ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccinations

bradcane

Starter
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
@gferman what are you hearing about the chances that our players can get vaccinated by opening night next season?

Opening night? At the rate supply is increasing and demand maybe not, they could probably get it in May or June at the latest. The question is if vaccination will be made mandatory by the school or team or ACC, etc.

Opening night? At the rate supply is increasing and demand maybe not, they could probably get it in May or June at the latest. The question is if vaccination will be made mandatory by the school or team or ACC, etc.
Very likely yes.....
On all fronts...

emac

Biden says every adult can be vaccinated by end of May at this rate and with the new vaccine out. moves the timeframe up 2 months.

our players are adults so i assume they would get a shot by summer time.

Only an idiot would think that.

They may not need it for themselves, but it's for the greater good of society. Herd immunity is a real thing. Them getting immunity would save countless numbers of vulnerable people from getting infected.

Greater good? What’s up
Karl?

everyone supposed to be able to get it by summer don't see an issue unless new variants emerge that it's not effective against ... but even then booster shots should deal with that so there's light at the end of the tunnel for sure
Im sure there were some hoping Bama got canceled.

I don’t need it. I’m
not a fatty. Those kids
have a better chance of
getting struck by lightning

If the numbers are true
survival rate is 98.25%

People die everyday
Dude odds are yeah... but i just watched a 37 year old white male ( i say this cause black and latino do worse statistically) perfectly healthy, die in front of me in the icu leaving behind a 6 year old boy and a pregnant wife.
its time for it to end but we are almost there... ya scared to get it... afraid it might hurt?
Bustin balls brudda.

Dude odds are yeah... but i just watched a 37 year old white male ( i say this cause black and latino do worse statistically) perfectly healthy, die in front of me in the icu leaving behind a 6 year old boy and a pregnant wife.
its time for it to end but we are almost there... ya scared to get it... afraid it might hurt?
Bustin balls brudda.

Actually the opposite. I’m not scared
of the virus, I don’t need it. Feel
Me

Reactions: 816_Cane
No, I'm not a liberal or communist. Some things need to be done for greater good, like keeping idiots from driving drunk. Everyone can't be selfish all the time and always do what they want. We live in a society, not a lawless jungle.

Take your shot or
shots like a good subject
I’ll pass. Don’t need it

Only an idiot would think that.

They may not need it for themselves, but it's for the greater good of society. Herd immunity is a real thing. Them getting immunity would save countless numbers of vulnerable people from getting infected.

Herd immunity is quickly approaching. There is really no need for young people to get an EXPERIMENTAL vaccine with unknown long term side effects. This is especially true when considering they are 99.98 % safe from COVID death. I’m 63, I got it, but no I don’t want my three children to get it, especially my two daughters of child bearing age.

Herd immunity is quickly approaching. There is really no need for young people to get an EXPERIMENTAL vaccine with unknown long term side effects. This is especially true when considering they are 99.98 % safe from COVID death. I’m 63, I got it, but no I don’t want my three children to get it, especially my two daughters of child bearing age.

^^^This

Take your shot or
shots like a good subject
I’ll pass. Don’t need it
Obviously you don't need it. And obviously you don't understand science. You make decisions based on emotions, and that is your right. Just don't go to the hospital and use up everyone else's resources if you get sick. And that also includes anybody else you get sick. like your friends and family. That's a fair deal, right?

Reactions: JusticeCanes
Obviously you don't need it. And obviously you don't understand science. You make decisions based on emotions, and that is your right. Just don't go to the hospital and use up everyone else's resources if you get sick. And that also includes anybody else you get sick. like your friends and family. That's a fair deal, right?

I’m a tax paying
citizen. I put in on
this, maaaaaan

Kevin, what you say is true, and I agree that they are safe. I'm 51 and my risks is extremely small too. The reason for them getting a vaccine is not for that reason. It's for preventing spread in the entire community so this virus doesn't infect the vulnerable and it can die out. And it is not much more experimental than other vaccines - the risk from the vaccine is lower than the small risk from Covid you just mentioned. Not only was it tested in 10's of thousands before it was approved, but now we have 10's of millions of people providing live-time anecdotal evidence that it is extremely safe. That is fact, can't be denied. And there is no scientific evidence to suggest it will cause any harm in women of child bearing age. Again, just facts.

Reactions: clevelandcane
Kevin, what you say is true, and I agree that they are safe. I'm 51 and my risks is extremely small too. The reason for them getting a vaccine is not for that reason. It's for preventing spread in the entire community so this virus doesn't infect the vulnerable and it can die out. And it is not much more experimental than other vaccines - the risk from the vaccine is lower than the small risk from Covid you just mentioned. Not only was it tested in 10's of thousands before it was approved, but now we have 10's of millions of people providing live-time anecdotal evidence that it is extremely safe. That is fact, can't be denied. And there is no scientific evidence to suggest it will cause any harm in women of child bearing age. Again, just facts.

The typical vaccine takes 10 years to develop and test. We have absolutely no idea of the long term side effects of these vaccines. We have never utilized a mRNA vaccine previously but we are putting it into 100’s of millions of people on an experimental basis. We do know previous mRNA vaccine trials were abandoned because they were believed to lead to infertility in women. (It led to the antibodies produced attacking the placenta, it has a similar protein receptor).

No one knows if this is a long term safe solution including the medical community or its inventors; that’s why it was only cleared under an emergency experimental basis. We are all the lab rats in this vaccine’s trial; including myself. There is a reason even Biden has said we hope to have a vaccine available for children in 2022; because no one knows the long term effects of the one I have in my arm.

Many experts believe we will have herd immunity in the US as soon as next month based upon estimated infections and vaccinations exceeding 60%. No need for the young to be the lab rats.

The typical vaccine takes 10 years to develop and test. We have absolutely no idea of the long term side effects of these vaccines. We have never utilized a mRNA vaccine previously but we are putting it into 100’s of millions of people on an experimental basis. We do know previous mRNA vaccine trials were abandoned because they were believed to lead to infertility in women. (It led to the antibodies produced attacking the placenta, it has a similar protein receptor).

No one knows if this is a long term safe solution including the medical community or its inventors; that’s why it was only cleared under an emergency experimental basis. We are all the lab rats in this vaccine’s trial; including myself. There is a reason even Biden has said we hope to have a vaccine available for children in 2022; because no one knows the long term effects of the one I have in my arm.

Many experts believe we will have herd immunity in the US as soon as next month based upon estimated infections and vaccinations exceeding 60%. No need for the young to be the lab rats.
Again, cannot disagree with most of what you said, but all signs point to the risk being extremely low. There is probably more risk of drinking BPA's from plastics every day than these vaccines.

Her immunity will come MUCH faster with people getting vaccinated.

Reactions: krvanness
Again, cannot disagree with most of what you said, but all signs point to the risk being extremely low. There is probably more risk of drinking BPA's from plastics every day than these vaccines.

Her immunity will come MUCH faster with people getting vaccinated.

Actually from Dr's I've spoken to, young people are better off by gaining immunity through exposure.

Anyone who actually thinks a man with Julio Frenk's politics would mandate a vaccine that was founded under the Trump administration is not living in the real world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT