ADVERTISEMENT

White House Pressuring CDC to Change School Opening Guidance

CaneBandit

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2020
Carrollton
White House says CDC Director saying Schools are safe to open was in her “personal capacity” and not official guidance, while CDC Director makes statement at CDC presser. Follow the science denying science? Way to abuse power to change guidance. How this plays out will be fun to watch:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky speaking at the White House, Wednesday: “There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely . . . while we are implementing the criteria of the Advisory Committee and of the state and local guidances to get vaccination across these eligible communities, I would also say that safe reopening of schools is not — that vaccination of teachers is not a prerequisite for safe reopening of schools.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki, yesterday: “Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity. Obviously, she’s the head of the CDC, but we’re going to wait for the final guidance to come out so we can use that as a guide for schools around the country.”

Last edited:
White House says CDC Director saying Schools are safe to open was in her “personal capacity” and not official guidance, while CDC Director makes statement at CDC presser. Follow the science denying science? Way to abuse power to change guidance. How this plays out will be fun to watch:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky speaking at the White House, Wednesday: “There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely . . . while we are implementing the criteria of the Advisory Committee and of the state and local guidances to get vaccination across these eligible communities, I would also say that safe reopening of schools is not — that vaccination of teachers is not a prerequisite for safe reopening of schools.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki, yesterday: “Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity. Obviously, she’s the head of the CDC, but we’re going to wait for the final guidance to come out so we can use that as a guide for schools around the country.”

They want to drag this out as long as possible and would like 1 day in-person learning a week to equal "reopening"...

Reactions: CaneBandit

LMAO. What happened to "follow the science"? I guess that only counts when Sleepy Joe and his minions agree with it..."Final Guidance", you can't make this shit up...

LMAO. What happened to "follow the science"? I guess that only counts when Sleepy Joe and his minions agree with it..."Final Guidance", you can't make this shit up...
Well, considering the WH is saying they are waiting for the official guidance from the scientist, sounds like they are following the science. But this is old news, they reversed this position (or got CDC clarity) and now are aligned with Dr. Walensky.

I kind of like when folks don't dig in on bad decisions, but that's just me.

Well, considering the WH is saying they are waiting for the official guidance from the scientist, sounds like they are following the science. But this is old news, they reversed this position (or got CDC clarity) and now are aligned with Dr. Walensky.

Right. So why even discuss the matter and tell everyone it was a personal option. Would have been a timely spot for a “circle back” response

Last edited:

Horse shitt if they where following the science schools would be open already..

This is to keep school unions happy..!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT