ADVERTISEMENT

Unmask the Canes

Hoeste

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
I have researched and I can not find a single American college or pro athlete that has died from COVID since January 2020.

I have found news of 2 kids in China that have died from hypoxia from wearing masks during gym and numerous other reports of injuries and infections secondary to mask hypoxia and bacteria.

It is time to unmask the Canes. It is time to quit living in fear. It is time to play ball.

I have researched and I can not find a single American college or pro athlete that has died from COVID since January 2020.

I have found news of 2 kids in China that have died from hypoxia from wearing masks during gym and numerous other reports of injuries and infections secondary to mask hypoxia and bacteria.

It is time to unmask the Canes. It is time to quit living in fear. It is time to play ball.
I hate face masks and believe they are completely useless against a respiratory virus as has every study on them prior to now, but hey Fauci said it so it must be true (we all know he has never been wrong). However, if there an upside to this in that wearing those masks in the brutal south Florida heat will give us an edge in conditioning and playing in games without them will be so much easier. Hopefully this mask charade will be over soon, but I think Canes football may see some benefit from it.

You have the research on how many athletes have had covid and transmitted covid to others, some in their families, and have died or gotte. Severely sick???

Keep ignoring the facts that this is a virus with no cure and spreads like wildfire!. You may be ok but you may pass it along to a love one and kill them. But yeah, let's ignore that

You have the research on how many athletes have had covid and transmitted covid to others, some in their families, and have died or gotte. Severely sick???

Keep ignoring the facts that this is a virus with no cure and spreads like wildfire!. You may be ok but you may pass it along to a love one and kill them. But yeah, let's ignore that

No one has the “research” you suggest because that research does not exist.

I prefer to form my opinion based on facts. Those facts are zero U.S. deaths for current pro or college athletes.

A mistake has been made locking down healthy people. Quarantines are for the ill not the healthy.

I hate face masks and believe they are completely useless against a respiratory virus as has every study on them prior to now, but hey Fauci said it so it must be true (we all know he has never been wrong). However, if there an upside to this in that wearing those masks in the brutal south Florida heat will give us an edge in conditioning and playing in games without them will be so much easier. Hopefully this mask charade will be over soon, but I think Canes football may see some benefit from it.
Wearing a mask is a temporary inconvenience and once a vaccine ( coming very very soon) is ready, we can stop wearing a mask..Hang in there Kamco..

Reactions: serge26
The whole mask issue was based on the same type of data Fauci dismisses to tout HCQ. It was retrospective data based on states that mandated mask wearing and those that didnt. They didnt take into account the differences on how long the shut down was so it was pretty useless data. Its likely if you have covid that your perimeter at which you spread it is smaller. Solid proven science-no.

The face mask situation is ridiculous
It’s not the panacea people claim and it’s been politicized totally
I suppose the the science says that it is helpful if someone who has symptoms wears one so that his sneezes and coughs don’t spread germs
Even before this pandemic, I always avoided people who were obviously ill with a cold ( another Covid virus ) and who were out in public
Not any real science showing that it has much effect outdoors, or in brief personal encounters when people aren’t breathing on one another . If I’m at poker table for 4 hours a foot away from others , would a face mask be a good idea? Yeah , but I’m not putting myself in that situation!

It’s mostly just a political issue now .
If only we masked up blah blah blah

Reactions: krvanness and jyoho
The whole mask issue was based on the same type of data Fauci dismisses to tout HCQ. It was retrospective data based on states that mandated mask wearing and those that didnt. They didnt take into account the differences on how long the shut down was so it was pretty useless data. Its likely if you have covid that your perimeter at which you spread it is smaller. Solid proven science-no.

sabrose Fauci said in early March that you didn't need to wear a mask. Then he reversed course in late May and said folks must wear a mask. He's contradicted himself 100 times. How can anyone take this little man seriously?

Until masks are nationally mandated, If you don't want to wear a mask don't wear one. Just don't come around ANYONE that does wear one, or feels they are necessary. If you want to wear a mask wear one and go only wear others believe masks are useful and necessary.

It's a respect issue if nothing else at this point. The problem is that selfish assholes don't respect or care about others or what they think. Form your own circles and stick to them. But, I know that's a lot to ask and probably won't happen.

Last edited:

The science for mask wearing to prevent the spread of COVID is neither solid nor proven. The risks of wearing a mask for hours throughout the day are proven. How can diminishing the intake of oxygen to body tissues and rebreathing CO2 be good for you? The reason Fauci told us all in March that masks are ineffective is because he knows from data/science that masks are ineffective and, as he said, potentially more likely to increase infection. I will leave it up to you and your common sense to conclude why he changed his mind a couple of months later.

It is my opinion, that UM students/athletes should not be required to wear masks, at any time, because the science does not support it and mask wearing could impair their health. If they choose to wear a mask, that is their choice.

Here is a link to a video that discusses the science: https://themodelhealthshow.com/maskfacts/

Reactions: ghicks
Until masks are nationally mandated, If you don't want to wear a mask don't wear one. Just don't come around ANYONE that does wear one, or feels they are necessary. If you want to wear a mask wear one and go only wear others believe masks are useful and necessary.

It's a respect issue if nothing else at this point. The problem is that selfish assholes don't respect or care about others or what they think. Form your own circles and stick to them. But, I know that's a lot to ask and probably won't happen.

Exercising one's freedom should never be viewed as selfish.

Reactions: Marriedcane
The face mask situation is ridiculous
It’s not the panacea people claim and it’s been politicized totally
I suppose the the science says that it is helpful if someone who has symptoms wears one so that his sneezes and coughs don’t spread germs
Even before this pandemic, I always avoided people who were obviously ill with a cold ( another Covid virus ) and who were out in public
Not any real science showing that it has much effect outdoors, or in brief personal encounters when people aren’t breathing on one another . If I’m at poker table for 4 hours a foot away from others , would a face mask be a good idea? Yeah , but I’m not putting myself in that situation!

It’s mostly just a political issue now .
If only we masked up blah blah blah
You may be right..Let’s see how many new cases come out of Sturgis...

Reactions: oldschoolcane
just like I’m free to kick you out of my establishment if you aren’t wearing masks. Freedom works both ways.

Correct and that would not be a selfish act. You are just exercising your freedom and property right in a private domain. However, it is not selfish for a person to lawfully not wear a mask in a public area even if that makes another person feel uncomfortable.

I prefer to form my opinion based on facts. Those facts are zero U.S. deaths for current pro or college athletes.

A mistake has been made locking down healthy people. Quarantines are for the ill not the healthy.
Oh so you know who is healthy and who is sick? Lmfao what a assclown come on guy I’ll bring you to my wife’s hospital there’s a father who’s dying cause his kid went to senior week in Delaware and came back with the virus!

Reactions: zackbear
A college football player dies almost every year of cardiac arrest In the heat or during training. This is a million times more likely than an athlete dying of COVID.

Reactions: jyoho
Oh so you know who is healthy and who is sick? Lmfao what a assclown come on guy I’ll bring you to my wife’s hospital there’s a father who’s dying cause his kid went to senior week in Delaware and came back with the virus!

I just know that no college football player nor any other active U.S. pro or college athlete has died from COVID. I also know that our players and coaches want to play football and have chosen to do so knowing the potential risk.

Ask your wife if anyone ever dies at her hospital from an auto crash. You never know who is out there driving drunk or reckless but I bet you still regularly hit the road. I wish you well.

T

The science for mask wearing to prevent the spread of COVID is neither solid nor proven. The risks of wearing a mask for hours throughout the day are proven. How can diminishing the intake of oxygen to body tissues and rebreathing CO2 be good for you? The reason Fauci told us all in March that masks are ineffective is because he knows from data/science that masks are ineffective and, as he said, potentially more likely to increase infection. I will leave it up to you and your common sense to conclude why he changed his mind a couple of months later.

It is my opinion, that UM students/athletes should not be required to wear masks, at any time, because the science does not support it and mask wearing could impair their health. If they choose to wear a mask, that is their choice.

Here is a link to a video that discusses the science: https://themodelhealthshow.com/maskfacts/
https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/07/do-cloth-masks-work

You know if they get the heart inflammation they can't work out for 6 months right? There's Clemson player that got sick enough where he has to skip the entire season. There's zero downside to wearing a mask. Also wearing a mask isn't about protecting yourself. It's about not spreading the virus to more vulnerable people. Like football players might be fine, but their families aren't necessarily going to be okay if they get it and spread it. Stop getting your "research" on facebook or 4chan.

You know if they get the heart inflammation they can't work out for 6 months right? There's Clemson player that got sick enough where he has to skip the entire season. There's zero downside to wearing a mask. Also wearing a mask isn't about protecting yourself. It's about not spreading the virus to more vulnerable people. Like football players might be fine, but their families aren't necessarily going to be okay if they get it and spread it. Stop getting your "research" on facebook or 4chan.

I do know heart inflammation is not a new medical issue for 2020. It is typically secondary to viruses such as the flu. We played with that risk last year and the year before that and so on.

I like your theory on the mask. Please shoot me a link for the medical study on masks that supports your position. You might not like what you find in the New England Journal of Medicine. Seriously, if you have something, I would like to see it. I’m not on Facebook and I have never heard of 4Chan. If you find something on those forums, let me know.

Hypoxia, infection and even death are real risks of wearing masks. Check out the facts and don’t forget to use your common sense.

Reactions: ghicks

Again, what you don't fetus that it has killed 170k people in 6 months!!! Where do you think they got it???? From those who had it and spread it!! It spreads like wildfire!!! So just because a young person gets it and does not have severe symptoms, THE FACTS you want are that person who has it and may not be effected seriously spreads it to the old person or the guy with high blood pressure and guess what???? They die!!! This are absolute facts!!!

sabrose Fauci said in early March that you didn't need to wear a mask. Then he reversed course in late May and said folks must wear a mask. He's contradicted himself 100 times. How can anyone take this little man seriously?

He said you didn't need to wear a mask in early March because the numbers of covid in the US were very low!!!!! Once it took off in late March and early April is when he said to start wearing mask!!! Stop spinning bullshit!!!

Exercising one's freedom should never be viewed as selfish.

When it effects others and can get others around you severely sick or even dead, yeah then not wearing a mask is absolutely selfish!!!!

What do people do not get about you can transmit the virus to others without even knowing you have the virus!! That's why you wear a mask all the time when you are around people and Social distance is not possible or can be breached!

I do know heart inflammation is not a new medical issue for 2020. It is typically secondary to viruses such as the flu. We played with that risk last year and the year before that and so on.

I like your theory on the mask. Please shoot me a link for the medical study on masks that supports your position. You might not like what you find in the New England Journal of Medicine. Seriously, if you have something, I would like to see it. I’m not on Facebook and I have never heard of 4Chan. If you find something on those forums, let me know.

Hypoxia, infection and even death are real risks of wearing masks. Check out the facts and don’t forget to use your common sense.

It's common sense!!!

Go to the next stranger you see and without a mask, spit on them!! See what happens other than getting your ass kicked!

Now put on a mask and go to a stranger and spit on them, who do you think gets wet from your saliva?? You do!!

So please stop saying mask do not work. They absolutely help. Are they 100% ?? No because you need to cover your eyes as well, but you are decreasing your odds significantly from getting infected!

It's common sense!!!

Go to the next stranger you see and without a mask, spit on them!! See what happens other than getting your ass kicked!

Now put on a mask and go to a stranger and spit on them, who do you think gets wet from your saliva?? You do!!

So please stop saying mask do not work. They absolutely help. Are they 100% ?? No because you need to cover your eyes as well, but you are decreasing your odds significantly from getting infected!

that was a pretty stupid analogy.

Reactions: Hoeste

Love this and love you Maaaaan !!!

This mask initiative is complete BS. I've been going to the same Publix up here in Fayette County GA for 25 years since it opened. I have not donned a mask from the beginning of this nonsense and certainly since they put up their "Masks Please" sign in July. It's my "peaceful protest".

Reactions: Hoeste and kamco360
He said you didn't need to wear a mask in early March because the numbers of covid in the US were very low!!!!! Once it took off in late March and early April is when he said to start wearing mask!!! Stop spinning bullshit!!!

I'm not spinning anything!!!! Don't make excuses!!! By late March we had quiet a few cases of COVID!!! This little man has contradicted himself a bunch of times!!!! He didn't say to start wearing a mask until May!!!! #Facts!!!! He said in March masks didn't offer any protection!!!!
He himself was seen at a ballgame with his mask down by his throat with two people next to him just 2 - 3 weeks ago!!!!! #Facts!!!! Hypocrite!!!!! You're the one spinning bullshit to fit your agenda!!!!! GET A CLUE!!!!!

Last edited:
This mask initiative is complete BS. I've been going to the same Publix up here in Fayette County GA for 25 years since it opened. I have not donned a mask from the beginning of this nonsense and certainly since they put up their "Masks Please" sign in July. It's my "peaceful protest".
I dont have the same luxury in St Petersburg as you can get fined, what I do find funny is that until July you were not required to wear a mask and yet we had no substantial outbreak during that time. The largest case load we had was in July when everyone had to wear a mask. It gives people a false sense of security, we are for the most part open for business though so **** it. I have to laugh when we go out to dinner and have to wear a mask 20 feet to our table and then we sit down take them off and magically the virus is no longer infectious. Only liberal bureaucrats could come up with something this ridiculous.

I dont have the same luxury in St Petersburg as you can get fined, what I do find funny is that until July you were not required to wear a mask and yet we had no substantial outbreak during that time. The largest case load we had was in July when everyone had to wear a mask. It gives people a false sense of security, we are for the most part open for business though so **** it. I have to laugh when we go out to dinner and have to wear a mask 20 feet to our table and then we sit down take them off and magically the virus is no longer infectious. Only liberal bureaucrats could come up with something this ridiculous.
Yes, you are correct. My area is much less stringent on masks than other parts of the Country. But the mere fact that you can be fined anywhere in The United States of America for not wearing a mask should send chills down everyone's spine. I guarantee you that in 1968 with the Hong Kong Flu, that was on par in deaths in the USA and exceeded the number of deaths globally, these municipalities never would have gotten away with such a thing. But the populous has been softened for years and years, vis-a-vis the Public School system and Universities, and this is what you get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT