ADVERTISEMENT

Why General Miley Deserves A Huge Shoutout

hawaiian cane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2003
Honolulu, Hawaii
The Joint Chiefs Chairman may have well saved American lives by making calls to his Chinese counterpart, Milley's calls thwarted a Chinese miscalculation in the closing weeks of the DJT administration. So for those calling for the head of General Mark Milley have it all wrong.
Milley spoke twice to his Chinese counterpart, General Li Zoucheng of the Peoples Liberation Army. Both times it was to caution General Li not to make terrible mistakes.
China claims control of 80% of the South China Sea, something the US and other nations reject. The result is the US Navy conducts fleet exercises in those waters or sail thru to demonstrate freedom of navigational rights.
The Chinese hate this, complain bitterly and yet accepts these are not acts of war.
But what if one day they concluded otherwise? What if they decided, because of a wide--ranging series of extreme circumstances, that a US destroyer steaming into the South China Sea was this time a part of a coordinated attack. They would believe that every second they failed to act only compounded the hazard to Chinese lives. They might sink it. The United States would be compelled to respond equally or by a greater measure. China might then do the same, and where would the violence end? Might there be war?
According to a new book titled "PERIL", written by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, the Chinese had intelligence in October 2020 that the US was planning such an attack. At the same time, POTUS Trump was engaging in ever more belligerence toward China.
Thats when Milley made the 1st call to Li, with whom he has a long working relationship, assuring him 4 days before the election that no US attack was coming.
The second call was two days after Trump provoked a mob into storming the US capitol to stop Congress from performing its constitutional duty of officially declaring Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 presidential election.
Is it any surprise Li and his officers were distressed at the sight of Trump supporters driving law makers out of the Capitol? That kind of attempt to dethrone our govt, even if for only a few hours, has never happened in the US and is inconceivable in totalitarian regimes like China.
How could the Chinese not worry what a desparate Trump might do next? As with the October call, Milley would have been remiss to not to prevent a Chinese error. "We are 100% steady.....Democracy can be sloppy sometimes, " Milley assured Li, according to the book.
"From all I can see today," said James Stavridis, a retired Navy admiral and a former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, "Milleys actions were within his remit to establish open lines of communication with friends and foes alike, avoid potential miscalculation, and maintain Military to Military stability during a very tense period."

Lets hear your side man
I don't have a side ,man. Milley's job is to give military advice to POTUS. He does not command troops. His job is not to give interviews to sleazy "reporters" like Woodward. His job is not to talk on the phone to Nancy Pelosi. His job is not to give speeches on white rage.His job is not to make a groveling video apologizing for walking across the street with the Commander in Chief.
If he had done his job , we would have kept Bagram and taken out troops last, not first. Multiple retired Admirals and Generals have said if the allegations in the book are true he must resign and be courtmartialed.
Former Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman, the left's ultimate hero in the impeachment. said " If the allegations are true Gen Milley must resign immediately. He violated the Chain of Command and undermined the sacrosanct tenet of civilian control of the military.
Nuff said.

I don't have a side ,man. Milley's job is to give military advice to POTUS. He does not command troops. His job is not to give interviews to sleazy "reporters" like Woodward. His job is not to talk on the phone to Nancy Pelosi. His job is not to give speeches on white rage.His job is not to make a groveling video apologizing for walking across the street with the Commander in Chief.
If he had done his job , we would have kept Bagram and taken out troops last, not first. Multiple retired Admirals and Generals have said if the allegations in the book are true he must resign and be courtmartialed.
Former Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman, the left's ultimate hero in the impeachment. said " If the allegations are true Gen Milley must resign immediately. He violated the Chain of Command and undermined the sacrosanct tenet of civilian control of the military.
Nuff said.
"Sleazy reporters like Woodward"? Woodward has written 20 books on American politics and current affairs, 13 of which have topped best-seller lists and been the recipient of nearly every major American journalism award. Hardly a "sleazy reporter"!

He has a wide reputation for making stuff up. Nobody gives a shit how many books he sold. Journalistic awards- like the awards the NYT got for reporting on Cuomo's fabulous performance killing people in the pandemic or Cuomo's Emmy? James Patterson has sold more books than anyone in history. Does that make him a great writer? Hardly.
It doesn't matter if Woodward was a decent reporter, Milley had no business talking to him about possible military situations or his impressions of what the Commander In Chief was thinking about anything. If this is true he must be courtmartialed.

Last edited:
"Sleazy reporters like Woodward"? Woodward has written 20 books on American politics and current affairs, 13 of which have topped best-seller lists and been the recipient of nearly every major American journalism award. Hardly a "sleazy reporter"!
Famous for making up his own news and slanting his written material decidedly left. He reiterated his most famous quote on CNN multiple times, "This is worse than Watergate." I wonder if he feels the border crisis/disaster is worse than Watergate.

The Joint Chiefs Chairman may have well saved American lives by making calls to his Chinese counterpart, Milley's calls thwarted a Chinese miscalculation in the closing weeks of the DJT administration. So for those calling for the head of General Mark Milley have it all wrong.
Milley spoke twice to his Chinese counterpart, General Li Zoucheng of the Peoples Liberation Army. Both times it was to caution General Li not to make terrible mistakes.
China claims control of 80% of the South China Sea, something the US and other nations reject. The result is the US Navy conducts fleet exercises in those waters or sail thru to demonstrate freedom of navigational rights.
The Chinese hate this, complain bitterly and yet accepts these are not acts of war.
But what if one day they concluded otherwise? What if they decided, because of a wide--ranging series of extreme circumstances, that a US destroyer steaming into the South China Sea was this time a part of a coordinated attack. They would believe that every second they failed to act only compounded the hazard to Chinese lives. They might sink it. The United States would be compelled to respond equally or by a greater measure. China might then do the same, and where would the violence end? Might there be war?
According to a new book titled "PERIL", written by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, the Chinese had intelligence in October 2020 that the US was planning such an attack. At the same time, POTUS Trump was engaging in ever more belligerence toward China.
Thats when Milley made the 1st call to Li, with whom he has a long working relationship, assuring him 4 days before the election that no US attack was coming.
The second call was two days after Trump provoked a mob into storming the US capitol to stop Congress from performing its constitutional duty of officially declaring Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 presidential election.
Is it any surprise Li and his officers were distressed at the sight of Trump supporters driving law makers out of the Capitol? That kind of attempt to dethrone our govt, even if for only a few hours, has never happened in the US and is inconceivable in totalitarian regimes like China.
How could the Chinese not worry what a desparate Trump might do next? As with the October call, Milley would have been remiss to not to prevent a Chinese error. "We are 100% steady.....Democracy can be sloppy sometimes, " Milley assured Li, according to the book.
"From all I can see today," said James Stavridis, a retired Navy admiral and a former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, "Milleys actions were within his remit to establish open lines of communication with friends and foes alike, avoid potential miscalculation, and maintain Military to Military stability during a very tense period."

I agree. It was a tremendous act of patriotism and valor to do that, especially in light of an unhinged lunatic in the WH.

Reactions: krvanness
I have and work with the military every day in the present. Milley was right in doing what he did because it could’ve saved a lot of lives due to potential miscommunication.
If he told other members of the Joint Chiefs that any military action had to go through him not Commander In Chief that's subverting the chain of command. He should be fired immediately just like Vindman, the useful idiot stated. If he told China he would give them warning on an attack that's treason.
Milley is a woke ass kissing politician who goes the way the wind blows.

Nuff said.
No Shore, 100% agree with your post up to Vindman. We have to be intellectually honest. Nothing Vindman says can be taken seriously. A fraud is a fraud whether he happens to be wearing Blue or Red at the moment. Yes what he said is true, but him saying it actually diminishes the facts. It would be kind of like Manny Diaz creating a "How to teach tackling" Blog.

I have and work with the military every day in the present. Milley was right in doing what he did because it could’ve saved a lot of lives due to potential miscommunication.
Could have saved! How about dealing in facts? You are a typical snowflake. In the fetal position because of a Trump WEALLY WEALLY mean tweet.

And shutting of all travel and shipping from China to the rest of the world in February 2020 probably could have saved all millions of lives. The results are in: Millions are dead from the Wuhan virus and Trump did not do anything dangerous to the world on his way out to a peaceful transition.

Last edited:
No Shore, 100% agree with your post up to Vindman. We have to be intellectually honest. Nothing Vindman says can be taken seriously. A fraud is a fraud whether he happens to be wearing Blue or Red at the moment. Yes what he said is true, but him saying it actually diminishes the facts. It would be kind of like Manny Diaz creating a "How to teach tackling" Blog.
I give him credit for serving and understanding the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Everybody who serves isn't a real patriot- look at Bo Bergdahl. I don't respect Vindman . but he is right on this one. like a blind squirrel.

If he told other members of the Joint Chiefs that any military action had to go through him not Commander In Chief that's subverting the chain of command. He should be fired immediately just like Vindman, the useful idiot stated. If he told China he would give them warning on an attack that's treason.
Milley is a woke ass kissing politician who goes the way the wind blows.

Military officers are not obliged to follow illegal orders or orders given when the President is mentally incapacitated. If he felt Trump was unhinged due to his post election behavior, he would be well within his remit as Chairman of the JCS to preemptively mitigate any potential conflict with a near peer competitor.

Reactions: hawaiian cane
Military officers are not obliged to follow illegal orders or orders given when the President is mentally incapacitated. If he felt Trump was unhinged due to his post election behavior, he would be well within his remit as Chairman of the JCS to preemptively mitigate any potential conflict with a near peer competitor.
That is why we have the 25th ammendment. It has a process and must be followed. Is Milley now a medical professional because he once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Nuff said.
If I were in Milley's shoes and I have the lives of US military personnel in my hands I'm not waiting for a decision from the POTUS or Congressional members. With all the unrest coming from the allegations on possible fraud committed in the 2020 Presidential race and our lawmakers embroiled in it, I am taking the Bull by the horns. I am not waiting.
BTW @NO.SHORECANE There have been calls for Milley's resignation on 2 others of his actions. There have been calls for his resignation over a comment the book says Milley made to General Li during the October phone call: "General Li, you and I have known each other now for at least 5 years. If we are going to attack, I am going to call you ahead of time. Its not going to be a surprise."
Treason, some say, even if the United States has a history of giving adversaries the heads up before an attack, as in Syria 2017. Whether this was a questionable throwaway line to diffuse tension, or something more prudent, Milley can explain when he testifies on September 28, 2021 before The Senate Armed Services Committiee.
He has also come under fire for reportedly inserting himself in any decision making process should Trump direct a nuclear attack. Critics call this an unconstitutional attenuation of presidential control, though then --Defense Secretary James Schlesinger did the same thing in 1974 when then President Richard Nixon faced impeachment.
Lets face it. While Trump was president he was faced with making decisions on the Corona virus pandemic. In early January 2020, US intel formally notified the WH of the current situation of COVID-19's presence in China and quite possibly the virus taking hold of American lives. This was on January3rd. What did #45 do next?????
He went golfing on Jan 4th & 5th, Jan 11th &12th and weekends in February. If anyone thinks Trump was proactive is on another planet. Milley did the right thing by making his decisions and why should he wait on someone who who cant be proactive towards a major health crisis. When Trump mishandled the health crisis thats all General Milley needed to see.

I just read a lot of if’s , could haves , and might have happened— but of course nothing did

If I were in Milley's shoes and I have the lives of US military personnel in my hands I'm not waiting for a decision from the POTUS or Congressional members. With all the unrest coming from the allegations on possible fraud committed in the 2020 Presidential race and our lawmakers embroiled in it, I am taking the Bull by the horns. I am not waiting.
BTW @NO.SHORECANE There have been calls for Milley's resignation on 2 others of his actions. There have been calls for his resignation over a comment the book says Milley made to General Li during the October phone call: "General Li, you and I have known each other now for at least 5 years. If we are going to attack, I am going to call you ahead of time. Its not going to be a surprise."
Treason, some say, even if the United States has a history of giving adversaries the heads up before an attack, as in Syria 2017. Whether this was a questionable throwaway line to diffuse tension, or something more prudent, Milley can explain when he testifies on September 28, 2021 before The Senate Armed Services Committiee.
He has also come under fire for reportedly inserting himself in any decision making process should Trump direct a nuclear attack. Critics call this an unconstitutional attenuation of presidential control, though then --Defense Secretary James Schlesinger did the same thing in 1974 when then President Richard Nixon faced impeachment.
Lets face it. While Trump was president he was faced with making decisions on the Corona virus pandemic. In early January 2020, US intel formally notified the WH of the current situation of COVID-19's presence in China and quite possibly the virus taking hold of American lives. This was on January3rd. What did #45 do next?????
He went golfing on Jan 4th & 5th, Jan 11th &12th and weekends in February. If anyone thinks Trump was proactive is on another planet. Milley did the right thing by making his decisions and why should he wait on someone who who cant be proactive towards a major health crisis. When Trump mishandled the health crisis thats all General Milley needed to see.
Please defend Milley's talking about military operations to a book writer with no type of clearance.

Reactions: grbcane
I just read a lot of if’s , could haves , and might have happened— but of course nothing did
@utatem In this world there are 3 types of people:
1. Folks that that make things happen with effective decision makings
2. Folks who watch what happens
3. Folks who say "what happened"???
Which of these 3 would you like to be? Its not a difficult one to answer
General Milley made a decision.....I take that any day of the week

Again NOTHING HAPPENED - are you saying you are giving Milley credit for stopping nothing from happening
Perhaps Milley should have concentrated on what he could control like leaving Afghanistan in an orderly manner instead of the clusterfu*k that he helped create
Bingo! Winner! Let's give Gen HuMilleyation other medal to add to his collection of 1000 for doing absolutely NOTHING except subverting the chain of command. Phony woke loser politician.

Again NOTHING HAPPENED - are you saying you are giving Milley credit for stopping nothing from happening
Perhaps Milley should have concentrated on what he could control like leaving Afghanistan in an orderly manner instead of the clusterfu*k that he helped create
Milley did the right thing by exercising caution. If Im Milley Im not putting faith in a in a POTUS that isnt proactive, that doesnt practice due diligence.
How many men & women are under the command of The Chairman of the JCS?? Im not waiting for a decision from a sitting president who's only concern was to fatten his pocket book at the expense of America. I wont ave so many American lives, US military personnel & their dependents hanging in the balance. Its not hard to figure out.

Gen Hu-Milley-Ation does not command troops.He has NO command authority. His job is to give military advise to POTUS not to give interviews on military matters with reporters with no clearance. Again, let's see you defend that.

Reactions: utatem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT