can be an azzhole but I'm not doing lunch with him. I only want good things from him for our Country just like every other President and Congress.

Manufacturing isn't "coming home" because the economy is global and a majority of manufacturing jobs are going away due to AI and robotics. Therefore this is a red herring.

Manufacturing isn't "coming home" because the economy is global and a majority of manufacturing jobs are going away due to AI and robotics. Therefore this is a red herring.
Tell that to the 500,000 manufacturing jobs created since Trump took office. Thanks for being on Canesport Mr. Obama

Reactions: grbcane and utatem
Tell that to the 500,000 manufacturing jobs created since Trump took office. Thanks for being on Canesport Mr. Obama

Sorry if you bought into Trump's lies, but manufacturing jobs have been going away for decades. Even during Trump's term, the so called Rust Belt states have continued to lose manufacturing jobs, and that trend will only continue because - guess what - we are rapidly moving towards robotics and AI, and human jobs that get replaced by technology aren't coming back. We are now a services based economy and will never go back to the old days where people made a lot of stuff in the USA again. This is not rocket science.

What exactly are you basing this on?

Tell the Chinese they might as well close their factories then.

Anything that can be made by machines, will be. People who once worked in manufacturing or factories are going to get replaced and should start retraining ASAP. This is why the idea of UBI is gaining momentum. People that are out of work with no skill set in the tech economy will need to sustain themselves.

As I always tell liberal friends, yes he can be an azzhole but I'm not doing lunch with him. I only want good things from him for our Country just like every other President and Congress.
This to the T. Could care less about his divorces, prostitutes, massive ego, narcism, ADD, little fingers, weird hair, etc. just want him to be good at his job and he is. In fact, most people that are successful at a high level are typically a little eccentric. Comes with the territory. Same with dr mlk jr, jfk, jordan, etc. We just don’t have perspective because there’s never bern a multi billionaire/highly rated tv personality/ soon to be two term president. Guy is literally one of a kind and I feel blessed to be able to say I lived through his prime. Trust me when I say, Marlago will be a historical landmark/manor tourist attraction fifty years from now like a Grace Land or Monticello.

Since the campaign he has urged US companies to return home, to return and repatriate funds over seas back home, to bring back manufacturing back home. This was the number 1 reason he fought to lower our Corporate tax rate as an incentive to return to America knowing he could not the labor wage gap he only had the tax rate to work with. Now I hope some of you see just how dangerous and irresponsible it is to have masks, gloves, drugs, ventilators, medical supplies manufactured overseas especially China. It has put us in a very bad situation amidst a very awful crisis. We aren't talking about manufacturing pencils here. This is life and death and we are in the horrible position of having to rely on overseas largely. Very very dangerous. Now I hope you appreciate what Trump has been asking for 3.5 years.
Don’t nobody give a fuc if he begged them to come back, bottom line is did he get them to come back like he said he would. NO

That’s why where going to throw his Dum asset out of the WHITE HOUSE in November.

Except that vast majority of those jobs created by his policy were manufacturing jobs lmao.

This illustrates how much of a service based non-manufacturing economy we are. We don't have many manufacturing loses because these jobs barely exist anymore.

106473520-158592045698120200402_where_the_jobs_are_in_one_chart_march_2020.png

This illustrates how much of a service based non-manufacturing economy we are. We don't have many manufacturing loses because these jobs barely exist anymore.

106473520-158592045698120200402_where_the_jobs_are_in_one_chart_march_2020.png
That chart illustrates nothing of the sort it's a job loss chart across all segments. try again

Reactions: advarkas
LMAO. Seriously what a mindless comment. Might as well hold up a chart of different flavored ice cream sales in March and reach the same conclusion. Libtard logic at its finest.
Cause he's one of the dumb ones LOL

This lays it out about as clearly as possible:

Manufacturing jobs have been going away for the past 60 years. Services jobs are now the dominant source of labor in the economy. Even if slightly stabilized under Trump - its a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of service jobs we have.

Trump is simply lying to people when he infers manufacturing jobs are coming back. Its not going to happen and anyone who believes this is setting themselves up for a massive disappointment.

cNax9q5.png

From your own link:
Thanks to Obama and prior administrations signing LOUSY trade deals which incentivized our companies leaving to make goods elsewhere only to sell same goods to Americans. Get wise fool

Reactions: utatem
Thanks to Obama and prior administrations signing LOUSY trade deals which incentivized our companies leaving to make goods elsewhere only to sell same goods to Americans. Get wise fool

The trend has been going since the 1950s, so blaming Obama would be no more rational than blaming Bush or Trump. Its been going in the same direction for the past 12 Presidents. Manufacturing jobs are slowly going away. Deal with it.

The trend has been going since the 1950s, so blaming Obama would be no more rational than blaming Bush or Trump. Its been going in the same direction for the past 12 Presidents. Manufacturing jobs are slowly going away. Deal with it.
Pretty sure i wrote " and prior administrations."

Oh and Raoul we didn't renew relations with China till Nixon visited there in 1972

So you agree with me that manufacturing jobs are going away. This is encouraging to hear.

Should be a priority to ensure that manufacturing jobs lost .. are lost to neighbors in our hemisphere. It would be to our benefit to strengthen the economies of neighbors such as Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicragua, El Salvador and Mexico. More jobs there .. rather than in China .. even if they are highly automated factories .. imply a technology transfer and improved economic outlook for our neighbors .. stronger hemisphere.

Reactions: Raoul2
Should be a priority to ensure that manufacturing jobs lost .. are lost to neighbors in our hemisphere. It would be to our benefit to strengthen the economies of neighbors such as Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicragua, El Salvador and Mexico. More jobs there .. rather than in China .. even if they are highly automated factories .. imply a technology transfer and improved economic outlook for our neighbors .. stronger hemisphere.

Agreed. A lot of the immigration issues we're seeing from Central America are related to poor economies and governance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT