ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the 20 year anniversary of the attacks on America

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Moved to tears.
I remember like yesterday taking my boys to school. They went to a private Jewish school thru elementary. Got home made coffee, turned on my little 20" TV in the kitchen and saw a plane had hit the World Trade Center #1. At first I thought a small plane inexperienced pilot must have made a huge error. Then I saw the 2nd jet circle and beeline it for the 2nd tower. I knew this was terrorism and my heart sank.
Got in the car and beelined it for my kids school. When I pulled up I saw police everywhere as it was a Jewish school and it was clear this was terrorist attack. Took them home and watched the pentagon and then Pennsylvania.
In the ensuing hours watching the towers crumble before our eyes. Shock, disbelief, anger, sadness all set in. In the coming days watching President Bush who I thought handled it as well as any President could under these circumstances. Glued to the TV like the rest of America. Bravery before our eyes every minute.
And then America came together in the most beautiful of ways.

And 20 years later we see Never Forget but the words are hollow, fake.
And then we abandon US citizens in the hands of our enemies and watch them take over the Government of Afghanistan.
And we say Never Forget but we did forget and some went so far as to blame America.
And as I watch today sad for these families I am also angry but today my anger is towards our own Government because it's clear they largely forgot.
Then I see a pre-recorded video of our current President and in it he talks about Americans going after Muslim Americans in the days after and then I realize he forgot what today is all about.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to bring 9/11 up, it’s hard to give it the reverence it deserves on a message board. To be honest when watching the footage from twenty years ago it hit me harder than I expected, I had to fight back tears.

Sadly we have forgotten, and the generation that came after 911 was deliberately brainwashed about the events that day. The last twenty years politicians have deliberately divided us with help from the media and education system, so they can stay in power. The latest is vaccinated against unvaccinated.

We were the victims on 911 , our anger was a righteous one. Now you’re not even allowed to identity the unholy terrorists who did this unprovoked atrocity. It’s been en vogue for Democrats to shit all over our country the last twenty years, there main goal is to divide us by groups and erase our history.

What happened on 9/11 was tragic, what happened on 9/12 was beautiful. We were united as one. We weren’t just all Americans, we were all New Yorkers.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to bring 9/11 up, it’s hard to give it the reverence it deserves on a message board. To be honest when watching the footage from twenty years ago it hit me harder than I expected, I had to fight back tears.

Sadly we have forgotten, and the generation that came after 911 was deliberately brainwashed about the events that day. The last twenty years politicians have deliberately divided us with help from the media and education system, so they can stay in power. The latest is vaccinated against unvaccinated.

We were the victims on 911 , our anger was a righteous one. Now you’re not even allowed to identity the unholy terrorists who did this unprovoked atrocity. It’s been en vogue for Democrats to shit all over our country the last twenty years, there main goal is to divide us by groups and erase our history.

What happened on 9/11 was tragic, what happened on 9/12 was beautiful. We were united as one. We weren’t just all Americans, we were all New Yorkers.
Ya no doubt. You’d think because it was a while ago that we would have had more to to grasp it. Still struggling with it.

Reactions: grbcane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT