ADVERTISEMENT

BEASON ANNOUNCES MAJOR GIFT TOWARDS INDOOR FACILITY

mshodell

SuperCane
Staff
Jul 31, 2001
Miami, FL
miami.rivals.com
on Beason, former University of Miami football student-athlete and three-time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker, has made a $250,000 gift towards the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility, it was announcedThursday.

The gift pushes Miami past $31 million in fundraising for the indoor practice facility and marks the push for the final $3 million needed to break ground on the $34 million project.

"Even back when I was a student-athlete at Miami, I thought about one day being able to give back. I’m proud to be able to make this gift, which will directly influence and impact young people’s lives,” Beason said. “By donating to this project, I am able to support the dreams of young men like myself and allow them to excel as student-athletes at the University of Miami."

In recognition of the gift, the Jon Beason Defensive Team Meeting Room will honor the former Hurricane standout inside the practice facility.

"I believe in Coach Richt, I believe in his staff and the work they are doing here at The U, and I believe in paying it forward,” Beason said. “I invite all members of the Miami family, including my fellow football alums, to support this project and help us make this facility a reality.”

In his three seasons with the Hurricanes, Beason totaled 187 tackles, 3.5 sacks and one interception. Beason was selected in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Carolina Panthers and totaled 705 tackles, 10 interceptions and three forced fumbles in his 10-year professional career.

The final push to complete funding for the indoor practice facility project is underway. $3 million remains to fully fund this transformational project for UM Athletics. The Hurricanes are looking to supporters at all levels to help reach our goal.

When completed, this will be one of the premier athletic facilities in the country and will benefit all Hurricane student-athletes.

Marquee naming opportunities are still available, including naming of the Indoor Football Field as well as The Head Football Coach's Suite. Additionally, gifts of $10,000 or more will receive recognition on the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility donor wall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News