ADVERTISEMENT

When visiting Publix I just can not believe my eyes

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
I cook. I enjoy it. I don't like stocking too much food because I also go out to eat alot as it is just my wife and I and it's a drag cooking for 2. Also at 60 that''s just what we do with our friends.
Every time I go to Publix it's the same thing either I can't believe my eyes or my ears.
Sunday I met my buddy for breakfast at Bagel Cove. I needed milk and a few things so I jump into the Aventura Publix around 191st street. Milk shelves bare. They had milk but mostly Publix brand or the Almond or Soy milks. No lactose free milk of any brand. My son was lactose intolerant and we just got used to Lactaid milk. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH. When you ask a Publix employee where it is you get the same response maybe tomorrow or the day after.
Then the meat section, you can see the partially bare shelves. Prices up, choices are down.
Now with meat it could be that prices are so high that they have cut back on purchasing too much to avoid waste but that's the circle of inflation. With prices high people pull back on what they buy so the stores cut back on what they will stock. They don't want to have to throw it out.
And this fire ends up feeding itself. We cut back prices should come down with reduced demand BUT the grocery store cuts back so supplies are reduced and then prices don't come down so quick.
I only buy it if it's on sale. I won't pay $24.99 per pound for USDA Choice NY strips at publix when the price used to be $14.99. They aren't good enough for that price.

Then there is the people to talk to. Sunday it was an old woman at the checkout line talking to me about our Country and under her breathe this administration, and the conditions being bad.
Time before that it was a younger Black couple and the girl was bitching about prices and America outsourcing everything..

What a drag....................

You think Publix is bad, we had to go to a wedding back up at Jersey shore. Decided to stay at condo a few days and go up to Philly to see old friends. Publix looks like “ The Land of Plenty “ compared to the supermarket up there. My nephew told me when meat shopping you check the shrink wrap on the meat packaging because if it’s loose or stretched that’s an indication how long meat has been on shelf. Decaying meat gives off gases that expand the wrap.

I cook. I enjoy it. I don't like stocking too much food because I also go out to eat alot as it is just my wife and I and it's a drag cooking for 2. Also at 60 that''s just what we do with our friends.
Every time I go to Publix it's the same thing either I can't believe my eyes or my ears.
Sunday I met my buddy for breakfast at Bagel Cove. I needed milk and a few things so I jump into the Aventura Publix around 191st street. Milk shelves bare. They had milk but mostly Publix brand or the Almond or Soy milks. No lactose free milk of any brand. My son was lactose intolerant and we just got used to Lactaid milk. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH. When you ask a Publix employee where it is you get the same response maybe tomorrow or the day after.
Then the meat section, you can see the partially bare shelves. Prices up, choices are down.
Now with meat it could be that prices are so high that they have cut back on purchasing too much to avoid waste but that's the circle of inflation. With prices high people pull back on what they buy so the stores cut back on what they will stock. They don't want to have to throw it out.
And this fire ends up feeding itself. We cut back prices should come down with reduced demand BUT the grocery store cuts back so supplies are reduced and then prices don't come down so quick.
I only buy it if it's on sale. I won't pay $24.99 per pound for USDA Choice NY strips at publix when the price used to be $14.99. They aren't good enough for that price.

Then there is the people to talk to. Sunday it was an old woman at the checkout line talking to me about our Country and under her breathe this administration, and the conditions being bad.
Time before that it was a younger Black couple and the girl was bitching about prices and America outsourcing everything..

What a drag....................
Stop it! Your lying. Little Petey Buttigieg said he fixed the supply chain crisis.

The economy is like a freight train, you can't stop and start it.
The Covid lockdowns were the most assinine thing we could have ever done.
The US government is broken. It will take a long time to get back to full speed.
Too many of our fellow Americans think the have solutions to all of the problems.
They create nothing they fix nothing
Let the private sector work

Try owning a restaurant. Never been busier, never been more short staffed, never have the prices gone up this fast and we’re constantly 86’ing things. I seriously get yelled at every day for stuff that I literally have no control over. Worst freaking time to be in the industry.

it’s a weird dichotomy. More and more small businesses in my plaza and around town are closing which is just pushing more business my way but we don’t have the support staff to accommodate the demand. Still nobody worth a shit wants to work. We keep hiring these guys that get all excited about the potential to make more money than they ever thought possible in a restaurant and then when they see what it entails they quit.

Try owning a restaurant. Never been busier, never been more short staffed, never have the prices gone up this fast and we’re constantly 86’ing things. I seriously get yelled at every day for stuff that I literally have no control over. Worst freaking time to be in the industry.

it’s a weird dichotomy. More and more small businesses in my plaza and around town are closing which is just pushing more business my way but we don’t have the support staff to accommodate the demand. Still nobody worth a shit wants to work. We keep hiring these guys that get all excited about the potential to make more money than they ever thought possible in a restaurant and then when they see what it entails they quit.
One of the reasons they don't want to work is democrats have created a couple of generations of layabouts with annual giveaways to individuals and to unions. I just saw a study from here in northern NH, the average teachers pay is between 50-58K but once you add in the benefits it rises to over 100K. All the while, test scores are dropping precipitously and teachers are whining about low pay.

The economy is like a freight train, you can't stop and start it.
The Covid lockdowns were the most assinine thing we could have ever done.
The US government is broken. It will take a long time to get back to full speed.
Too many of our fellow Americans think the have solutions to all of the problems.
They create nothing they fix nothing
Let the private sector work
"We?" The Red states figured out fairly quickly it was a huge mistake. The Blue States still haven't figured it out.

One of the reasons they don't want to work is democrats have created a couple of generations of layabouts with annual giveaways to individuals and to unions. I just saw a study from here in northern NH, the average teachers pay is between 50-58K but once you add in the benefits it rises to over 100K. All the while, test scores are dropping precipitously and teachers are whining about low pay.
OMG. Congrats. Dumbest post of the year. I taught for thirty years and my kids were on reduced lunch. Wow. Talk about the dumbing down of America. You’re the poster child.

OMG. Congrats. Dumbest post of the year. I taught for thirty years and my kids were on reduced lunch. Wow. Talk about the dumbing down of America. You’re the poster child.
Gotta agree with you on the kids on free lunch and lousy parental support. One of my sisters is an ED teacher here in South Florida for over 30 years. She works her azz off in a very stressful environment. It takes a special person.

People aren't working. Publix probably nerds to compete with Target, $25/hr or Walmart to get people to stock their shelves or truck deliver their goods.
On another not, I asked the Publix guy in the seafood dept why he didn't have any Cod? He said it was the fault of the Russians! OMG, we have the dumbest generation of Americans that ever existed! To be told that by their superiors and believe that is beyond amazing. LOL

Father of the year award. Guy is blowing $100 a year on Canesport and who knows what else and his kids are eating on reduced lunch.

Not a single paper towel roll on the shelves today. That is 3rd world stuff.
I guess the White House bought out all the stock to clean up multiple Biden messes?
Let's go Brandon
I was in Target Super Store up here in NC for a short time & shelves on pasta aisle were empty, a couple of whole wheat spaghetti boxes left. New store also . Never seen that before accept during a Hurricane where easy/can food shelves empty. Other aisles as well.

• Angry
Reactions: HJCane
People aren't working. Publix probably nerds to compete with Target, $25/hr or Walmart to get people to stock their shelves or truck deliver their goods.
On another not, I asked the Publix guy in the seafood dept why he didn't have any Cod? He said it was the fault of the Russians! OMG, we have the dumbest generation of Americans that ever existed! To be told that by their superiors and believe that is beyond amazing. LOL
\HA. They blame Russia for everything and ppl still believe this crap

I was in Target Super Store up here in NC for a short time & shelves on pasta aisle were empty, a couple of whole wheat spaghetti boxes left. New store also . Never seen that before accept during a Hurricane where easy/can food shelves empty. Other aisles as well.
But little Petey said the Brandon administration had fixed the supply chain problems by increasing energy costs 50%. What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: Dom70
But little Petey said the Brandon administration had fixed the supply chain problems by increasing energy costs 50%. What could possibly go wrong?
Doesn’t little Petey remind you of the smart ass , know it all , teachers pet always raising his hand ? The kid you just want to 👋. Great at speaking nonsense in an incomprehensible world salad ?
And he’s the next best choice for the Democrats?

Reactions: central17
Little Petey has been discovered to actually be an alias for Alfred E Neuman.
mad-magazine-1024x640.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT