ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup - INSANE!!!!!

jspangler55

SuperCane
Dec 19, 2010
I don't want to laugh at Brazil but.......... 7-1?!?!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA this is unreal. Genuinely don't think I've been this shocked at any outcome EVER. I definitely wouldn't mind an Argentina/Germany final. Gotta love Lionel Messi.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by legacy305:
Now there are six million and one reasons to hate Germany.
Your ignorance is both pathetic and unwarranted. Germany has been making world wide reparations for DECADES now. The Fatherland remains ashamed of its Nazi past and if you set foot in that Country these days and even utter anything related to the awful regime in World War II, then you'll either be beat up or arrested. Germany is one of the more DIVERSE cultures in all of Europe with a massive influx of Muslim Turks, Jewish Pollacks, and Protestant Scandinavians. Just look at the current German National Team with Khedira and Ozil (of Muslim Turkish decent), Podolski and Klose (born in Poland to Jewish ancestors), or Boateng (Black) and Mustafi (African heritage). And on top of all of that, a FEMALE Chancellor who has implemented some of the most socially liberal policies in all of Germany to foster cultural diversity and acceptance.

"6 million reasons to hate Germany". F**k you you piece of s**t. You don't know anything about the current Germany- only what happened 70 years ago. It took Germany almost ONE HUNDRED YEARS to pay of the $500,000,000 restitutional fine which was imposed on it post World War I.

If you want racist countries to pick on in 2014, then pick on Spain or Italy or Russia. Otherwise, shut the f**k up because your ignorance is polluting this Board.

Unreal...

This post was edited on 7/8 7:59 PM by advarkas

Perhaps the Treaty imposed overly harsh penalties and created such resentment and problems in Germany that a man like Hitler could seize power(oversimplification of course)

However I am not sure what the relevance of how long it took to pay off the WWI restitution is.

That has me puzzled.

As for the game, I did natzi it.

This post was edited on 7/8 8:02 PM by Swaggah64

Germany has deserved the punishment it has received for BOTH World Wars, and I will never dispute that fact. Germany put the entire planet on the brink of destruction and turmoil and caused millions of soldiers and civilians to be subjected to the horrors of War.

However. That was THEN.

This is NOW.

And I am proud of how far my ancestor's country has come since the days of the 1930's and 1940's and even since the fall of the Berlin Wall.

One of the things which makes me this proud is when American-Jewish, and FAMOUS conductor Leonard Bermstein (now deceased, God rest his soul), conducted "Ode To Joy" and the entire 9th Symphony by Beethoven outside of the Brandenburg Gate when the Berlin Wall fell.

Go You Tube It. One of many RIGHT reasons to appreciate and be proud of the MODERN Germany!

Prost! (Cheers!)

This post was edited on 7/8 8:13 PM by advarkas

Get over yourself Varkas. Responding with a personal attack because you didn't like a joke. I meant eight million and one reasons not to like Germany. I forgot the Gypsies. Piss off.

Originally posted by legacy305:
Get over yourself Varkas. Responding with a personal attack because you didn't like a joke. I meant eight million and one reasons not to like Germany. I forgot the Gypsies. Piss off.
No, YOU get over yourself. YOU get called out and YOU learn to deal with facts. The day you try to slide in these little "under the radar" jabs which are fueled by nothing but ignorance and self-serving agendas is the day you get called out for it. I'll put my 4 1/2 languages, experiences, and study and writing of history, philosophy, and psychology up against your bulls**t any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

My joke struck a nerve. You have been on this board a long time and have said things that I have thought were ignorant or disagreeable. I've never attacked you personally. If you think a joke is distasteful, you have the right to express that or ignore it. Calling another poster a POS is a childish over reaction. That isn't calling someone out. That is cursing someone. I speak 5 languages, but I wouldn't curse you in any of them. Goodnight.

Germans are awsome people. have seldom met one that wasnt a great person.

Holocaust historians often say that Germany was the first country to be conquered by Hitler, whom after all was Autrian, not German.

The other important thing to remember is that most of that Jewish community was German. To see them as anything else is to buy into Nazi propaganda.....80 years later. Part of the tragedy is that the German Jewish community was so proud of their country they were caught off guard when the reality of the Nazis showed its true nature.

Germans ended up paying because they lost the war. Truth is that Austria and many neighboring nations collaborated in the atrocities. That also doesnt mention the 56 million people Stalin, Lenin, and Kruschev murderes and were never held to account for because they were our allies.

Varkas. You are an awsome Cane.....been here longer than anyone. Hope you always feel welcome here.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Congratulations Advarkas! I couldn't be happier with the outcome of today's game after my Colombian team lost to Brazil. I've had it up to my ears with their arrogance and (what I thought) favoritism in the past few weeks. Germany is STRONG and I think closes the deal against the Argentina/Netherlands winner.

That score was akin to :

GEORGIA 386
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA 10

This post was edited on 7/9 1:53 AM by oldschoolcane

I too speak 1/2 language it's called SLUR, when I'm Drunk.

Just to jump on trend of this thread.

I guess no other country has committed horrible atrocities in the name of Nationalism or Religion? ( and this is coming from someone with Jewish ancestry).

Hey! Where are all the Native Americans?

Alex simian,

Where did you get that nonsense from? Read in one source?

I am not about to teach you history but what you wrote is very far from the reality of. What happened.

Also to think that all Jews killed in the war were German is preposterous. So you 'fact' is completely irrelevant.

I agree with Varkas and don't want to dwell on this because there is really no reason to but that is just silly stuff.

Nice win today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT