ADVERTISEMENT

Who is reading all these stupid books?

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I swear every person in dc and the media have their own book now. It seems like a new one comes out every week. Is that just like the thing you do when you get to the point where you truly feel like the shit? It’s like a prerequisite with these narcissists.

Have any of you actually purchased one of these hacks books and read it? Not going to lie, hunter’s is going to out sell all of them because it’s the only one that has any bs that’s at least entertaining enough to read.

Last edited:
I swear every person in dc and the media have their own book now. It seems like a new one comes out every week. Is that just like the thing you do when you get to the point where you truly feel like the shit? It’s like a prerequisite with these narcissists.

Have any of you actually purchased one of these hacks books and read it? Not going to lie, hunter’s is going to out sell all of them because it’s the only one that has any bs that’s at least entertaining enough to read.
Hard pass

By buying Hunter's book it would continue to give him the money to buy his Crack Cocaine. I don't want to be associated with his addiction.

Reactions: El Cubano
What is a “journalist”? It’s all bull shit these days.
That's a really cynical point of view. Journalist adhere to the canons of journalism. Sure they write from their perspective but there are ethical constraints they are required to adhere to. The problem comes when opinionists feign as journalists. Look at Tucker, for instance, he was sued and his defense literally was that he is not a journalist, meaning he is an opinionist and you can't hold him to account because it need not meet journalism standards. Fair argument. The problem is most folks that enjoy him don't draw the line between him and Rachel Maddow. They treat it as whatboutism and equate the two. Maddow is a flaming lib, sure, but she runs a show that is actual journalism, she can be sued if she intentionally misstates and she can't rely on the Tucker defense.

Fox has some of the finest journalists in the game but they are moving from that model to pure opinion not even editorial, just opinion. Fringe outlets don't even bother with that.

Journalism programs/schools at university and college levels are not new. The conflation of journalism and opinion is. William F. Buckley and James Baldwin were heroes, neither was a journalist, they were commentators. Now, folks can't accept that George Will, Neil Cavuto, or Peggy Noonan because they don't agree with their conservativism...crazy thing is that's equal for the far right and left.

Journalism isn't shit tho, Its journalism, some damn fines ones out there. Wallace, Baer, Stahl, and Cooper come to mind immediately.

That's a really cynical point of view. Journalist adhere to the canons of journalism. Sure they write from their perspective but there are ethical constraints they are required to adhere to. The problem comes when opinionists feign as journalists. Look at Tucker, for instance, he was sued and his defense literally was that he is not a journalist, meaning he is an opinionist and you can't hold him to account because it need not meet journalism standards. Fair argument. The problem is most folks that enjoy him don't draw the line between him and Rachel Maddow. They treat it as whatboutism and equate the two. Maddow is a flaming lib, sure, but she runs a show that is actual journalism, she can be sued if she intentionally misstates and she can't rely on the Tucker defense.

Fox has some of the finest journalists in the game but they are moving from that model to pure opinion not even editorial, just opinion. Fringe outlets don't even bother with that.

Journalism programs/schools at university and college levels are not new. The conflation of journalism and opinion is. William F. Buckley and James Baldwin were heroes, neither was a journalist, they were commentators. Now, folks can't accept that George Will, Neil Cavuto, or Peggy Noonan because they don't agree with their conservativism...crazy thing is that's equal for the far right and left.

Journalism isn't shit tho, Its journalism, some damn fines ones out there. Wallace, Baer, Stahl, and Cooper come to mind immediately.
Unfortunately real journalism is on life support. Yes, there is a HUGE difference between opinion and journalism.

IMO your liberal leanings are shown in your list of "good ones". True, Tucker is opinion. Baer is OK. But a true jourrnalist cannot pick and choose when they want to be journalists and when they want to do partisan hit pieces. Leslie Stahl is a prime example. She has the capability to do a good job. but she often tries to impress the Beltway "in crowd" by being a biatch to Conservatives. Please tell me when she ever goes hard after a liberal? When a journalist crosses that line, IMO they have forever lost the credibility they so desire.

Wallace is a wanna be who will never be half the man his Dad was. He will occasionally pretend to be balanced because Fox writes his paycheck. But when you see him roll over like a puppy when interviewing someone like Pelosi and not challenge her BS, he shows his true political leaning and lack of journalistic genitals.

Actually IMO, Maddow is brilliant and could have been a fabulous journalist. But she plays her snarky liberal schtick for an MSNBC paycheck.

Now Anderson Cooper. From what I have heard from insiders is that he is just not very bright. He can look the part and read a script. But as far as true investigative journalism, he is challenged to find where the best hot chocolate in luxury Swiss hotels is served.

Reactions: Allied2651
Unfortunately real journalism is on life support. Yes, there is a HUGE difference between opinion and journalism.

IMO your liberal leanings are shown in your list of "good ones". True, Tucker is opinion. Baer is OK. But a true jourrnalist cannot pick and choose when they want to be journalists and when they want to do partisan hit pieces. Leslie Stahl is a prime example. She has the capability to do a good job. but she often tries to impress the Beltway "in crowd" by being a biatch to Conservatives. Please tell me when she ever goes hard after a liberal? When a journalist crosses that line, IMO they have forever lost the credibility they so desire.

Wallace is a wanna be who will never be half the man his Dad was. He will occasionally pretend to be balanced because Fox writes his paycheck. But when you see him roll over like a puppy when interviewing someone like Pelosi and not challenge her BS, he shows his true political leaning and lack of journalistic genitals.

Actually IMO, Maddow is brilliant and could have been a fabulous journalist. But she plays her snarky liberal schtick for an MSNBC paycheck.

Now Anderson Cooper. From what I have heard from insiders is that he is just not very bright. He can look the part and read a script. But as far as true investigative journalism, he is challenged to find where the best hot chocolate in luxury Swiss hotels is served.
I find that Rachel Madow's delivery of her point of view is the most irritating delivery of biased news on TV on any channel.

I find that Rachel Madow's delivery of her point of view is the most irritating delivery of biased news on TV on any channel.

Ever watch Hannity tucker anyone on Fox cnn msnbc. It’s all the same bs opinion garbage. Not many strait up fact news people. Even local news is partaking

Only 10,000 copies of Hunter's book have been sold......
It will be a best seller. Not because real people will buy it with their money to read it.

Expect large institutional buys. Planned Parenthood will buy in bulk and put a copy or two in every clinic. Teachers Unions will buy it. BLM and Antifa will buy it. Code Pink, the Sierra Club and various Greenie groups will buy it. And all will receive federal investment 100X the $$$ mount they pay for the stupid book as part of Biden's "infrastructure" plan. Back to the thread title, that is who buys these stupid books - Lobbyists and special interests. It is legalized and laundered bribery, with a tax writeoff.

call me a cynic . Journalism is dead, they’re activists now.

Reactions: central17
It will be a best seller. Not because real people will buy it with their money to read it.

Expect large institutional buys. Planned Parenthood will buy in bulk and put a copy or two in every clinic. Teachers Unions will buy it. BLM and Antifa will buy it. Code Pink, the Sierra Club and various Greenie groups will buy it. And all will receive federal investment 100X the $$$ mount they pay for the stupid book as part of Biden's "infrastructure" plan. Back to the thread title, that is who buys these stupid books - Lobbyists and special interests. It is legalized and laundered bribery, with a tax writeoff.
Bull shit, it’s going to be like basket ball diaries with jim carroll. Sex, drugs and rock and roll “true life” BS crazy shit degenerate son of a crooked politician that we all know.

Ever watch Hannity tucker anyone on Fox cnn msnbc. It’s all the same bs opinion garbage. Not many strait up fact news people. Even local news is partaking
I find that Tucker has an irritating laugh. If he doesn't laugh, he is tolerable.

But here's the difference. Your pointing to examples of lefty journalist. Nothing in the journalism ethos says you can't present from a position of your thought process. You just must adhere to the tenants of journalism. You have to be fact neutral. But just like presenting a case to a jury, you put the best case on to prove your point, sure you conceded facts to the other side but you provide the preponderance of evidence that pushes your narrative. That's irrespective of party. So whether Rachel is liberal as hell (she's liberal, but not far left, ask any Bernie supporter how they feel about her) her sources, her fact checking and her presentation of facts adhere to the tenants.

Tucker, in a suit, all but admonished folks for not realizing their is nothing journalist about his approach. Hannity is similar.

Wallace is a great journalist. I know that Trump said he's not half the journalist his father was but that was cheap shot by Trump. Have you seen Wallace's work? I'll paste a few, he was 100% presenting an argument, and often. But that's the cause of journalism, its not some vanilla report all the time, those are your "reporters", journalist shape thoughts and advance narratives within the confines of facts, truth, research and disclosure.

Here is a great interview with King, but it's decidedly politically aware of the distaste by white America at what King was proposing. Wallace also had a pretty gross gay coverage as well. Either way, thanks for giving it your thoughts. Enjoy this amazing article.

I can’t help but wonder if writing books is the new way to make a shit ton of money indirectly the way that Chelsey clinton did with her $100,000+ lectures or we’re hoping to do with our hurricanes players with their name rights. I mean these politicians are making multi millions for their books and who the hell is reading them? I guarantee you como made more off his book that no one read than that carol baskin made in her net flix tiger king series that so many people during covid shut down actually watched and liked.

Every politician at every level has a book now. Every media hack at every level has a book now. I really think it’s a racquet.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT