ADVERTISEMENT

WAGE Inflation VERY real.

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Wages up 11.6% last month. While you might still here the Left continue to speak about minimum wage I assure you it's just talk because that train is long past the station.

As I've said before I am the Board President of my condominium building on the beach. We have ZERO employees all 3rd party contracted vendors. Housekeeping, security, pool / beach, valet, Management all 3rd party vendors. We were unable to fill positions so raises were given the past 2 years but still we found ourselves losing staff in certain departments. And then it got hard to even get people to show up for interviews.
Now the people do show up BUT THEY HAVE DEMANDS. Not kidding real demands. It's as if the employer is the one attending the interview not the potential employee. I don't do these interviews of course but I do get the feedback from my department managers.
In housekeeping we lost 3 staff members to Wendy's and other fast food chains. Those being interviewed will NOT even consider a job unless it starts at $14 per hour with a 40 hour week. Not 32, not 35, must be 40.
This is a very real problem. I understand people need to make money but the jump up in wages was so RAPID and real it's wild.
Unlike my Association real for profit companies can not EAT these costs alone. They can cut elsewhere slightly but the bulk must be passed thru to the customers.
There is just no way around it.

When we voted for the $15 here in FL I voted No because the end game it don't help it just increases the cost of living.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
Owned my biz for nearly 22 years now … couldn’t even hire anyone last 2 years ( they prefer for government to give them $700 checks monthly )… hired on 5 new employees last 2 months … I’m paying 2x the amount for employees since the beginning of Covid …. My material costs have also steadily risen over the last 1.5 years ( some materials have went up as much as 200%}…. Guess who suffers from all this , my customers … and in turn , those who can do the same … nasty cycle that I see no end to at the present moment … always gotta get worse before it can get better

Owned my biz for nearly 22 years now … couldn’t even hire anyone last 2 years ( they prefer for government to give them $700 checks monthly )… hired on 5 new employees last 2 months … I’m paying 2x the amount for employees since the beginning of Covid …. My material costs have also steadily risen over the last 1.5 years ( some materials have went up as much as 200%}…. Guess who suffers from all this , my customers … and in turn , those who can do the same … nasty cycle that I see no end to at the present moment … always gotta get worse before it can get better
Real and it sucks. A nasty cycle of pain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT