gferman

SuperCane
Staff
May 29, 2001
The 305/954
www.canesport.com
You will start to see official staff announcements this week

OFFENSE

The OC search is ongoing with as many as 10-12 guys interviewed including some blockbuster names. I am not dropping all names on this job because i know it would seriously affect the process on some of them. But have heard some real impactful ones. I can tell you that Ken Dorsey looks like he will be a live option. Kendal Briles is definitely in the mix. I do not think Rob Chudzinski is going to come as OC. Brian Johnson of the Eagles is also seeming less likely to me.

The definite staffers are

RB Coach Jim Mastro from Oregon

TE Coach Steve Field

WR Coach Bryan McClendon from Oregon

OL Alex Mirabal from Oregon

There is still a chance that James Coley lands on the staff, maybe as an asst head coach / quarterbacks

On the defensive side of the ball, Seattle Seahawks AHC Clint Hurtt remains a candidate; I Have also heard Glenn Schumann is being looked at by Cristobal and have confirmed him. There are a couple other candidates behind the curtain that may or may not come to forefront.

The definite staffers are:

DL Coach Joe Salave'a

DB Coach T Rob

The LB Coach will de determined by the coordinator hire

But I am expecting 4 field coaches on defense and 6 on the offensive side if Coley is hired. If Coley is not on staff, then you will probably see a CB coach. Dont sleep on Roland Smith in such a role.

I am expecting Special teams will be analyst driven and supported by all the coaches who will have different areas of responsibility. Look for Dennis Smith, who has arrived from Louisiana Tech and is a workhorse in that area and in recruiting, to play a big role.

Aaron Feld from Oregon will be announced this week as the strength coach

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News